Sign in to follow this  
Jeffro

Legacy Focus Se Floorstanding Speakers Rrp $16K

For those that may not have heard of Legacy speakers,they are an American high end speaker manufacturer.I believe the only retailer in Australia to sell them is Pymble HiFi but there could be others now..not sure

These speakers of mine are the Focus SE and retailed for $16,000 around 4-5 yrs ago. The current model which is very similar retails at present for $18,000

Firstly the looks.......these are big speakers.Standing 1.4m tall, they will need more than a small bedroom to be placed.Having said that,they performed very very well in my man cave of 5m x 4m.They are finished in a colour known as Black Pearl which is a beautiful high gloss black with flecks of silver-white through it.Basically,they look stunning!!!!

More importantly to most (and me) is the sound quality. These are a 4 way design housing 2 x 12 " woofers EACH as well as 2 x 7"midrange and 2 X tweeters. One could be excused for thinking that the bass would be overblown and out of control. Complete opposite in fact! I have had some fine speakers in my time and these have not only produced the best all round sound quality ,but by far have given the best bass by a mile.Deep,fast and tight controlled bass that is tuneful.

You also will not need the worlds most powerful amp to drive these,unlike some speakers.They have a sensitivity of @94 or 95 so a good quality amp of 75W or more will be fine

To back up what I am telling you,there are many reviews on the net and read for yourself

I will throw in some Acoustic Zen Satori jumper cable which set me back over $200

I am the second owner and the original owner told me he had auditioned many speakers in his search and he had to spend at least $25K to improve on the Legacy's

Please note these weigh @ 85-90 kg EACH

Price is firm at $6500 having already reduced them from $7500

Having trouble with photos but PM me and I will get some to you

Edited by onetoomany

Bloody hell I have heard of these on AVS forum. I would love to hear these speakers as I hear nothing but great things about them on avs. If I had the cash I'd grab these for my lounge room 2ch setup..... But no cash unfortunately lol. Good luck with the sale on a fantastic speaker.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Keith Raufer
      Item: 18” Subwoofers, Dayton UM18, Sealed Black Oak Enclosures.
      Price: $1400 each
      Item Condition: 6 months old
      Reason for selling: Need Room
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: I have 2 Dayton Ultimax UM18 Subwoofers, (subs only, no amp). Finished in a custom 4 cubic feet enclosure, made from 25mm MDF and very heavily braced. The Subs weigh in at just over 50kg each and are wrapped in a black oak veneer. Connections are speakon for simple secure connections.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.
    • By babyccino
      Item: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
      Price: $400
      Item Condition: Used, like new
      Reason for selling: Not using
      Extra Info:

I bought the turntable 11/08/2018 and have played maybe four records on it since. Has one year of manufacturer warranty still remaining. It basically never been moved and to my eye it has no visible wear whatsoever. I also have the original manual and box. I can provide an audio/video sample of it being played for a serious buyer.

Photos:

• By deannepal
      Item: Supra Sword 1.5m Speaker Cables
      Price: $500 per pair
      Item Condition: very good
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info: 1 pair of quality Swedish made Supra Sword 1.5m Speaker cables.
      These are bifolar wound Litz type cables that have a very open, transparent and detailed sound.
      These are in very good condition except for some minor discolouration of the outer cable sheath in places.
      Cables are fitted with banana plugs on both ends and come with the Supra box and paperwork.

Will post anywhere in Australia or NZ.

• By deannepal
      Item: DAC202
      Price: $4300
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: Upgrading
      Extra Info: Premium quality smooth sounding DAC with headphone output and volume control that allows you to directly drive a large power or integrated amplifier.
      In excellent condition with no defects. Good quality firewire cable included.
      Original high quality box and book manual included and both in excellent condition.
      Always used in a clean, smoke free environment.
      Original price for his DAC was $7800 and increased up to $9400 before upgraded model was released and now sells for over $13,000.
      Refer to the following link for more information: https://soundreference.com.au/weiss-dac202

• By chin168
      Item: Chang Lightspeed PowerLine Filter CLS305
      Price: $200
      Item Condition: Good
      Reason for selling: Not Being Used
      Extra Info: Have Been Using It Without Any Problem And In Good Working Condition.
      AC 250V With US Output Socket.
      Can Ship At Buyers Expense. Pick Up Is Available.