Hatlesschimp's Atmos Vortex Theater

Im just about to start the Front Wall build. Just finished the speakers today. Chipping away at slowly everyday. Cant believe how many hours I've put into the room so far from pre wire to now etc. Its fun though [emoji3] There is a back log of videos I will upload on all this to my youtube channel sometime soon.
16c25d81f849bd9c6bab85a8a7a7eadd.jpgfbbf5149d8c13edbbc0655d9e67ed078.jpga8aaeb47c683945906874f0ed5bc9580.jpg53ec0c19cc0bbf89149056dd0c297370.jpgc15dc1c7b3d0fbc271847b0490b129e2.jpge80f03bbb93acd3669fa85ef3728e446.jpg5405c11752e13e635e54a02eea21c205.jpg

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Just finished viewing this thread. Some awesome pics in here and loved seeing your progress.
My own house is being built now, and we're up to installing insulation in the walls and roof.

Thanks mate. Yeah It feels like yesterday I was messing with insulation and cables. Its all been well worth it. I just watched Hacksaw Ridge in 4k with Dolby Atmos and was blown away!

Looks good man. I tried out those seats in Harvey Norman. Very comfy.

How's the blind? Any light leakage?

The blinds do an ok job. They look not bad but they are just a stop gap at the moment. Only time light is an issue is if it suddenly gets bright outside because a cloud moves.
Yeah the seats were from HN. Not bad quality for the price 2100. I really wanted another brand that was genuine leather and even had refrigerated cup holders amd was also a true 3 seater or 4 seater, well it was fully modular. But once again this will do. Only thing is my daughter loves the seats and cant help but test the electric recline mechanism a million times during a movie lol. I tell her to stop and she says sorry then 2 minutes later she does it again lol. Cheeky bugger. I will be happy if it last 2 years. Im not sure if it will. The middle partition stays down all the time and thats tge primo seat lol. Also it should have had a padded arm rest on the drop down section, my elbow slips off time to time. Amd also dont drop your phone down the side or youll be flipping the seat back to find your phone. I like the lights in the head rest but they are a little awkward to get to but handy when you have a bowl of food on ya lap. The USB ports dont charge any of my phones or tablets, heck even the ps4 controllers just get enough to stay powered but no charge evn though it says they are charging on the ps4 side pop menu. The arm rests are great for storing the ps4 controllers and 3d glasses etc. Generally I leave the remotes in the middle section and I have a wireless camera tablet setup that I leave plugged in charging via 240v and it allows me to see and hear whats happening in the kids rooms, hallway and front door. I have another 8 camera system to setup but may only go 6 of the 8 cameras, im just not to enthusiastic to get in the roof space whilst its hot. I got up there the other day to check something and swear I lost 5kg in 5 minutes.
Anyways started watching BILLY Lynns halftime walk and got only 5 mins 33 seconds into it and pulled the plug on it. Acting was bad, script, filming also and to top it off it was in 16:9 aspect ratio. So I will have to flog it off. Im going to sell like 400 blu rays soon. I have too many! Maybe 800 including TV series and about 17 4k UHD.

16 hours ago, Hatlesschimp said:

The blinds do an ok job. They look not bad but they are just a stop gap at the moment. Only time light is an issue is if it suddenly gets bright outside because a cloud moves.
Yeah the seats were from HN. Not bad quality for the price 2100. I really wanted another brand that was genuine leather and even had refrigerated cup holders amd was also a true 3 seater or 4 seater, well it was fully modular. But once again this will do. Only thing is my daughter loves the seats and cant help but test the electric recline mechanism a million times during a movie lol. I tell her to stop and she says sorry then 2 minutes later she does it again lol. Cheeky bugger. I will be happy if it last 2 years. Im not sure if it will. The middle partition stays down all the time and thats tge primo seat lol. Also it should have had a padded arm rest on the drop down section, my elbow slips off time to time. Amd also dont drop your phone down the side or youll be flipping the seat back to find your phone. I like the lights in the head rest but they are a little awkward to get to but handy when you have a bowl of food on ya lap. The USB ports dont charge any of my phones or tablets, heck even the ps4 controllers just get enough to stay powered but no charge evn though it says they are charging on the ps4 side pop menu. The arm rests are great for storing the ps4 controllers and 3d glasses etc. Generally I leave the remotes in the middle section and I have a wireless camera tablet setup that I leave plugged in charging via 240v and it allows me to see and hear whats happening in the kids rooms, hallway and front door. I have another 8 camera system to setup but may only go 6 of the 8 cameras, im just not to enthusiastic to get in the roof space whilst its hot. I got up there the other day to check something and swear I lost 5kg in 5 minutes.
Anyways started watching BILLY Lynns halftime walk and got only 5 mins 33 seconds into it and pulled the plug on it. Acting was bad, script, filming also and to top it off it was in 16:9 aspect ratio. So I will have to flog it off. Im going to sell like 400 blu rays soon. I have too many! Maybe 800 including TV series and about 17 4k UHD.

What have you got planned for a permanent solution? I haven't started building yet, but I'm thinking about this stuff ahead of time so I know what I want to do. I had thought about making a panel out of MDF filled with insulation/foam the size of the window cavity and cover it in black fabric and shove it in there. Besides light, I'm also concerned about sound leakage through the window, so I figured this would stop that as well as block out the light.

Yeah the seats are pretty cheap. I didn't mind that it was non-leather, but I really wanted a proper 3 seater with arm rests for each person. The biggest dealbreaker for me was that middle section. As you said, no padding for the arm rest, and I personally found it uncomfortable to rest my arm on. Not sure if it's because I'm short lol.

I ended up putting some seats on lay-by from Big Picture People. They were more expensive, but I got them in a row of 4, they are very space efficient and very comfortable.

Sounds like you're even worse than me when it comes to movies. 800 is heaps lol. I thought I was bad at 400! Selling them is difficult though unless you give them away for practically nothing.

• 1 month later...

Spending a year on a build would drive me ****ing nuts, especially with those KEF's sitting there.  How long until we see a completed room?  What acoustic treatment did you end up doing?

• 4 weeks later...
Any updates mate? You still doing 2 full Martys?

Yeah just doing my wifes projects first around the house. The backyard killed me in January with the heat and s--- load of wheelbarrowing and diging. Then had to do do all the internal custom cabinets in the house and now just about completed the front yard. Been busy with work and studying too. Maybe in the next 2 weeks I will start the second sub.

Spending a year on a build would drive me ****ing nuts, especially with those KEF's sitting there.  How long until we see a completed room?  What acoustic treatment did you end up doing?

Got the kefs up and going. I actually made some boxes for them as I could wait for the house to be built. Sounded ok but perfected the box builds a few times and finally got them to what I wanted with great sound. Im sure you could mount them horrible and they would still sound great lol.

a42b32857da977ec77fac5e6e8dbc5dd.jpgdd497bc10954eccec9893a57cd7eb73a.jpga12784b62eff128d67a8d69ea851420b.jpg12805bac0d0f01e5deb4f78424657e45.jpg