Sign in to follow this  
Noddy347

EOI Custom Built Home Theatre Rack with Mass Storage

I'm looking at a downgrade in theatre rack size and I'm asking for EOI on my rack. This was custom built to my design and will suit almost any home theatre that can accomodate its size and colour. It houses 9 separate pieces of equipment plus all the additional storage for DVDs, blurays and CDs. It also has the ability to house a HTPC, either in a rack enclosure or a normal desktop enclosure like I'm running. It's on a dedicated shelf which is on a soft close drawer slide so it can be slid out for maintenance without removing the PC.

The six lower drawers are all on extendable roller slides meaning they fully extend the full depth of the drawers which is roughly 730mm. This allows you to easily grab a cd or bluray at the very back of the drawer with ease. They also remove completely from the base with a flick of a switch.

It has two 50watt halogen down lights fitted to the top overhang to light the rack itself and the shelf above the cd storage. The lighting is fitted with a std wall plug. The rack breaks down into two pieces for transport, the bottom drawers and then the upper rack. It also comes with a base on rollers so it can be rolled forward for servicing of the rear of the cabinet.

Specs are:

1753mm wide x 760mm deep x 2170mm high. The rack is a midnight blue colour.

Currently holding 342dvds, 112 blurays and 420 CDs plus the equipment listed above. Also has room for another 112 blurays in the empty spare drawer. Behind the DVDs is more than double the space again for even more storage, I have all my VHS tapes stored back there.lol

Six spare shelves will be supplied with the rack

The rack is in a dedicated home theatre so is only used occasionally therefore it's in excellent condition. This custom rack cost me just shy of 3k to build.

if your interested pm me and I can email some pics.

cheers

Edited by noddy347

What's the location?

oneplus 3

Pictures tell a 1000 words mate.. Put the pictures up for everyone to see. It sounds awesome and will get snapped up quicker if you upload some photos

I have monitor 2 mounted using a vesa removable arm to cue movies or use the HTPC.

ac9ba2ac-753a-45c2-9999-68a9bab0c62f_zps

I never got around to painting the edge of the cabinet base black.

febb4c44-9554-40df-a9ab-4aaa6dcfc194_zps

DVD stops can be removed easily with two small screws. There's double the space behind the stop for storage.

;d4e14a02-2153-4340-b81f-c4db91b94788_zps

This is an old iphone pic of the HTPC extendable shelf. It can easily be removed if need be.

26afb0ae-a9cb-41b2-9e7b-b622fc892820_zps

How much are you looking for mate? Also any damage and how old it is? 

Thanks Mate

22 hours ago, Camo1151990 said:

How much are you looking for mate? Also any damage and how old it is? 

Thanks Mate

Well i'm not entirely certain what its worth.  I'm guessing around $1500- 2k, although i might be a mile off. To buy something that will house 10 pieces of equipment, over 500 movies and 420 cds and still have storage behind that is impossible to find, unless its custom. The unit is coming up to 8yrs old and doesn't have any external or cosmetic damage. Although i have had to make some modifications over the years.

When it was first designed i made an oversight in making just three or four two inch holes in the back to feed cables through.  As i start installing more and more equipment those holes have become near useless. So the cabinet maker said to remove a panel from the rear for easier access. So directly behind the bluray player, the receiver and the two power amps a section of the MDF has been removed. That was the best thing i did and made cabling much easier. Removing this section has made no difference to structural rigidity of the cabinet.

Here's a pic above the receiver. 

DSC02387_zpsbmcptjpd.jpg

2 hours ago, Noddy347 said:

Well i'm not entirely certain what its worth.  I'm guessing around $1500- 2k, although i might be a mile off. To buy something that will house 10 pieces of equipment, over 500 movies and 420 cds and still have storage behind that is impossible to find, unless its custom. The unit is coming up to 8yrs old and doesn't have any external or cosmetic damage. Although i have had to make some modifications over the years.

When it was first designed i made an oversight in making just three or four two inch holes in the back to feed cables through.  As i start installing more and more equipment those holes have become near useless. So the cabinet maker said to remove a panel from the rear for easier access. So directly behind the bluray player, the receiver and the two power amps a section of the MDF has been removed. That was the best thing i did and made cabling much easier. Removing this section has made no difference to structural rigidity of the cabinet.

Okay thanks i will have to see the wife. just to clarify it wasn't home made but actually made by a professional cabinet maker?

Thanks for getting back to me.

3 hours ago, Camo1151990 said:

Okay thanks i will have to see the wife. just to clarify it wasn't home made but actually made by a professional cabinet maker?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Correct it was made by a cabinet maker who main business was kitchens and bathrooms, sadly he's passed away not long after he made this for me. If there's anything else you need to know just say so.