Sign in to follow this  
vanderblitz

Looking for a TV antenna installer. West of Melb

Hello,

I'm looking for a reputable TV antenna installer for a new single story house, with colorbond roof in Williams Landing suburb (west of Melbourne)

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 57John
      Can anyone recommend me a great AV/HT Installer who can handle Krix speaker systems for HT? And does Intercoms preferably wireless.
      I need someone with advanced experience if possible. House plans available.
    • By Dexx1503560195
      I have a TV in a room where an external antenna connection isnt possible. Can you recommend a cheap indoor antenna which works ok in a medium signal area? VHF primarily.
    • By SqEyez12
      Is it possible to have two WISI antennas at different locations on one's roof, connected, so that they act as a single array for TV reception?
      The reason I ask is that I am in a fringe area (country NSW) and a signal survey across my roof could find no one location where all 5 channel groups (2,3,5,6,8) are good, there is always one or more channels that fail.
      So i was thinking that if you had two locations were, say, 2,3 6 were good and a second location where 5 and 8 were good, if you could have a WISI antenna at each location and connect them in some way so they formed a single array (i.e. one antenna would not interfere with the other) then one should get good reception on all channels.
      An antenna tech who did the survey today said it is not possible, but I thought I would ask here anyway.
      TIA
    • By customx
      Hello!
      We live in a block of townhouses that are serviced by telstra cable and we were fortunate enough to have our foxtel installer drop by and install our foxtel service.
      We have telstra cable internet, which, prior to the install was working. When I got home from work, my partner said the foxtel technician had been and gone, and that we were now able to access FTA channels through out IQ box, however, our wifi was not working.
      I looked into the roof access point and noticed that the technician had cut and split the coaxial cable that was previously directly routed into the study, where our modem lives. There is now a Hills diplexer installed. The source cable fed from the distribution point is connected to the in/out on one side of the room. On the other side of the diplexer there are two points; FTA and SAT. The SAT connection was fed to the study, where the modem was connected and the FTA connection was fed to the FOXTEL point in the lounge. With this configuration, we could get both FTA and FOXTEL channels through our IQ box, but no internet.
      After calling up support and riding the foxtel says it's telstra's fault, telstra says it is foxtels fault merry go round, I decided to cut my losses and try playing around with the diplexer. When I swapped the SAT connection to feed FOXTEL, and the FTA connection to feed the modem, the modem connected to the internet but I lost FTA channels on foxtel (foxtel channels still worked).
      TLDR;
      -Cable Foxtel and Telstra Internet
      -Internet previously worked before technician installed foxtel placing a diplexer in roof
      -With diplexer configured as SAT -> Modem = No Internet.
      -FTA -> FOXTEL IQ = FTA + Foxtel channels through IQ
      -With diplexer configured as FTA -> Modem = Internet /SAT -> FOXTEL IQ = Internet/Foxtel channels only through IQ (no FTA)
      My options are:
      1) get a splitter and split the FTA output of the diplexer to both the modem and the FOXTEL IQ and hope that I get both internet and FTA + Foxtel channels on IQ. Do you think this will work!???
      2) another option suggested by the brilliant people of dtvforum
      3) spend the rest of my mortal life, being endlessly transferred between foxtel and telstra.
      Really looking forward to your help!!

• By customx
      Hello!
      We live in a block of townhouses that are serviced by telstra cable and we were fortunate enough to have our foxtel installer drop by and install our foxtel service.
      We have telstra cable internet, which, prior to the install was working. When I got home from work, my partner said the foxtel technician had been and gone, and that we were now able to access FTA channels through out IQ box, however, our wifi was not working.
      I looked into the roof access point and noticed that the technician had cut and split the coaxial cable that was previously directly routed into the study, where our modem lives. There is now a Hills diplexer installed. The source cable fed from the distribution point is connected to the in/out on one side of the diplexer. On the other side of the diplexer there are two points; FTA and SAT. The SAT connection was fed to the study, where the modem was connected and the FTA connection was fed to the FOXTEL point in the lounge. With this configuration, we could get both FTA and FOXTEL channels through our IQ box, but no internet.
      After calling up support and riding the foxtel says it's telstra's fault, telstra says it is foxtels fault merry go round, I decided to cut my losses and try playing around with the diplexer. When I swapped the SAT connection to feed FOXTEL, and the FTA connection to feed the modem, the modem connected to the internet but I lost FTA channels on foxtel (foxtel channels still worked).
      TLDR;
      -Cable Foxtel and Telstra Internet
      -Internet previously worked before technician installed foxtel placing a diplexer in roof
      -With diplexer configured (1) as:
               - SAT -> Modem = No Internet.
               - FTA -> FOXTEL IQ = FTA + Foxtel channels through IQ
      -With diplexer configured (2) as:
               - FTA -> Modem = Internet
               - SAT -> FOXTEL IQ = Internet/Foxtel channels only through IQ (no FTA)
      So I'm frustrated and confused.
      My options are:
      1) get a splitter and split the FTA output of the diplexer to both the modem and the FOXTEL IQ and hope that I get both internet and FTA + Foxtel channels on IQ. Do you think this will work!???
      2) another option suggested by the brilliant people of dtvforum
      3) spend the rest of my mortal life, being endlessly transferred between foxtel and telstra.
      Really looking forward to your help!!