Community self-help relay station

Hi,

This message is directed more towards those who have designed and installed self-help retransmission systems

Looking to find out if we want to bring in 2,7,9, and 10 and their secondary channels, eg: 7, 72,73,74,.. from satellite, do we really need a satellite decoder/demodulator and transmitter for each digital channel?  I know we can use a multiplexer to combine all these into one antennae and amplified splitter to hang off the sat dish, just cant nut out the bits in the middle. 

So, in our example, in just using seven network alone, we need 4 separate demodulators and 4 transmitters?  Do this across all FTA's on VAST, thats a lot of gear, even at 10watt tx power, a hell of a lot of money...  I thought they were just like sub carriers of the main carrier frequency, meaning  1 demod and transmitter for 7 would send all 7's channels (7,72,72,74.7x) ?

(Google doesnt have much - if any information on this stuff that I can find, even though  the U.K. has the same self-help radcom law thingy as Australia.)

Cheers

Nik