Smart Wiring Av System

Looking at smarting wiring with a standard home automation set-up of security, intercom, lights, air-con, paid tv, telephone & internet to a closet size control hub centre hidden away from the living areas for our new home build. I'm now contemplating adding all audio and possibly HT as well.

The missus would love to have all the audio equipment hidden away but i feel i won't get full control of all av equipment through an ipad/controller. There's also the inconvenience of location and extra costs for longer wiring.

What are your thoughts and experiences? Thanks.

Just a suggestion...

if you are looking at a different room, there are IR repeaters you can get that can be wired up from one room to another that can eliminate your fear of lack of control...

if you are considering building a cabinet within the same room to hide all equipment in it, a universal remote with RF module can be suggested, like a Logitech Harmony smart control...

just make sure you equipment have good ventilation...

The missus would love to have all the audio equipment hidden away but i feel i won't get full control of all av equipment through an ipad/controller. There's also the inconvenience of location and extra costs for longer wiring.

For once I agree with a Mrs. Just do what she wants. It can be made to work.

• 2 weeks later...