3 hours ago, bradp51 said:

Looks like it is gone again.  65 in just too small though.  Would have liked to see a high quality 85 or 100.

They are available. In fact, installing one for a client tomorrow. Sony have made these somewhat exclusive through the PRO channel until March next year, now that the OLEDs are out in the mass market.

On 21/09/2017 at 2:17 AM, Hydrology said:

They are available.

Sorry but are you saying that the bigger Z9D is available in Australia??

No just the 65". The other models have and will never make it to these shores.

The 65" is available through the specialty retailers only until March 2018 I believe.

The 2017 model year 940E has been highly rated. If I didn’t get the ZD9 in 65 first, I’d have been all over the current 15% off for the 940 in 75

I've been tossing and turning about getting the 940e with the current discount lol seeing that the 75 zd9 is NEVER EVER going to be released here. But I'm hoping the 75 940f will bring us closer to the Z9D. 

The 940 has a significantly smaller number of individually controlled zones. But it’s comparable to other FALD models from other brands according to HDTV Test which he reckons might be the best LED backlit LCD TV for 2017

The 65 is a fair bit larger than my older 60 plasma but the 75 would have been a perfect upgrade

Does anyone want a barely used 65 ZD9 for 4k?

I’ve barely put in 50 hours on that tv. I’m still using the plasma for regular tv - wife refuses to budge on that one so it was in a guest bedroom hooked up to a PS4 running off TV speakers (not been a great gaming experience) while I am working on repurposing my study for a proper game console room.

Bummer

Finally got the Xbox One X on Monday midnight and was clearing my study room table (basically cluttered with an old Mac mini that I hadn't turned on in years using an old 42" LCD TV for display, and a second Mac Mini with LPS mod for Roon server duties. 

It was a pain to connect up all the cables after moving it, so I made sure to run all the cables to the back ahead of time. 

HDMI 1 to PS4 Pro

HDMI 4 to Xbox One X

And BLOODY HELL, those are the two that are not HDR compatible for games!!

Make sure you use HDMI 2 and 3 (ARC) for the HDR sources.  

Also you need to go to Settings, External Sources, HDMI Signal and change it from Normal to Extended. 

Swapped cables around - so now all of them report HDR gaming compatible. 

Good thing my old PS4 (non Pro) cable connected to HDMI2 passed through 4K easily.

I kept the old PS4 for VR duties seeing as the VR kit doesn't pass through HDR from the PS4 Pro. 

The DV firmware update has gone live in North America, but reports are that it only enables Dolby Vision via the built-in apps like Netflix.

The HDMI inputs are currently unable to accept Dolby Vision. 

This could be due to playback devices also needing an update, like the Apple TV 4K and Oppo UHD blu-ray players.

Dolby themselves admitted that there was an issue with their code which meant receivers needed an update.  Sony may simply be using that latest fix in the DV code, which has 'broken' playback from DV certified players.

No sign of the Australian DV update yet.

Horray!

It now appears the long awaited Dolby Vision firmware update for the Z9D is up on the Australian Sony website.

Can I ask a few things:

Will this ever see a HDMI 2.1 upgrade?

Any replacement TV in the horizon?

How does it compare to an OLED, and if I got for size, will I lose out a lot compared to an OLED. Basically an equivalent size OLED 75-77" is about twice the price..

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Wow.  I just applied the latest update to my KD-75X9400E and it looks noticeably better. One of my issues was faint horizontal lines with FALD on medium or high, noticeable on light grey flat material. That appears to have gone and the image seems really clear, like a faint noise was removed, which I didn't realise was there but now the image is stunning.

And of course it adds the Dolby Vision support. The Android OS seems faster too. I am very impressed, it has made the TV perfect.

Edited by HumanMedia

Just watched Annihilation in Dolby Vision on my recently updated 75X9400E, and all I can say is WOW.

It's amazing that the Z9D model is almost two years old, but still one of the best receivers out there.

43 minutes ago, Craig M said:

receivers

TV...

JSmith :ninja:

11 minutes ago, JSmith said:

TV...

JSmith :ninja:

A Television Receiver. !

23 hours ago, petetherock said:

Been busy enjoying my new Z9D, but I finally managed to pen down some notes:

http://peteswrite.blogspot.sg/2018/05/sony-z9d-75-tv-review.html

Nice.  I did not realize Sony were bringing the 75 inch Z9D's into Australia. 

I have had the KD-75X9400C for 2.5 years and so far it's been pretty well perfect.

Ah... my set isn't in Oz... not in NSW right now mates :) 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kukynas
      There is lots of sites with 4K content in many shapes or forms but not many allow you to look at entire list in user friendly manner so I decided to create our own list with complete collection available within 1 page, I plan to update it once a week (if time allow) but if someone is willing to help from mods (due to post update restrictions) I would definitely appreciate it...
      All artworks (pictures) are taken from www.blu-ray.com and are hyperlinked, there are other sites I could take it from but BR seems to be most updated, I only took 1 artwork per title even if there might be more from each, if you are unsure about the title name from the picture just hoover with your mouse over it and it'll pop up or just click on it and it'll open directly on blu-ray.com site
      Whole list is in alphabetical order (sort of according to BR page ) so if you can't find certain title please have a look under different name e.g. Jason Bourne might be under "B" but also under "J" as some of them where released under different name, same applies for prefixes e.g. "the" etc.
      I don't know what's the standard screen resolution these days so if you'd like to widen it with more artworks within one row just let me know and I will rebuild it...       
      It took some time to build it and format it so hopefully it'll be helpful to those interested, enjoy 

#
                    A                                                                 B                                                                                 C                                               D                                                                                          E                                             F                                               G                                               H                                                                        I                                                     J                                                               K                             L                                                                    M                                                                                                                              N            O   P                                                                                               Q   R                                         S                                                                                                          T                                         U                   V         W                                             X                  Z
    • By Frankp01
      I've been mulling over this issue for a while now, and thought I'd ask you guys (and girls) if you had any answers for me. I've also done a search and can't find any threads specifically discussing the issue of variable 4K quality on different platforms.
      The main question, there will be others later, is... why does 4K on You Tube look so much cleaner and precise than 4K presentations on all other platforms?  If I watch something in (supposed) 4K on You Tube it is always as I would expect 4K to look, whereas 4K on Netflix, Amazon, Stan and VUDU is good, but doesn't have the same (almost) jaw dropping clarity of a You Tube video.
      Before we go any further, here is the gear I use (all cables are good, and high speed NBN of consistent 95mbs):
      Hisense 75N7
      Yamaha 3060
      Apple TV 4K
      Nvidia Shield
      All devices are connected via the 3060
      Other questions I just can't find answers to:
      1. The Yamaha 3060's recent update included Dolby Vision, but the Hisense isn't compatible. The ATV sends Dolby Vision instead of HDR to the amp when watching Netflix. Does this make any difference? Can it be changed if needed?
      2. If this is causing an issue, is there a way to only send HDR from the amp to the Hisense?
      3. How do I ensure that I am allowing all video to pass through to the TV to allow it to do the upscaling, as I believe the Hisense is capable of doing a better job?
      4. When I visit a You Tube channel which supposedly is showing HDR content, is it actually in HDR or just brighter 4K? The TV doesn't register a HDR signal from You Tube. This is when trying on both media players. The TV does receive HDR signal from other platforms on both the Shield and ATV.
      Thanks for any help. Oh, and before anyone whinges that I've posted this on a couple of forums...I just can't find answers to these questions, so I'm covering all knowledge bases.
      Cheers
    • By Sirmorebeer
      Coming to Aus I wondered? RRP 2.5K USD.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/05/jvc-dlp-4k-projector/

Specs:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/2968784-jvc-lx-uh1-new-4k-projector.html#post55977410

• By JB_2016
      Item: Sony VPL-VW500ES Projector
      Price: $4,250 ONO ($13,999 RRP)
      Item Condition: Excellent condition
      Reason for selling: Change to later model
      Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer
      Extra Info: This fantastic true 4K projector has very low hours (~400) and has been always mounted in a dedicated room, used for movies only.  Currently running from an Oppo BDP-103 - it's as good as new.
      It just had a new genuine Sony lamp fitted.
      It will be packed and shipped in it's original box via courier of your choice if not local.

EDIT: Price drop to $4250.  This really is a bargain for such a good projector...

Pictures:

• By Thechillman
      Hey everyone,

Kind of new to the whole UHD thing (but loving it so far) and am wanting to get feedback from those who have done it. 

I’ve read that you’re able to play UHD movies ordered from overseas and they’ll play here in Australia as the UHD discs are essentially region free. 
      Is this true? Does anybody have any experience with having ordered UHDs from overseas (specifically America via Amazon etc) and can confirm it works?

And has anybody had the opposite? Where they’ve ordered UHDs from overseas and they haven’t worked? 

I’m aware the extra regular blu-ray dis that comes with most releases probably won’t work - it’s the UHD stuff I’m after. 

Thanks in in advance for your help everyone! Appreciate it ?