Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Scorchie™

Forum Upgrade - Fixes, Broken Stuff

Recommended Posts

Please post here if you encounter problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cons ...

  • had to sign in again
  • log-in didnt carry over from the old forum, so as a guest this part of the website isnt visible
  • friends list didnt carry over from the old version
  • i noticed your screen name was enough to get you in, previously you could have used a more secure log-in name
  • parts of the script look a bit wobbly, edit: appears to have settled now
  • still having a problem with apostrophes

 

cant find a way to edit my signature which contains a very large YouTube pop-up now, where it was just a link before

edit: nevermind, found it via a dropdown menu on your username, and removed link to a YouTube otherwise it shows a huge quarter page YouTube preview panel

 

sorted ;-)

 

post count is being incremented in this section, so does that mean OT posts count now ?

 

pros ...

  • PMs appear to have carried over
  • most users online 976 record (over SNA) has carried over edit: (this seems to have changed to 1032 now)
  • twice as many members as SNA has carried over as well edit: (seems to have changed from 92775 to 98664 now)
  • for the record : prior to changeover 1,921,219 posts made as at 22/7/2016
  • Australias Leading Audio Visual and Home Theatre Forum claim confirmed

 

:cat:

 

  • emoticons work, could do with a few more though

 

:clover: < Alfa Romeo lives here, thats all that matters

Edited by mello yello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Display Name is now the intended login name.  This is for various reasons...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ah, you condensed all my posts into the one post, thanks

 

can you also restore my senior membership status now ? and over 24K posts ?

 

:rolleyes:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


lol

thats ok, i never said please

 

:P

 

I noticed youve given yourself a 5000 reputation and i have zero

is this like a golf score thing

 

(how would i go about liking my own posts)

i assume it has to do with the heart icon over on the far right? but its unclickable, i tried to <like> your post, but couldnt (click it)

Edited by mello yello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not the heart that you click, it's the green up or red down arrow. You won't have seen them, because Scorchie doesn't have them (overly sensitive to criticism, perhaps?) and you don't see your own.

You should be able to see mine now that someone else is in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ah, clicked yours, refreshed the page and it has added one to your heart tally

 

you are now the most liked (non-admin) member on the forum with a plus 1

 

cant tell if that heart tally on that particular post is for the number of times that post was liked as i cant see any of your other posts, but as time will tell, i guess that heart tally is that posts total likes

Edited by mello yello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Let's see what happens if I give each of yours a click.

 

Edit: yep, there you go. Under your name is the cumulative total across the forum, within each post is total for that post only. Makes sense.

Edited by Justin Case
Adding context

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i <like> that

 

:-)

 

and, i got notification of it while i was on another website

bottom right hand corner (had AV open but was in another tab)

 

 

Edited by mello yello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Is there some way to filter out all the RSS auto added newsfeed stuff?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stop reputationing me! I can't help the post count but if I'm going to build my reputation (ironic huh) as a Maverick Dark Horse then I need the highest post count coupled with the lowest reputation.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

PS Need to get used to the auto paragraph spacing - keep inserting lines that I then need to delete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi Caniffe nice work with you and JS to improve the presentation of the site, well done.

In the resurrection of the OT subjects from times past there are a few closed and now irrelevant topics that should be left gone in my opinion.

 

keep slugging it out

Edited by agelessgoodguy
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pgdownload said:

Hi

Is there some way to filter out all the RSS auto added newsfeed stuff?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Ditto this one! 

I just want to view unread posts but more than half the items are RSS news feed items I couldn't care less about..... :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, is there any notification in the user's member panel (left hand side) or otherwise that they are online?

Every other forum I'm on at least lets you know if someone is online at any given time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this is weird. Not sure if its related to my HIDE SIGNATURES choice but some members have huge info lists under their avatar in posts (so they write one line response but the post takes up half a page.

See Tassie Devil here

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


When I search for new content, can I disable the RSS News feed? I can't seem to filter forum posts only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1000 get rid of the rss feed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There appears to be no 'desktop view' button anywhere for people using phones to access the site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a workaround for the RSS Feed cluttering up the Activity List

click the "mark forum as read" icon next to the RSS Feed subforum, then filter Activity for <unread content>

and violin!!, all RSS stuff has now "been read", and wont show

I mean you hardly would want to see what you have already read, yes?

 

(this information brought to you by mellos loophole services)

 

;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pgdownload said:

So this is weird. Not sure if its related to my HIDE SIGNATURES choice but some members have huge info lists under their avatar in posts (so they write one line response but the post takes up half a page.

See Tassie Devil here

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Yes, this is the Interests field.  I'll remove that from the skin over the next day or so.

1 hour ago, doggiehowser1503564764 said:

When I search for new content, can I disable the RSS News feed? I can't seem to filter forum posts only

Agreed.  No quick way to remove it, so I've disabled the RSS feed for the moment.

4 hours ago, pgdownload said:

Hi

Is there some way to filter out all the RSS auto added newsfeed stuff?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

As above

4 hours ago, pgdownload said:

Stop reputationing me! I can't help the post count but if I'm going to build my reputation (ironic huh) as a Maverick Dark Horse then I need the highest post count coupled with the lowest reputation.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

PS Need to get used to the auto paragraph spacing - keep inserting lines that I then need to delete.

Setting adjusted to revert to 'old' behaviour

3 hours ago, agelessgoodguy said:

Hi Caniffe nice work with you and JS to improve the presentation of the site, well done.

In the resurrection of the OT subjects from times past there are a few closed and now irrelevant topics that should be left gone in my opinion.

 

keep slugging it out

Thanks.  If there's some in particular, please PM me.

2 hours ago, Nevyn72 said:

Ditto this one! 

I just want to view unread posts but more than half the items are RSS news feed items I couldn't care less about..... :blink:

Noted, see above.

2 hours ago, Nevyn72 said:

Also, is there any notification in the user's member panel (left hand side) or otherwise that they are online?

Every other forum I'm on at least lets you know if someone is online at any given time.

Main page lists members online...

1 hour ago, mixo said:

+1000 get rid of the rss feed

Noted

1 hour ago, digitalj said:

There appears to be no 'desktop view' button anywhere for people using phones to access the site.

Thanks - I've reinstalled Tapatalk so your mobile app should work normally again.

51 minutes ago, mello yello said:

I found a workaround for the RSS Feed cluttering up the Activity List

click the "mark forum as read" icon next to the RSS Feed subforum, then filter Activity for <unread content>

and violin!!, all RSS stuff has now "been read", and wont show

I mean you hardly would want to see what you have already read, yes?

 

(this information brought to you by mellos loophole services)

 

;-)

That's one method...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Malich

Any chance of making the 'Topics' & 'Posts' sidebars on the right of the front page individually collapsable / hideable again, as they used to be?

 

Also, not seeing these mythical red/green up/down "like" arrows (FF 38.8.0 ESR - yes, I know it's not the very latest). Please don't "fix" this ... ;)

 

Not a fan of the theme's larger titles & names / larger avatars & badges / etc  & the resultant excess whitespace, but that's a personal choice. I understand you Windows types prefer that now ;). I can fix that for myself with some custom CSS.

 

When I looked earlier, not all the editor options (e.g. font size) were available in the signature editor. Possible to add them?

 

Still think many of the stickies around the place are pointless, outdated, or redundant, but that's a secondary issue.

 

(edited for clarity & testing purposes ;))

Edited by Malich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Malich said:

Any chance of making the 'Topics' & 'Posts' sidebars on the right of the front page individually collapsable / hideable again, as they used to be?

 

Also, not seeing these mythical red/green up/down "like" arrows (FF 38.8.0 ESR - yes, I know it's not the very latest). Please don't "fix" this ... ;)

 

Not a fan of the theme's larger titles & names / larger avatars & badges / etc  & the resultant excess whitespace, but that's a personal choice. I understand you Windows types prefer that now ;). I can fix that for myself with some custom CSS.

 

When I looked earlier, not all the editor options (e.g. font size) were available in the signature editor. Possible to add them?

 

Still think many of the stickies around the place are pointless, outdated, or redundant, but that's a secondary issue.

 

(edited for clarity & testing purposes ;))

 

Hi,

 

  1. Topics/Post sidebar are site wide, so probably not
  2. Arrows etc are there if the browser supports it
  3. Sorry!
  4. Added size to the editor, but there are three editors depending on the function.  Would prefer not to add more..
  5. Agreed, please send a list of ones that should go sooner than later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, agelessgoodguy said:

Hi Caniffe nice work...

... don't forget Kazz, she did a lot of testing! :)

JSmith ninja.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Scorchie

it appears you've unlocked the birthday thread.

i can't find where to delete the new one I made, so can you do that please.

no point having two of them.

 

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...