Humax Hdr-7510T

I am having a bit of trouble , I have a Humax HDR-7510T sometimes when I go to play a recording I get a message saying that there was no signal & the program couldn't be recorded but when I click OK it plays as normal. Another thing occasionally when playing a recording the picture breaks up & even jumps so we miss parts of the recording, we have had the antenna guy out & he has checked & said it is OK, could the problem actually be with the Humax

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PVRs usually just pause recording if they have no signal. So if your signal is dropping out completely (during recording) then you will get sudden skips like you describe. It sounds like the file is experiencing these drops and reporting the fact to you when you try play it.

Issue is probably with your reception. Possibly the Humax tuners are breaking down a bit but more likely your reception IMO. Perhaps replace the fly cable from the wall socket to the PVR. Also remove any other devices plugged into the antenna (TV?) and any splitters etc.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

We have an amplifier on the antenna & a 3 way splitter as we have 3 TV sets, this problem has only been happening for the last couple of months & the antenna, amplifier & splitter have been here for just over 12 months

Hi,

Any pattern to the bad recordings? Time of day? Network/Channel?

Even though the signal checked out OK at the time, external intermittent sources can give problems. Hard to trace too.

Can you get a signal from another transmitter? It may be less affected.

If you have another PVR (TV with USB?), record the same shows at a different outlet/s and see if that has the same problem. Swap the Humax to another outlet. Even if you have to buy (borrow?) a cheap USB PVR, it may identify where the problem is. Record with both on the same outlet. Plus, you can never have too many PVRs.

If you live near me (South West, Lower, Central Victoria) I could loan you a, slightly used, Toppy 2470. Need to supply your own HDD though. :)

dRdoS7

If I was to format the hdd would it help with this problem Also can I transfer a couple of movies from the Humax to aUSB drive & what files system does the drive have to be in

Edited by jw24

If I was to format the hdd would it help with this problem

Possibly, but only if the problem exists only with recordings, but not live TV. Might take a while to test that out?

dRdoS7

Edited by dRdoS7

Also can I transfer a couple of movies from the Humax to aUSB drive & what files system does the drive have to be in

Have to check your manual for that. I deleted the one I downloaded before deciding to buy Beyonwiz T2s.

dRdoS7

If the Humax is well out of warranty, you could put the internal drive in a PC, and run a scan test using whatever brand HDD's program. That will prove if it's signal or HDD for sure.

Edited by dRdoS7

We have an amplifier on the antenna & a 3 way splitter as we have 3 TV sets,

Formatting the hard drive won't fix anything (other than deleting problem episodes). Any system that splits the antenna is prone to digital issues. IMO the issue has nothing to do with your PVR but is just the signal level at one outlet dropping below the digital cliff.

Dif your antenna guy say the antenna signal strength was strong or did he go to each outlet and say each one was strong? As DrDos says, try plugging the PVR into other outlets.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

He just tested the strength of the outlet in the lounge room which is where the Humax is

My understanding is with a splitter environment reception quality can fluctuate depending on what each outlet is doing / plugged into etc. A TV on in another room might cause the Humax to drop a few percent and suddenly you're over the 'digital cliff'. I'm suggesting that in any effort to pinpoint an issue the first move is to simplify the environment. Perhaps unplug everything else. Try moving the Humax to another room for testing. Try swapping the fly lead (antenna cable between the wall and the PVR. But perhaps first up unplug the TV from an antenna (remove cable from the wall as well) and only have the Humax PVR connected to the antenna cable. Slowly add other equipment back in.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Peter we usually only have the main TV set on at any one time, usually one other set is on when we are eating & the third when my husband is watching the AFL ( but I am usually not recording then)

Peter we usually only have the main TV set on at any one time, usually one other set is on when we are eating & the third when my husband is watching the AFL ( but I am usually not recording then)

But you've said you don't see the issue live generally. that would suggest that while the PVR is recording perhaps other TVs are being used elsewhere. Fluctuations can occur just with having other sets plugged in. Doesn't have to turn on. Anyway, I've suggested you remove the aerial that is going into the TV in the same room as the PVR. Its a simple place to start. To answer your original question I don't think the issue is with the Humax. That said if you buy a new PVR it might have a better reception properties (digital cliff a bit lower down the scale). Or it might have worse.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

• 3 weeks later...

well it isn't my Humax that is the problem, our TV channels keep dropping out now , the antenna guy is coming out again on Tuesday so I am hoping he can find the problem as it is starting to get really annoying

• 6 months later...

We have just bought a Panasonic Viera TV  TH49DX600U.....   ..... can anyone tell me how I can watch videos I have recorded & stored on a USB stick, also every now and then a strip pops up on the left side at the top of the screen ???? with now and a red square and Freeview with a green square is there any way of stopping it

Edited by yogiebear

Can you describe this better. Its a little hard to understand what is happening

The USB stick should just plug in and be a top level menu option to play from. However you probably won't be able to play recordings from other TVs etc. That requires the USB stick be formatted and customised specifically for each TV. If its MKV or AVI files then you should be able to play those.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Peter  the strip that pops  up at the top of the screen I got rid of it      The USB I have worked out also  Now how do I access the media player &  The only way I can get sound when using the Humax HDR-7510T  after plugging it into the new TV using an HDMI cable was the set the audio on the TV to analogue & also use a red & white cable I don't know why as I have only ever used an HDMI on the old TV

Edited by yogiebear

2 hours ago, yogiebear said:

Peter  the strip that pops  up at the top of the screen shows IView  with the red square next to it  + Freeview with a green square next to that when I change to the ABC ,  The other channels show their on demand  + Freeview it is only there for a couple of seconds but I would like to stop it if possible.      The USB I have worked out Also how do I access the media player The only way I can get sound when using the Humax HDR-7510T  after plugging it into the new TV using an HDMI cable was the set the audio on the TV to analogue & also use a red & white cable I don't know why as I have only ever used an HDMI on the old TV

Tis all in the manual. Page 111 on wards. :)

I would suggest emailing Panasonic support on the +Freeview issue. Sounds like a bug.

Sound is strange. Try a different HDMI cable if you can find one. I'd say you need to tweak the settings though. You should be able to set the HDMI Audio Format on the TV menu.

Try pages 56 and 47 of the aforementioned manual.

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie