Posted (edited)

Yes mate as mention in my post did the standard things after I updated. I had play back issues with BR2049 so I’m trying the beta to see if they have fixed the playback issue I was having. 

Glad your not experiencing any problems. One of the lucky ones. 

Edited by SimonNo10

11 minutes ago, SimonNo10 said:

Yes mate as mention in my post did the standard things after I updated. I had play back issues with BR2049 so I’m trying the beta to see if they have fixed the playback issue I was having. 

Glad your not experiencing any problems. One of the lucky ones. 

am just trying to figure out what the go is, as same player ok. but is it some signal path issue ? what is the rest of your signal path. I know you are using a legacy projector in the jvc, but I down think that should be a hang up. what cable, processor ? what else is in the path ?

I’ve changed nothing other than updating the firmware. I’ve played that disc without issue with my current gear. As mentioned each time Oppo update I find yet another playback issue.

I’ll just send my report to Oppo. Thanks. 

16 minutes ago, SimonNo10 said:

I’ve changed nothing other than updating the firmware. I’ve played that disc without issue with my current gear. As mentioned each time Oppo update I find yet another playback issue.

I’ll just send my report to Oppo. Thanks. 

you have had constant issues though havent you ? hence my question. is there something else ? they will hopefully ask the same question. no question their thing needs to work with all. but its worth understanding what else is in play.

I know wiht my 203 when I had it was a hopeless situation. and that was with current jvc and current marantz av processor and no problems at all with any of the other players I had in the pana and sammy uhd disc spinners. I know they had issues with the intermingling equipment. and have no doubt they did some work to rectify. At one stage they said they were getting a jvc projector in for testing. I know as i was in comms with both au and us contacts at oppo. that said I was happy to sit it out till they got sorted and to their credit they did by the time the 205 came out and :) even with my legacy gear like the kuro :)

its not a walk in the park the uhd thing. the might of microsoft hasnt quite got things sorted with the xbox oneX that isnt seamless in handshakes etc. though i must check maybe they have resolved with latest updates :)

Just a quick question, i I have updated to the new beta firmware, is it possible to roll the firmware back to the previous version??

42 minutes ago, p.laver said:

Just a quick question, i I have updated to the new beta firmware, is it possible to roll the firmware back to the previous version??

Sorry to say it's not possible. They specifically say you cannot roll back to an earlier version on the beta firmware download page.

1 hour ago, :) al said:

you have had constant issues though havent you ? hence my question. is there something else ? they will hopefully ask the same question. no question their thing needs to work with all. but its worth understanding what else is in play.

I know wiht my 203 when I had it was a hopeless situation. and that was with current jvc and current marantz av processor and no problems at all with any of the other players I had in the pana and sammy uhd disc spinners. I know they had issues with the intermingling equipment. and have no doubt they did some work to rectify. At one stage they said they were getting a jvc projector in for testing. I know as i was in comms with both au and us contacts at oppo. that said I was happy to sit it out till they got sorted and to their credit they did by the time the 205 came out and :) even with my legacy gear like the kuro :)

its not a walk in the park the uhd thing. the might of microsoft hasnt quite got things sorted with the xbox oneX that isnt seamless in handshakes etc. though i must check maybe they have resolved with latest updates :)

I've had issues after updating firmware. BR2049 worked fine until their official FW came out then the problem started. After submitting the data of the error they have released this Beta firmware so that's why I installed it to test. I will test BR2049 tonight but now a playback issue with DWH. I guess if it wasn't for users like myself installing Beta FW then Oppo wouldnt be able to release and improve official FW releases.  Got to take one for the HT community :thumb:

Has anyone updated to the new official UDP20XAU-60-0224 firmware and had any problems?

Personally as a projector user all the Dolby Vision add-ons mean nothing to me. 

There are however "General fixes and Disc Compatibility improvements".

Now being an official OPPO release ( maybe the last :fear: ) it shouldn't present any problems, but at the moment I'm taking the attitude "if it ain't broke, don't touch it".

If it had something to do with the colour saturation fix for their Tone Mapping I'd be all over it.

Not sure how long I can keep hitting "N" when the damn thing keeps asking if I want to update the firmware.:lol:

1 hour ago, IMDave said:

Has anyone updated to the new official UDP20XAU-60-0224 firmware and had any problems?

Now being an official OPPO release ( maybe the last :fear: ) it shouldn't present any problems, but at the moment I'm taking the attitude "if it ain't broke, don't touch it".

If it had something to do with the colour saturation fix for their Tone Mapping I'd be all over it.

Not sure how long I can keep hitting "N" when the damn thing keeps asking if I want to update the firmware.:lol:

doing it now 😛

2 minutes ago, :) al said:

doing it now 😛

I'll check back with you in a couple of days. 😁

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, IMDave said:

Yes and no problems.

The only problem with the beta for me was that the Oppo info displayed incorrect output when playing DV. That's been fixed in the official release.

Edited by duke
Typo

7 hours ago, IMDave said:

Always give that ethernet cable a good yank :whistle: :) Recommended for bd iso firmwares and the like :blush:

Posted (edited)
On 04/07/2018 at 7:58 PM, IMDave said:

I did have a problem but only when I was doing the firmware update itself.

The machine got stuck in what I call "PREPARING" (as shown on the front panel display)

I gave up looking for help online and left the machine on overnight and sent emails/job tickets the next day to whoever allowed me to.

Eventually Interdyn told me that since it had not started writing the file to memory I could just power it off and back on to start the process again.

In the end I don't have a Sony panel and won't ever get sucked into MQA so the potential grief of a bricked 205 was not worth updating the firmware in the end, except for being ready for the next (hopefully) relevant update.

I did backup my back up my settings to a USB drive before resetting to factory defaults, then uploaded my settings to get it back to normal.

Have had no issues thus far.

Edited by Tangerine

On 04/07/2018 at 7:58 PM, IMDave said:

I update with the Beta and then discovered I had number of issues with 4K playback at the time I thought it was player. I waited for the final firmware release and updated last night and the issues got worse!!!

Today I found and fixed the fix the issue it was the new cable and connectors I bought and sured they were all super high speed and 4K!!!! The moral of this story is don't believe all 4K 18GB cables and connectors are 4K 18GB cables etc cos they aren't.  

Here’s some measurements made on the OPPO205 on the audio 2 channel.  The headphone jack isn’t the best with the worst output impedance but in saying that for measurement on the 2 channel it goes to show that the implementation of the ESS 9038pro Chip is really strutting it’s superiority in the measurement dept.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-oppo-udp-205-uhd-player.3660/

19 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

Here’s some measurements made on the OPPO205 on the audio 2 channel.  The headphone jack isn’t the best with the worst output impedance but in saying that for measurement on the 2 channel it goes to show that the implementation of the ESS 9038pro Chip is really strutting it’s superiority in the measurement dept.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-oppo-udp-205-uhd-player.3660/

excuse my lack of knowledge in this but i have the 205 (recently bought it for the audio 2ch benifits) and am wondering, this review stipulates its regard to the USB and DAC capability using balanced cables.

If using non balanced cables and playing a CD instead of music via USB is the same DAC being used? ie, should the findings be similar with a potential exception to the balanced vs unbalanced cables?

Latest FW update notification came through the other night. I had been watching BDs but noticed that the FW had added DV stuff.

Nothing of use for me.

Then I load a UHD disc and I see this white line on the left side of the image. Only for HDR-10, not Dolby Vision discs.

Anyone else got this issue? cf3a5e13191e2d3e21fa8dd1a4b79375.jpgbdd0b33c30f9ae2ff82574badd207956.jpg

4 minutes ago, CAVX said:

Latest FW update notification came through the other night. I had been watching BDs but noticed that the FW had added DV stuff.

sorry havent noticed this line, and have watched a few things post the update,

including recently watched a blu-ray last night "breathe" and uhd night before of zero dark thirty. and I also watched the start (first 30min) of den of thieves blu-ray .... much come back to that :)

is it some compatibility issue ? might be worth raising with oppo digital local so they can follow up. you shoudkl attach the photo pics to illustrate what you are seeing :)

15 minutes ago, :) al said:

is it some compatibility issue ? might be worth raising with oppo digital local so they can follow up. you shoudkl attach the photo pics to illustrate what you are seeing :)

Is OPPO Digital through Interdyne or OPPO direct?

There used to be an email automatically generated with the phone App for the 103D.  If the App glitched at all, the email prompt would come up and they sorted my last issue pretty fast.  I have never used the 203 App.  

Just now, CAVX said:

Is OPPO Digital through Interdyne or OPPO direct?

There used to be an email automatically generated with the phone App for the 103D.  If the App glitched at all, the email prompt would come up and they sorted my last issue pretty fast.  I have never used the 203 App.  

oppo digital local which is interdyn, just create a ticket here, they follow up pretty well I have found

http://support.interdyn.com.au/support/solutions/folders/4000020612

they might even ask you to create an error log via usb they pass onto support engineers to rectify :)

oppo digital local which is interdyn, just create a ticket here, they follow up pretty well I have found http://support.interdyn.com.au/support/solutions/folders/4000020612

they might even ask you to create an error log via usb they pass onto support engineers to rectify

Thanks, on to it now.  

It says latest FW is UDP20XAU-60-0224 as of July 3.  

Yet mine is 20XAU-60-06252 and I am sure it came through July 9.  3567fc5e5d68192090a21cabc5a6104a.jpg

10 minutes ago, CAVX said:

It says latest FW is UDP20XAU-60-0224 as of July 3.  

Yet mine is 20XAU-60-06252 and I am sure it came through July 9.  

might be a typo on the website, mine is showing same as yours 

20XAU-60-0625 :)

and can see in thread above when I downloaded it :)

Ticket has been submitted.  

Update

Ticket has been submitted.  
OPPO have given me a task of creating a log and saving it to USB. I have done what they have asked and send off the saved file. I do hope that they can find an answer to this.

In the meantime, I found that I can convert HDR-10 to Dolby Vision and the line is gone.

The problem here is that I get a message on screen stating that user controls can not be used with Dolby vision content. This includes the 21:9 mode. Lucky for me, my projector scales DV, so all good for now. 201b08eb012a30250ea752357535af1e.jpg