Oppo UHD 4K Owners & Discussion Thread

u know y? its because, when u google search, "Hardware Hack or Crack on Oppo 203"

my thread comes out 1st!!!!

Worldwide bro!!!!

nobody dared... it was a singaporean who dared!

so anyone comes to xtremeplace from all over the world because i dared to do a crack on my personal set!

not the big ass stores sellers or distributers!!!

a loner in singapore did it.

;D

The extras video gives the lead personalities a chance to each talk about their parts in the film for about 15 mins each during their commentary one sees different filming being done at a distance so one sees the action behind the scenes as well as the props used etc.

u know y? its because, when u google search, "Hardware Hack or Crack on Oppo 203"

Worldwide bro!!!!

so anyone comes to xtremeplace from all over the world because i dared to do a crack on my personal set!

;D

Do you means other singaporean has no gut except you?i just curious.

Worldwide bro!!!!

;D

Haha.

Give da man a Tiger.  ;D

If anyone gets a JB to work on the newer US firmware, feel free to PM me.  I haven't heard back from any JB makers I could find on the web so it may not be possible but I'm still hopeful.

Seems like currently US models are stuck with 1209 FW.

EU and CN models probably can get newer JB FW updates..

Sent from my Game Boy Advance 32gb 4GLTE/WiFi using Tapatalk

Seems like currently US models are stuck with 1209 FW.

EU and CN models probably can get newer JB FW updates..

Oh NNo  :( :( :(

Was really looking forward with the JB for 0222 version. Anyway, 0222 version still have stuttering issues, especially when playing the test atmos scenes, helicopter etc....

Have fun with your warranty this weekend. Hope it's all good.

Well, i doubt there'll be a need for it. But thank you very much anyways.

You have a pleasant weekend too and may whatever warranties you may or may not have keep you happy.

Well, i doubt there'll be a need for it. But thank you very much anyways.

You have a pleasant weekend too and may whatever warranties you may or may not have keep you happy.

Good to my optimistic but better let the facts speak for itself. Glad to keep away from all these till the dust settles and enjoy a peaceful weekend.

Have a happy weekend to all.

Will be fun if the disk won't get stuck inside like some folks here experience.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Considering the large number of unaffected world wide users versus stuck disc users, I think there's a bit of fear mongering by people who seem to dislike the Oppo.

I think our forum does not suppress anyone (well except anyone who likes our government..) so when it comes to hifi, take each post with objectivity, and decide for yourself.

IMO, 4k players are a new item, so there will be issues. Even with the Samsung and Panny there are also issues. Just that locally we do not have a large user base, and the Oppo probably has more users.

Ultimately if the 203 proves to be unreliable, you can bet that the fallout will be great, and Oppo is no fool. If they don't fix the issues, then they will be kaput.

So YMMV bro, cheers :)

Considering the large number of unaffected world wide users versus stuck disc users, I think there's a bit of fear mongering by people who seem to dislike the Oppo.

I think our forum does not suppress anyone (well except anyone who likes our government..) so when it comes to hifi, take each post with objectivity, and decide for yourself.

IMO, 4k players are a new item, so there will be issues. Even with the Samsung and Panny there are also issues. Just that locally we do not have a large user base, and the Oppo probably has more users.

Ultimately if the 203 proves to be unreliable, you can bet that the fallout will be great, and Oppo is no fool. If they don't fix the issues, then they will be kaput.

Agreed bro Pete, being still in its infancy, better to wait and see how it develops into. As it is, the Multi-Region Coding issue has still not be officially launch yet (or is there one?) and now the stuck disc surfaces and thats just the tip of the iceberg as more and more starts to surface later, not to mention the 205 is still a WIP (Work-In-Progress), without a confirmed launch date yet and wandering what's going to happen next.

So those who bought it now better be prepared and keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best whether with or without warranty. Just sharing my view, tat's all.

Hi,

From  where did you bought yor new oppo?

As far as I understand only the EU version can be unlocked at the moment

Can someone verify  that the jailbreak

This is the last message from the web for the EU models:

We will send you a link to download the current jailbreak firmware along with your jailbreak file. When new firmware is released we will also list it here.

News Update 23/03/17 - We decide to delay to release the 38-0222 version jailbreak firmware as some website steal and plagiarize our solution without any permission. They cheat the customers and leave us a massively legal issue. We can promise we will be the first and the only website can release the new firmware, but we cannot release it until we sort these legal problems out. Sorry for the inconvenience they caused.

33-1229 (Current version) Please make sure your current firmware is 33-1229 version

Right click and save the firmware file to the USB stick with your jailbreak file.

Aviv

Well have spent the afternoon at @muriwai's place and think we may have cracked the issue of the audio and picture skipping with the Oppo......

Isolation is the key.

With the subs turned up is where the problems start.

With two layers of soft rubber blocks (one layer was not enough) the Oppo will play through happily without skipping. :thumb:

IMG_2910.thumb.JPG.4c9508678d27e08e989e6ac18185ce52.JPG

+1 agree with Pete. I don't have disc tray issues, but minor  stuttering issues when playing normal bluray, only on some disc. I have all the confidence in this Oppo 203, it's there to stay as an integral part of my set up. Simple, it has all the high quality components, hdmi 2.0a, HDR, Atmos 4k separate analog outs, firmware issues can be sorted out, customer service and local support is excellent, I wouldn't trade my oppo 203 for any other 4k players in the market now....ill patiently wait for fixes in subsequent upgrades...

Marty... I wish that was the issue and solves, and something oppo suggested to me a long while back but no gremlins would appear even regardless of audio. Goodfellas the movie on uhd was classic example, have posted further back. Even volume turned down to nothing it was doing its mischief !!! And much of its mischief was non repeatable completely random. Which was all the more frustrating about it.

very unfortunately for oppo too many firsts with this player. A home cooked transport home cooked error correction. A complete home cooked basis and chipset unlike others Panasonic /Samsung that use the same as they have used in their uhd TVs.

as a note when had the oppo I first had the cheap as chips box mover tin can casing sammy sitting ON my subwoofer and then followed with the pana uhd that also resided on my subwoofer. Neither skipped picture or sound giving the oppo the big finger and if anything I'd expect them to be doing all that and they never did.

infact to this day neither the less substantially built pana or even less substantially built sammy prior ever skipped a beat and no matter how much I try to bring the house down with my two 15" long throw subs and some 4kw at peak behind them.

at end I hope they can sort things. Their 205 was due in march obviously delayed with still issues with the 203. Hope oppo get there and hope they can have the 205 faultless. Because I did like the oppo and I'll have one again if it can just play discs as it should !