Oppo UHD 4K Owners & Discussion Thread

You have had a reply...I was driving to Malaysia and out for dinner there, so give some respect please before you complain about this or that. Don't expect an immediate reply just because you sent a message and I didn't reply immediately...people have other things on that are outside of your control too.

SLT is also out station and I will chase this up yet again when I am back. I'm as disappointed as you are. I have no control over SLT's staff, so have to rely on what I am told has or hasn't been done, and only act accordingly when I hear something hasn't happened. This is the first I have heard you or whoever got your set hasn't received anything.

As I am outstation without my computer I don't have the mo spreadsheet with me so cannot check the specific details until I get back.

Bro Wiz, I believed uelover is just a bit concerned that for too long he have yet to receive the hardcopy sale invoice. I'm sure he didn't mean any disrespect.

uelover, I think SLT staff is to be blamed for their oversight...there is nothing Wiz can do anything about it. Please let Wiz check for you when he returned. I'm sure even w/o the hardcopy receipt, if anything wrong with the Oppo player, SLT will still honor the warranty. No worries.

1 hour ago, Addicted to music said:

You are right

Just a thought,  good to check to see if it's not a cut and paste printing issue on a website..   or alternatively send the question to OPPO on there feedback, you usually get a reply within 24hrs.....This is what I like about OPPO, you will definately get a reply on the feedback.

this is something that came to my attention as the "paid up" beta testers brought to attention. so have no doubt some departure here from their usual way.

16 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

@:) al

If you're interested I can bring the 105 to do a direct compare with the 2 channel. My 105 is in stock form, no modifications.  I'm just interested in how much the 205 has brought to the SQ.

sure no probs could be interesting. though something will have to wait a little while still as concentrating on a few other things just yet. but would be great to explore. and likely of interest to others as well. so will give you a yell when ready. i'll say this from the outset... I would not be flabbergasted if the difference is so small or not discernible. infact I'm likely going to be more surprised if there is massive gains to be made. I tend to like to go into these things with little to no expectations and rather be pleasantly surprised :D 

• Like 1

Bro Wiz, I believed uelover is just a bit concerned that for too long he have yet to receive the hardcopy sale invoice. I'm sure he didn't mean any disrespect.

uelover, I think SLT staff is to be blamed for their oversight...there is nothing Wiz can do anything about it. Please let Wiz check for you when he returned. I'm sure even w/o the hardcopy receipt, if anything wrong with the Oppo player, SLT will still honor the warranty. No worries.

Thank you, desray.

Yes, I didn't mean any disrespect to anybody, and I am anxious to make sure that everything are in good order. If I could do that without troubling anyone (i.e. to contact SLT myself), I would.

Thank you, desray.

Yes, I didn't mean any disrespect to anybody, and I am anxious to make sure that everything are in good order. If I could do that without troubling anyone (i.e. to contact SLT myself), I would.

Yep. I can read in between the lines based on your response. Hence I stepped in to post my comments before it blown out of proportion. U can rest assured wiz will help u in this regard. I can vouch for him that he's a true gentleman. The problem lies with SLT, not wiz and not you.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

good pickup... as some are saying possibly why cant revert back with this update. not quite enabled though it would seem ? anways DV no use to me ... so happy to sit out.

muri it has a partial fix for hdmi in ? not sure if you are using, but for those needing maybe worth trying ?

I am kinda interested in getting a UDP 205 but  am wondering about the picture quality.

Can anyone say for sure that the 205 offers better quality than the 203 ?

I ask his because i have seen a technical review comparing the 203 with the Panasonic DMP-UB900 which suggests that the Panasonic is better in every regard.

Thanks, if anyone can answer.

17 minutes ago, Saunter said:

Can anyone say for sure that the 205 offers better quality than the 203 ?

no diference between the two. identical video wise. gains for 205 are on analog audio and this jitter free hdmi for pcm and dsd sources.

Ok, so if i want to maximise picture quality i am better off with the Panasonic.

However if wanted a universal player capable of decent music disk playback the 205 is a good option.

Cheers

Oppo has enabled Dolby Vision with its latest beta firmware.

Nice........ been waiting for this, i have tested some of the Dolby Vision files, doesnt work on the Oppo 203. Only works when plugged directly to the TV's USB port. But not a fan of beta firmware. will wait patiently for the official release, shouldn't be far off.

Just reading this from Flatpanel and Oppo has a beta version for DV which includes the Sharpening Adjustment of the Oppo. Huumm It might be as good as the Panna when it comes to the Sharpening bit. Won't be long before we know if it as Sharp as the Pana or this is another gimmick.

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1496051125

This bit is interesting as it seems DV Movies will get some extra scenes if you have a DV TV If my Scattered Brain reads it correctly

Read Below

Sony Pictures has announced that it’s going to start supporting the advanced Dolby Vision version of high dynamic range (HDR) technology on Ultra HD Blu-ray releases from as early as July.

The first Sony film to get the Dolby Vision 4K Blu-ray treatment will be Resident Evil: Vendetta, which is set to ship on July 18. Including Dolby Vision’s unique layer of dynamic metadata on top of an industry standard HDR10 transfer (which will still play on TVs that don’t support Dolby Vision) means that compatible TVs will receive extra scene by scene instructions tailored to their capabilities to help them continually optimize the way the picture looks.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2017/05/02/sony-pictures-names-and-dates-its-first-dolby-vision-ultra-hd-blu-ray/#1fcb10362b05

receive extra scene by scene instructions tailored to their capabilities to help them continually optimize the way the picture looks

Not extra scenes I Imagine. 

That full phrase is just another way of saying dynamic HDR 

Guest Sime

I just bought the SACD of Brothers in Arms finally, thought owning the 205 would be a great time to finally get it, and I'd have to admit, the DSD two channel sounds way smoother with the Oppo's DAC with XLR than my Remastered CD rip playing on my Node2 with the 2qute. The 5.1 mix is weird after hearing that album in 2 channel all these years. 

1 minute ago, Sime said:

I just bought the SACD of Brothers in Arms finally, thought owning the 205 would be a great time to finally get it, and I'd have to admit, the DSD two channel sounds way smoother with the Oppo's DAC with XLR than my Remastered CD rip playing on my Node2 with the 2qute. The 5.1 mix is weird after hearing that album in 2 channel all these years. 

Good to know.

I have to say I am not surprised though as IME, CD or SACD replay is always better than a rip. I'd be interested to know your thoughts on its red book CD replay quality