Oppo UHD 4K Owners & Discussion Thread

i skip the beta firmwares, they are betas because it is not fully ready, still in testing phase. Best wait for the official version.

The Public Beta's are actually release candidates, the Beta testing has already been done and these are the final test to make sure it works like it should.

The Last 2 Public Betas have been gone on to become the Official release version's.

Remember you can downgrade a beta to previous official release so there is no reason not to use them unless you have JB.

i skip the beta firmwares, they are betas because it is not fully ready, still in testing phase. Best wait for the official version.

I'm a 1st time Oppo BR player owner.

And for almost of my all other hardware, I always use official FW. (except Asus router, I only use John Fork or Merlin's)

But strangely for 203, personally I feel safer to use beta as I can always revert back to previous version. Should thing happen.

Currently I'm on the close beta 0122b.

Seems to solve my audio and 3D issues.

Will try the 0215b shortly to see if handshake issue improves.

Sent from my Game Boy Advance 32gb 4GLTE/WiFi using Tapatalk

If you are not using any JB firmware, I will encourage everyone to try out the public beta released by Oppo for its buray players. More often than not, they are very stable. Based on Oppo's past track records, very seldom there are any hiccups or major revision/changes being made to the public beta. Noticed that it is NOT ALPHA but beta.

Of course, if you want to be more cautious, you can always wait for the official release.

• Volunteer
43 minutes ago, mikeray said:

I see that someone on the AVS Forums has posted a link to the latest Aus Beta.

http://oppodownloads.s3.amazonaws.co...%20Version.zip

UDP 20XAU-38-0215B

I looked all day for this to pop up on the Oppo Digital Aus/ Interdyn site to no avail. Still not there.

Hoping for better times with this release.

Regards

Michael M

It's there, just a little hidden.

Go to the Interdyn support page http://support.interdyn.com.au/support/solutions

The either click on the UDP-203 heading or at the bottom of the list under the UDP-203 heading where it says "see all 8 articles"

It's then the last in the list on that page.

Very counter intuitive setup.  :o

Hi everybody.

Just want to let all the UDP-203 owners that I'm using the jb firmware from BD-MOD and it works great! I now have full ISO and BD folder support and cinavia is also fixed. Only issue I'm having is that I'm stuck with version 1209 as 1229 is not working yet.

I am in contact with BD-MOD for a fix and as soon as it becomes available I will let everyone know.

So if you are looking for a great JB firmware for your UDP-203 look no further and go with BD-MOD!

If you have questions I'll gladly answer them in PM

Hi everybody.

Just want to let all the UDP-203 owners that I'm using the jb firmware from BD-MOD and it works great! I now have full ISO and BD folder support and cinavia is also fixed. Only issue I'm having is that I'm stuck with version 1209 as 1229 is not working yet.

I am in contact with BD-MOD for a fix and as soon as it becomes available I will let everyone know.

So if you are looking for a great JB firmware for your UDP-203 look no further and go with BD-MOD!

If you have questions I'll gladly answer them in PM

Not true...the JB version for 1229 has already been released since last last week. I have been using it. Do a search for it. If you already have the encrypt.dat file. All you need is the updated version of the .bin file to replace and then perform an upgrade.

Not true...the JB version for 1229 has already been released since last last week. I have been using it. Do a search for it. If you already have the encrypt.dat file. All you need is the updated version of the .bin file to replace and then perform an upgrade.

If it's working for you then you are lucky cause I have tried multiple times with no success and had to revert back to 1219.

New Firmware Update

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-203/UDP203-firmware-38-0222.aspx

Release date: February 27, 2017.

Category: Latest Official Release

Main Version: UDP20X-38-0222

Loader Version: TF0029

MCU Version: MCU203-01-1118

Release Notes:

This release is for the OPPO UDP-203 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc Player.

Special Notice:

Once this firmware version is installed on the player, you will not be able to revert back to any previous official or public beta firmware. There will be no problem upgrading to any future official or beta firmware release.

Comparing to the current Official release version UDP20X-33-1229, the major changes included in this version are:

Added the "Target Luminance" setting under HDR Settings to allow tweaking of the HDR to SDR conversion.

Added the RS-232 command "QHS" for querying the HDR playback status.

Added support for the HEVC 6.0 and 6.1 profile levels.

Improved the experimental "Strip Metadata" feature.

Improved stability when playing music from DLNA servers.

Improved compatibility with exFAT formatted hard drives over 2TB in capacity.

Resolved a stuttering playback issue with 3D titles.

Resolved an audio dropout issue with UHD title "Deepwater Horizon".

Resolved a playback issue with UHD title “Star Trek Into Darkness”.

Revised the VFD text during a firmware upgrade that allows customers to upgrade the firmware without connecting a display.

Resolved a black screen issue when streaming 4K content via the player's HDMI In port from Roku and other 4K streaming devices.

General disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming UHD Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.

All features of the previous firmware are also included in this version.