Majestic Evo Ultra 4K Cinemascope Screen

1 minute ago, oztheatre said:

What's the go with the window? Do you still want to use the window thru the day or just block it out completely?

If you want to use the window then you can't exactly use a fixed screen as you'd be taking it down every time you want the window open.

Can't rearrange the room so screen goes on wall without a window?

When I'm not watching using the screen, I'd really like to have the screen out of the way so the room could get natural light and air flow.

No, I don't have an option on the wall. The opposite wall has the door in it, and I want to keep it oriented that way (so looking at the 3.6m wall, not the 4.8m wall. I've already got it cabled and wired (power points etc) for this setup too. I didn't even think of the window when I had the house raised and built under... I believe you had to have a window, Council regulations wise, but it never occurred to me to see what options I might have had then (eg a smaller window high up)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All,
I've just moved into a house with a media room and was looking for a screen, I have an old Panasonic PTAE 1000 projector but will be upgrading this year, so was thinking of a 140" Majestic screen, are they a good screen? Better than the eBay screens? Also they have 10% off for a referral, can anyone here refer them?
Cheers.

Hi all, about to pull the trigger on a majestic screen from oz theatre screens and just stumbled across this old thread.
Is the 10% off for a referral still valid? Every little bit counts,
Thanks

22 hours ago, tomE said:

Hi all, about to pull the trigger on a majestic screen from oz theatre screens and just stumbled across this old thread.
Is the 10% off for a referral still valid? Every little bit counts,
Thanks

Yes we still more or less do that anyway, forum members always get looked after.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just added this to the commercial members section.

20% off all Majestic Screens to Sunday 17th December.

If you need in time for Xmas and are thinking about it, please don't leave it too late as we'll get snowed under trying to get them out in time.

If you wish to order now and take delivery later that's also fine just let me know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oztheatre said:

Just added this to the commercial members section.

20% off all Majestic Screens to Sunday 17th December.

If you need in time for Xmas and are thinking about it, please don't leave it too late as we'll get snowed under trying to get them out in time.

If you wish to order now and take delivery later that's also fine just let me know.

Does this affect a projector package purchase? I won't need mine until early next year like Late  January Or February but don't mind ordering the screen earlier for the discount! 

What did you end up going for Tom?

im thinking 150” scope

I think the 150” screen would be the size of my wall.
My room is approx 5.2 x 3.7 and 2.8m heigh.
With the couch positioned at 4m I went for the 130” scope. I don’t think I could squeeze another inch out.
What are you thinking?

My room is 4.2m x 6m, seating at 4m. 150” scope will leave room for speakers and masking panels to sit either side. We’ve been using the wall for now and loving the size. My wife is getting the bug as well, she gave the green light for black ceiling and all. I’m using an old projector from a friend while I wait for 4k/laser projectors to sort themselves out.

Don’t tell me you went the 150”. I am getting serious size envy right now!
Just did the calculations again!
Length 5.14
Width 3.7
Height 2.8
With my projector (JVC9500) sitting 25cm off the back wall allowing for ventilation I could possible stretch to 135” perhaps... but I think the 130” would be the safe bet!

7 hours ago, Mobe1969 said:

Does this affect a projector package purchase? I won't need mine until early next year like Late  January Or February but don't mind ordering the screen earlier for the discount! 

Discount also applied to any package so still 20% off the screen in the package.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tomE said:

I think the 150” screen would be the size of my wall.
My room is approx 5.2 x 3.7 and 2.8m heigh.
With the couch positioned at 4m I went for the 130” scope. I don’t think I could squeeze another inch out.
What are you thinking?

What about front speakers? No space for towers with that size and width room and screen.

What about front speakers? No space for towers with that size and width room and screen.

Should be ok, unless I’m missing something.
The roof ceiling height is 2800
The screen height is. 1431 (including frame)
B&W 703 S2 height is 1025
Leaving me. 344 up my sleeve
There is also around a foot either side of the screen

5 hours ago, tomE said:

Should be ok, unless I’m missing something.
The roof ceiling height is 2800
The screen height is. 1431 (including frame)
B&W 703 S2 height is 1025
Leaving me. 344 up my sleeve
There is also around a foot either side of the screen

I guess they don't recommend having the speakers too close to the walls.

• 2 months later...

My Evo Ultra 4K screen arrived today thanks to Richard, but there was no instructions in the box. I’ve no clue how to connect the frame, what the long silver piece is for, what the black things sliding out of the frame are, or how to attach the screen which is just on a roll. Is there a link to instructions? Very frustrated right now haha

33 minutes ago, TheHeadlessPoster said:

My Evo Ultra 4K screen arrived today thanks to Richard, but there was no instructions in the box. I’ve no clue how to connect the frame, what the long silver piece is for, what the black things sliding out of the frame are, or how to attach the screen which is just on a roll. Is there a link to instructions? Very frustrated right now haha

I'll try attaching a copy below - I don't think they've changed since I bought my screen.

oz_theatre_screens.pdf

• Like 1