Sign in to follow this  
Scorchie™

Forum Upgrade - Fixes, Broken Stuff

13 minutes ago, Scorchie™ said:

Self-help is such a wonderful innovation.

the first step is admitting you have a problem

;-)

9 hours ago, mello yello said:

try another image

Gave it another try, this time on a PC and it worked.

Still got the following message but didnt seem to matter.

You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Chop, they havent been recounted in about 5 years.  I'm not surprised.

22 hours ago, mello yello said:

dunno mate, maybe try zooming it to fit, but thats a pain as well

its probably designed for mobile devices seeing everyone is staring into one these days,

Yes I would say it would stuff up other sites I visit if I zoom it in. I'm using a IPS 23 inch monitor.

34 minutes ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

Yes I would say it would stuff up other sites I visit if I zoom it in. I'm using a IPS 23 inch monitor.

Using Firefox, i zoomed this page, but any new tab didnt zoom,

even if i go to a new website from this same tab, it doesnt zoom, returning to DTV it remembers the zoom setting, even in the same session tab

are you using Firefox, BM ?

Edited by mello yello

Some feedback on the main page look and feel.

It might just be the format shift but its really suffering from more is less IMO. I'm in condensed view.

The topic title is great.

Underneath that is the Tags (what's up with the multi colours?). I'm not sure they're needed here. Does anyone scan down the pages of topics looking for "4K" in a tag and click to see what its about? The tags are user created so there's no standard ones. IMO tags are great to help searches but anyone willing to take the time to add them to a thread will have obviously put some thought into the thread title? They should be hidden.

The 'Toms post has been commented on by Philip' provides the same info as the old forum but you have to work hard to read whole sentences and parse it. The old approach of two columns (Post Creator and Last Commented By) was clear and straight forward. I'm guessing though that with things like RSS feeds the sentence format provides more flexibility? 

I don't expect these things to change but I wanted to add my 2c

Peter Gillespie

Yeah I was at 7200 something last week... seems to have dropped back to 5000, odd. :blink:

Scorch, I recall not long before OT was closed (2 years now?) post counts for OT were stopped, everything before that was still counted.

Not sure about this 5 year figure you speak of... ;)

Not that it matters a great deal... but a post is a post wherever it may be made. :)

JSmith :ninja:

2 hours ago, Chopsus said:

Please explain, I have lost 4000 posts since the change, why?

Does it matter? (Although it is nice to have overtaken you in the post count Chopsus :))

I suspect the new posting status symbol will be reputation points anyway. They're in colour too.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Edited by pgdownload

can someone do a how it was done on the old version and how its done in the new one..still trying to get my head around it..especially new posts and how to get to the ones i havent read yet.

mixo

40 minutes ago, mixo said:

can someone do a how it was done on the old version and how its done in the new one..still trying to get my head around it..especially new posts and how to get to the ones i havent read yet

mixo

Mixo,

"My content" has been replaced with "activity stream"... there is options in that sub-menu for "content I posted in", "content I started" and "unread content", plus various sorting options. You can also go to your profile and click on "my activity" etc. :)

5 hours ago, mello yello said:

Using Firefox, i zoomed this page, but any new tab didnt zoom,

even if i go to a new website from this same tab, it doesnt zoom, returning to DTV it remembers the zoom setting, even in the same session tab

are you using Firefox, BM ?

Yes I'm using the latest Firefox. Can you please explain how to Zoom on Firefox

Edited by Blackman
I always make typos

3 minutes ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

Yes I'm using the latest Firefox. Can you please explain how to Zoom on Firefox

Idiot! Looked and couldn't find it I post and I find it. Thanks works a ripper. I have it set at 133%.

On 24/07/2016 at 1:30 PM, hrh said:

Saw the answer to my question as soon as I had posted, DOH!!

7 hours ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

Idiot! Looked and couldn't find it I post and I find it.

lol

wow, thats a pretty good feature, might try it for myself, lol

"will i win lotto this saturday ?"

NOPE

BM, i manged to add the + and - tabs into my toolbar at the top, then if you click the "133%" it resets the zoom

looks like the new version of Firefox has taken that option out and you have to go via the <view> menu

Edited by mello yello
additional editing by NSW Lotteries support

Yes I exit the Browser and it doesn't save it at 133% so I say that there must be a trick to it.

Mind you I still haven't learn't how to set up Firefox to start from the Desktop with NEW PRIVATE WINDOW option.

thats strange, i just rebooted and it managed to save the 120% i set DTV at (from the <view> tab even

cant see any option to "open browser in private mode" they might have an add-on for that

just updated to v47 and all that is the same

dont know

Edited by mello yello

Peeps, we're not going to have a debate about post counts.  If post counts are of importance to you, I am happy to reset yours back to 0.

If they happen to go back up after some of the missing posts are re-spliced, great - but if not, move on with your week!

I'm experiencing a problem with the site.  If I go to http://www.dtvforum.info, everything is OK, but if I go to http://dtvforum.info, I get an error most of the time.

27 minutes ago, Ron12 said:

... if I go to http://dtvforum.info, I get an error...

+ 1

dtvforum.info Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again. 

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Return to the index

Must have been mentioned above but clicking thread links takes you to the 1st post instead of the last?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

If you click on the time posted, will take you to last page.

43 minutes ago, pgdownload said:

Must have been mentioned above but clicking thread links takes you to the 1st post instead of the last?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Peter,

You can also click on the star or bold dot next to a thread and that should take you to the last unread post in that thread.

11 hours ago, Ron12 said:

I'm experiencing a problem with the site.  If I go to http://www.dtvforum.info, everything is OK, but if I go to http://dtvforum.info, I get an error most of the time.

Thank you for this.  Updated so this should work progressively over the next few hours.

11 hours ago, JSmith said:

bold dot next to a thread and that should take you to the la

Thanks. IMO pretty unintuitive for users though. People click the link to take them where they want to go, not read the text and then find another link to do it.

IMO the default behaviour should take you to the most recent post.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Edited by pgdownload

Been looking at Activities.

In "Content I Started", showed only 5 topics, and I am pretty certain I have started more!  2 of the topics have truncated posts: Good Sacd, Dvd-A And Blu Ray Audio References started 11 Apr 15, first post 9 Sep 15  Star Wars: Watching Sequence started 23 Oct 15, first post 6 Dec 15, poll results still there but no ability to change vote (as per old version).

Worked out how to create and save an activity stream to show unread posts since last visit, but I accidentally created 2.  How do I delete 1 of them?