Sign in to follow this  
petetherock

Oppo Uhd 4K Player

The other thing I have noticed is that the 203 does not have a Ejection LED light on it to see where the ejection button is in the dark

14 minutes ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

The other thing I have noticed is that the 203 does not have a Ejection LED light on it to see where the ejection button is in the dark

Agreed, guess they expect us to just use the remote eh?

On 23/06/2017 at 0:15 PM, agelessgoodguy said:

Agreed, guess they expect us to just use the remote eh?

My Glass door is closed when using so Me thinks if the Oppo disk opens it will damage the Player as the glass is thick and heavy and the player will lose

On 2017-6-20 at 5:42 PM, Addicted to music said:

http://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/video-player/blu-ray/oppo-udp-205-4k-ultra-hd-audiophile-blu-ray-disc-player-review/

finally we have some distortion plots...

OPPO top of the line players have always measured well.

Anyone else notice that both the hometheaterhifi.com and the http://hometheaterreview.com/ advertise the OPPO 205 on their sites or is it just me with my cookies?

Edited by Seandres

Stop raiding the cookie jar...

My player keeps telling me there is a FW update available.  When I try and update server is unavailable?????

3 minutes ago, blairy1503559527 said:

My player keeps telling me there is a FW update available.  When I try and update server is unavailable?????

I didn't realise there was already another FW update.

You can download it HERE

Then do it via usb.

Just now, blairy1503559527 said:

Yupp, it's up on the interdyne website.  Downloading now

Just make sure you take note of the warning about which FW you're currently on before you try to install this one.

Just now, blairy1503559527 said:

Thanks Kazz.  I'm on 0605 and it won't let me update via internet or usb...

OK well that's weird.  :huh:

updated here no probs straight off the net. i imagine they have incorporated the hdmi handshake fix they sent me a beta for .... heres hoping anyways :D

11 hours ago, al said:

updated here no probs straight off the net. i imagine they have incorporated the hdmi handshake fix they sent me a beta for .... heres hoping anyways :D

I notice ast night our Oppo 203 has HDMI hands shark issues. I notice this as I was testing the Harmony and the Problem I have with the both Oppos turning on and both two have different Codes.

6 minutes ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

I notice ast night our Oppo 203 has HDMI hands shark issues. I notice this as I was testing the Harmony and the Problem I have with the both Oppos turning on and both two have different Codes.

have you done the latest update. as no handshake issue with my pioneer kuro at least. havent checked the projector as yet :)

but if having some issue. even after the update be sure to contact oppo to advise. and dont take any blow offs from oppo devotees blaming all your other gear and harmony and logitech and what not ! 

4 minutes ago, al said:

to contact oppo to advise. and dont take any blow offs from oppo devotees blaming all your other gear and harmony and logitech and what not ! 

I contacted Oppo last night about there issue with the Both of the Opppo's (103d and 203) turning on with different codes numbers

1 minute ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

The last update I did was 10 days ago.( I forgot the Number was it was)

you would need the very latest. I've been running a beta for couple of weeks or so that fixed the handshake issue the last one created. I got all sorts of fob offs from the oppo chorus on avs. contacted oppo locally, had to do some testing of things for them and send them quite a few oppo logs it records and next day they got a fix for me. and its been fine since. I would be very surprised if the fix hasnt come through with this current update. and confirming it has worked fine with the kuro with this update. will confirm with the projector once get enough of a chance to check over.

4 minutes ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

I contacted Oppo last night about there issue with the Both of the Opppo's (103d and 203) turning on with different codes numbers

good to hear !  i would load and run the very latest updates to see if helps you.

one quirk i have found is after an update for the first time....the harmony wont jog the oppo from sleep. have to use the oppo remote. after that... it will work fine to power down and power up again with all other gear. its not a big issue for me. and works reliable past that very first time after an update.

Edited by :) al

7 minutes ago, al said:

.the harmony wont jog the oppo from sleep. have to use the oppo remote. after that... it will work fine to power down and power up again with all other gear. its not a big issue for me. and works reliable past that very first time after an update.

Going Shopping today and I will be back later this arvo. I will updat the Oppo and I will test both oppa again for this problem I have with Code 1 and 2. A tleast we get the handshake issue done now because the TV was doing funny things last night trying to connect.

This issue with both the Oppos i can do with just both of the Original ir controllers. No need the Harmony. If it works with an firmware update with the two original ir controllers it will work with the Harmony

Thanks Al

Edited by Blackman

Lastest relaease for the 203 & 205 was on the 26th of June here's what Oppo say about it....

Comparing to the previous Official release version UDP20X-45-0605, the major changes included in this version are:

1. Added the “Track Type” descriptor when playing an SACD.
  2. Improved HDMI handshake stability when playing Dolby Vision content.
  3. Improved HDMI audio stability when using an HDMI Split A/V connection.
  4. General fixes and disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming UHD Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted samples.

However I can report that both my Oppos set to different channels on the remote still act as one when either remote is used to turn one on or off so that issue remains as before in fact since release of the 203 as far as i can tell and I'm not using a harmony which if some one is looking for one PM me.

Here's the details of the latest FW update for these two Oppo players andd what Oppo say they do.....

Comparing to the previous Official release version UDP20X-45-0605, the major changes included in this version are:

Added the “Track Type” descriptor when playing an SACD.

Improved HDMI handshake stability when playing Dolby Vision content.

Improved HDMI audio stability when using an HDMI Split A/V connection.

General fixes and disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming UHD Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted samples.

10 minutes ago, agelessgoodguy said:

However I can report that both my Oppos set to different channels on the remote still act as one when either remote is used to turn one on or off so that issue remains as before in fact since release of the 203 as far as i can tell and I'm not using a harmony which if some one is looking for one PM me.

I sent a Email to Interdyn about this issue and he repled to me but he tells me that "quote" The gentleman said "but I don't believe that this can be resolved by changing any settings on the device. In fact, I think it would require a change in the way the units are built in order to preserve these settings".

If this is the case It would be the only device that you cannot use independently. I have Multiple Vu satellite Decoder at home, I have 3 Dreamboxes also at home and all have their own CODE number to make them independent and you can program all with different Codes and ALL operate separately.

Can any other member on this forum that has the Oppo 103D or even a 103 and also the Oppo UDP 203 try this and report your findings.

Bman I don't run two oppos but am confused why thus is even an issue going on. Surely you are not alone as oppo user with two units. @Kazz has two units not sure if responded how utilising? 

Isn't the separate code selection yjere exactly for the case where have two units. Ie that clash in remotes ?

49 minutes ago, al said:

Bman I don't run two oppos but am confused why thus is even an issue going on. Surely you are not alone as oppo user with two units. @Kazz has two units not sure if responded how utilising? 

Isn't the separate code selection yjere exactly for the case where have two units. Ie that clash in remotes ?

Yep I am running the 203 and 83 in the same system and previously the 203 and 103d (until I moved the 103d to the bedroom system and 83 to the ht system) I've had one occurrence of the harmony turning on both players but not the Oppo remotes doing the same.  Am not sure what's going on in your system but I suspect it has something to do with the power being switched off when they're not in use.