Oppo UHD 4K Owners & Discussion Thread

I have Oppo 105 And XLR is much better than RCA . I know other on here have made comments there is no difference but the sabre Dac 9018 and 9038 output balanced from the dac.

these are 8 channel dac but have 2 dacs per channel 1 for hot 1 for cold plus earth or shield this is full differential balanced . Single  ended RCA only 1 of the 2dacs one acts as earth.

To get the best sound quality out of the Oppo's is to use Hdd or network streaming .

DO NOT use it as a disc spinner as the laser  is meant for BLU-RAY ,SACD and not for red book CD .

Peter

Edited by gonefishing999
  • Like 1

Guest Sime
16 minutes ago, gonefishing999 said:

DO NOT use it as a disc spinner as the laser  is meant for BLU-RAY ,SACD and not for red book CD.

Peter

this dosnt sound right, all blu-ray players have dual lasers, one for blu, the other for everything else. 

47 minutes ago, gonefishing999 said:

DO NOT use it as a disc spinner as the laser  is meant for BLU-RAY ,SACD and not for red book CD.

That's a bummer, my main use would be DAC and CD, all my bluray are on nas drive. Oh well back to the drawing board.

8 minutes ago, powerav said:

That's a bummer, my main use would be DAC and CD, all my bluray are on nas drive. Oh well back to the drawing board.

No need for concern, as per the Oppo website, this player can play anything

https://www.oppodigital.com.au/products/oppo-udp-205-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-black

That mention of not supporting CD replay is pure bollocks

Just scroll down to almost the bottom of the page under the heading "Diversified Media Support "

Edit: it is even mentioned at the top of the overview page just above "where to buy" and the price

Edited by rantan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gonefishing999 said:

Peter

@powerav

We all make mistakes but there it is in black and white

@gonefishing999

No problem mate. It was never my intention to offend.:thumb:

However you did post that the 205 should not be used for cd playback and the main reason I posted from the website was to allay the concerns of prospective buyers

Edit: I understand that you won't be using it for CD replay ,as is your right. You could use it as a door stopper and being yours you can use it as you see fit. Just about all others will want CD replay and it is important that they are aware of this device's capabilities

Edited by rantan

Guest Sime
4 minutes ago, gonefishing999 said:

Well I have not since going to Hdd I will not use it for playing CD's

Can you please explain why?

4 minutes ago, gonefishing999 said:

@rantan I was not referring to what media the 205 can play .

I said I have a 105 and just share what I know about getting the best out of Oppo's.

You have a 105,which is entirely different to the 205 and  in fact, the 205 is optimised for music replay and will be far better on music replay than yours. This is also the big difference between the two

You do whatever you want, but its best not to provide confusing information for those people considering a purchase

Edited by rantan

Guest Sime

@gonefishing999 but, you made mention of the laser assembly and you stated in capitals, not to play cd's. this tells anyone who reads it, like I did, that cds were going to damage the laser assembly. I didn't believe it, simply because it's bollocks, but I wanted to know how you would come up with such an idea. 

Now if if the player sounds terrible with cd's, that's another matter. But in this situation, it doesn't. 

1 minute ago, gonefishing999 said:

@Sime  JUST TRY IT!!!!!

and post your results please .

I have been using Oppo's since March  2011 after trying Hdd  instead of CDs I will never go back .

Good for you

Have you been using a current model 205 since 2011 or ever?

Answer=no

Guest Sime
1 minute ago, gonefishing999 said:

@Sime  JUST TRY IT!!!!!

and post your results please .

I have been using Oppo's since March  2011 after trying Hdd  instead of CDs I will never go back .

I have, multiple times, please enlighten me as to what I was supposed to hear!

Just now, gonefishing999 said:

@Sime @rantan No more comments. Pair of trolls get a life

Telling prospective buyers that posted information is clearly in correct is not trolling but making baseless claims and touting your opinion as superior could be taken as trolling.

Take a chill pill and play some music via your HDD