Oppo UHD 4K Owners & Discussion Thread

I am not sure if this is a translation issue or an unknown idiom but if any knows how to downgrade the firmware on the 203 I'd love the information.

Have u tried email the person who sold you the jb encryption file. They might be able to assist u.?

Remember if you JB, never install newer official release version.

U can only (at your own risk) install one version newer public beta. So that you can still revert back to one lower version.

If no one can assist, then just have to be patient and wait for a newer version JB firmware. If it even happens..

Sent from my Game Boy Advance 32gb 4GLTE/WiFi using Tapatalk

Just checked with SLT. As of today, they have issued out all the receipts to those on the MO list by snail mail. Check your letter box tmr or the next. Let's close this chapter and move on...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Have u tried email the person who sold you the jb encryption file. They might be able to assist u.?

Remember if you JB, never install newer official release version.

U can only (at your own risk) install one version newer public beta. So that you can still revert back to one lower version.

If no one can assist, then just have to be patient and wait for a newer version JB firmware. If it even happens..

Thanks - haven't heard back from them yet.  I can wait - I'm new to JB for oppo so live and learn.

Just checked with SLT. As of today, they have issued out all the receipts to those on the MO list by snail mail. Check your letter box tmr or the next. Let's close this chapter and move on...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

yeah i just got my receipt/invoice by post.

Interesting Pete ; no mention of a power supply switchout or new low jitter masterclocking like most mods ; look forward to reading your thoughts :)

With our kit, supplied PLiXiR Elementa DC cable and custom wiring, the cable is shielded all the way to the DC input connector to the Singxer SU-1 board.  This is unlike a typical DC cable whereby the shielding to the cable typically stops at the inlet to the unit and internal Cables uses unshielded cables.

Some basic info on this hotrod:

Sound Affairs Signature Mod OPPO 203

This info is from the dealer, will post my comments once I can get it through it's paces..

Sound Affairs Ultima Femto clock installation using custom Crystek True certified Femto oscillator.  To replace the stock generic crystek.  This lower jitter on all aspect on the player, including the HDMI video / HDMI Audio and analog audio outputs. 
Power supply upgrades with Ultra low impedance capacitors, FRED diodes and a swiss made fuse.  This lowers down the noise floor for the player, improving all aspects of the player's performance. 
Furutech rodium IEC inlet. 

Compare to stock, for video, the contrast is better and color fullness is better too (you may need to adjust the color on the modded unit).  Picture quality should be smoother and there should be more image depth.

For HDMI audio, there should be lower noise floor and more details.  Same for the analog audio output, thought that is not my focus for the Oppo 203 Mods.  The HDMI audio and video are.  

203 mod is a very very good digital video / audio transport.  

52 minutes ago, petetherock said:

Some basic info on this hotrod:

Sound Affairs Signature Mod OPPO 203

This info is from the dealer, will post my comments once I can get it through it's paces..

Compare to stock, for video, the contrast is better and color fullness is better too (you may need to adjust the color on the modded unit).  Picture quality should be smoother and there should be more image depth.

Sorry...VERY sceptical of this!!! 

2 hours ago, petetherock said:

Sound Affairs Ultima Femto clock installation using custom Crystek True certified Femto oscillator.  To replace the stock generic crystek.  This lower jitter on all aspect on the player, including the HDMI video / HDMI Audio and analog audio outputs. 
Power supply upgrades with Ultra low impedance capacitors, FRED diodes and a swiss made fuse.  This lowers down the noise floor for the player, improving all aspects of the player's performance. 
Furutech rodium IEC inlet. 

For HDMI audio, there should be lower noise floor and more details.  Same for the analog audio output, thought that is not my focus for the Oppo 203 Mods.  The HDMI audio and video are.  

203 mod is a very very good digital video / audio transport.  

Petetherock, in my opinion these sorts of modifications are most unlikely to improve the audible quality of the sound or the visible quality of the picture; and any slight differences as may arise from changing the oscillator crystal or power supply capacitors would likely be very hard to measure with test instruments. Personally I would trust that Oppo have incorporated a sufficiently stable oscillator, and a sufficiently provisioned power supply, and not bother for a moment to investigate what I consider to be grossly implausible claims made in relation to modifications. 

However, how you plan to "get through it's paces" intrigues me. May I ask, what comparison methodology were you planning to use?

Edited by MLXXX

Well, it will be a rigorous test with many segments, or  I will simply put it into my current system and use it!

:P

I am no test centre, neither am I a dealer, so I am just going to enjoy it and see if it work well and makes a difference. Been using my Laser BD 3000 for weeks now, having put my Oppo aside for a while..

Edited by petetherock

Hi all,

Thought of getting the oppo 203, just a few questions;

1) My 4k LG does not have HDR. Does this makes any difference?

2) What about files play back from NAS? Any issues with file type?

Thanks

Most importantly is does your LG support hdcp 2.2? Some older TVs only has hdmi 1.4 ports thus limiting to only 4K/30fps.

Don't support rmvb files..

Most importantly is does your LG support hdcp 2.2? Some older TVs only has hdmi 1.4 ports thus limiting to only 4K/30fps.

Don't support rmvb files..

yes it does support HCDP 2.2.

yes it does support HCDP 2.2.

U might wanna go over AVS to read up on your TV model to see if there are settings to optimise with oppo 203 on the back lighting/ brightness/ black levels.

might be considering selling my under use 203. looking to get something else.

so far i have not updated any firmware. so shld be still good for those looking to JB.

FYI,all oppo jailbreak has been freeze, only china set able to jailbreak now, including version 1209.

Ummmm I've also just brought a new 203 Oppo, It upgraded immediately it was powered up becuase it had an ethernet connection connected. About to play first UHD title to see what gives so to speak.  But the first issue I've found already hasn't been discussed here yet. As I already have a running Oppo 105 and I didn't want to have one remote firing up two Oppo's I set the 203's remote to use code 2 in the remote's battery compatment, but the 203 doesn't respond at all to those codes, so I set it to code 3 instead, yes it sort of worked, now I can still fire up two Oppo's sucessfully even if I don't want too. Maybe I'll try changing the 105 to another code and see if that works instead.

Don't you just love all these "hairy-fairy" discription of what a modification consists of.  In reality it's food for the gullable.  Presumable "Fred" makes all his  own Diodes, No doubt in a shed on the north side of the mountain, attended by nubile virgins, who keep him supplied with Coffee.. Not forgetting the "Swiss made fuse" which is probably  produced in a Swiss watch factory, when everyone else is out to lunch.  Which are probably some of these at 100 bucks a throw.  https://thecableco.com/Product/Supreme-Large--6-3x32mm--Slow-Blow--T--Type

As I said food for the gullable.

So tell us, have you compared the modified modal with a bog standard model,  And far more importantly what was the cost. Both  Modwright  and New Force have 103 &105 modified versions. One with genuine  silver cable internal wiring. Which probably only effects the weight in your wallet.

I'm sorry, but I'm only asking what everyone else is thinking