Sign in to follow this  
petetherock

Oppo Uhd 4K Player

It would seem a complete factory re'call should be the order of the day.  Any other product giving this amount of problems, would be re'called as a matter of urgency. But given Interdyn's history with customer service, don't hold your breath waiting for something to happen from them.

But given the low numbers of Oppo's sold. It would seem the buyers  just sit there like common beggars waiting for some sort of solution to result, which is hardly the way to conduct business or inspire confidence in the product . And then they tell them-selves just how lucky they are to be given a FREE download. When really it's just a case of passing the buck  for the factory's shortcomings  

And it doesn't really matter what went before with other Oppo products, This is a new product. It would also be interested to know just what the return percentage is.  Mind you had it been a Car or Washing machine, they would never had gotten away with it.  And bad publicity would have killed it long ago

Edited by Guest

Hi Steve ,I'm having problems playing 4k blurays with getting audio dropouts normal blu's play fine,are you playing UHDs without audio drop outs?
Cheers Muri

1 hour ago, jutta said:

I don't recall Oppo ever having such a problematic piece of equipment ....... ever.

same here ones have owned previous have just worked. sure theres always things can be improved upon but not been buggy as such :)

31 minutes ago, steveb1503559504 said:

Mine works just fine, don't have a problem.

You must be the only one I think Steve, congrats.

52 minutes ago, jutta said:

You must be the only one I think Steve, congrats.

lets keep in mind hdmi the horrible little monster that it is quite possibly this is an interaction thing as well. i.e. certain equipment combinations with certain discs and such. but fact is these dont seem to bother with other players so maybe a bit of work for oppo to do either with their player on own or hdmi handshakes and such :)

oppo possibly only ones with answers to these ...well hopefully they do :D

Hummmm After this Glowing report.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2017/01/27/oppo-udp-203-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-review-the-return-of-the-king/#45d86f882c82
What the biggest issue with the new Oppo and where its most failing in? compared to the Pana.

Ask real world users Blackman.
Al returned his Oppo as it was unusable with current playback issue and audio dropouts.
The Pana I can't fault and is even being rated as a better picture than the Oppo from any owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, jutta said:

Al returned his Oppo as it was unusable with current playback issue and audio dropouts.
The Pana I can't fault and is even being rated as a better picture than the Oppo from any owners.

Very Interesting!!

WE will buy the TV first , installing it on the wall and cable it and after saving more we will choose the Bly ray player. So in the next 2 to 3 Months I will hear about this more but as it stands the Pana is the Go.

lets keep in mind hdmi the horrible little monster that it is quite possibly this is an interaction thing as well. i.e. certain equipment combinations with certain discs and such. but fact is these dont seem to bother with other players so maybe a bit of work for oppo to do either with their player on own or hdmi handshakes and such [emoji4]
oppo possibly only ones with answers to these ...well hopefully they do [emoji3]

Al I didn't realise you returned your Oppo. Did you go through your dealer or did you have to contact the distributor ?

I will be happy to return my Oppo and get a pana. I still have the 103 and 93 that play Bd fine.

Can't fault the 103D I had and was all ready to purchase the 203 4K player but as it turns out I've made the right decision in the Pana for now.
I've no doubt the 203 will be rock solid. It just should never have been released in what appears now to be a beta form.

What I can't understand is People are spending mega buck on the BIGGEST the LATEREST 4K telle in the US with the Oppo and they are complaining about the playing of DVD.

Cant work that out. It like Spending $100,000 on a HSV and putting retreads on it.

8 minutes ago, franin said:

Al I didn't realise you returned your Oppo. Did you go through your dealer or did you have to contact the distributor ?

Hi frank yes I did direct through the dealer. first thing i have ever returned to them in 30+ years of dealing with them. thank goodness i had their support and day 2 of ownership wiht the problems i had they assured me I wouldnt be left in the lurch with it. and unfortunately got to the point no longer felt wanted to use the thing.

distributor less said the better...

all probably will say passed a volume of info on issues to them. I might as well have written each one on a little post it note and stuck on the back wall of our house so they could float up in the clouds with the wind for the gods to shower down in fixes ....

6 minutes ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

What I can't understand is People are spending mega buck on the BIGGEST the LATEREST 4K telle in the US with the Oppo and they are complaining about the playing of DVD.

Cant work that out. It like Spending $100,000 on a HSV and putting retreads on it.

DVD still has a massive hold of the masses, coles and safeway and all the chains sell it can tell you they wouldnt unless it was still massive volume for them. even me with the latest 4k uhd we still have a lot on dvd. kids stuff, concerts, mini series etc stuff is not and will likely never ever will be on blu-ray or 4k. the hsv analogy is crook. saying you'd buy a HSV and refuse to drive it on anything but the best of roads ... is probably a better analogy. another would be buying a tv and refusing to watch all your favourite stuff or fta for that matter because its worse than 4k ! 

dvd replay via the oppo is better than the pana. pana have been in touch back following me logging the issue and i have sent photos etc that have been passed onto their engineers and i have been passed back with some things to try. whether they come to some improvement there who knows. 

51 minutes ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

they are complaining about the playing of DVD

Yeah I know what you mean Blackman.

But that said it is supposed to play DVD's and many would be wanting the processing/upscaling that the Oppo offers to make their DVD's look like 4K. ;)

JSmith :ninja:

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:50 PM, Blackman1503561291 said:

Well it looks like a Pana now maybe a Oppo 4K went it get sorted. After all Sharpness and colors and contrast is what I'm looking for.

Some other options below if you wait Blackman [ and if you want to future proof with dolby vision for certain models ? ] . Otherwise get the pana ; it hasn't got a new finicky disc drive that has trouble tracking and consequently audio dropouts like the oppo  ;) Oppo should have fine tuned the audio buffer by now you'de hope .. The 900 if its anything like our model will be getting some firmware upgrades from the lower tier models https://recombu.com/digital/article/panasonic-dmp-ub300-vs-ub400-vs-ub700-vs-ub900-4k-blu-ray-player

as a flagship model deserves :)

https://recombu.com/digital/article/best-4k-blu-ray-bluray-players-uhd-ultra-hd

Frankly surprised that the new Sony is so reasonably priced when it was mentioned it was for Cedia installations earlier . its also a universal :)Compatible disc format logos

Edited by cwt

1 minute ago, JSmith said:

Yeah... just no DV. :o

JSmith :ninja:

Yep ; and  upgrading every other component to hdmi 2.1 for when the dynamic version of hdr10 turns up  :P Aaah stop the roundabout :D Good thing dolby vision also contains hdr10 metadata for those who are happy with the picture they have . .

For some reason, I can't seem to find any UHD players anywhere in downtown Brisbane..

Oh well, will go back and try in Sydney... not too much product awareness in the usual places..

10 hours ago, petetherock said:

For some reason, I can't seem to find any UHD players anywhere in downtown Brisbane..

Oh well, will go back and try in Sydney... not too much product awareness in the usual places..

Don't understand?

Are you saying that no JB's the Goodguys and Videopro has no Samsung and UHD Players? or the Oppo 4 K players

11 hours ago, petetherock said:

The good guys have the Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD player in stock, in all three Brisbane stores Lutwytch Mt. Gravatt and Oxley for under $400.

any of these close to you ?

most guys just Uber it if they are in town for a short time. 

I usually use the site and look for those with "Store pick up" availability