Fs: Paradigm Signature C5 And Adp3 (Piano Black), Studio 20V5 (Cherry), Studio 10V5 (Piano Black)

Item: Paradigm Signature C5 (Gloss Black)

Paradigm Signature ADP3 (Gloss Black)

Paradigm Studio 20 v5 (Cherry Brown, NOT Rosewood)

Paradigm Studio 10 v5 (Gloss Black)

Price: C5 = $3,000 ADP3 = $2,750 Studio20 = $1,300 Studio10 = $950

Prices are slightly negotiable. Multiple purchase will yield further discount.

Item Condition: Excellent working condition, no marks.
Reason for selling: Ordered new Prestige 85F – much smaller footprint for my appartment
Payment Method: Pickup/Shipping - Cash/Bank Deposit

**I tried to edit my original post, but it would not allow me to**

Hi there, I have recently picked up the following Paradigm Signature speakers from a gentleman out in ACT that was retiring. I bought the speakers on an impulse (I even hired a car to drive from Melbourne to Canberra to pick them up). These speakers are overkill for our humble apartment in South Melbourne. The C5 is an amazing piece of art, but it is simply too big for our living room. The ADPs are simply on another level.

I am selling:

-A Pair of Mint Paradigm Reference Signature ADP3 v.2 Speakers in High-Gloss Piano Black.

The speakers are in mint condition. There are no blemishes on the cabinet, woofer(s), or tweeter(s).

Only one of the speaker grille has a small nick - it looks as if a mouse took a small bite out of it.

I am hoping to get $2,750 out of them for the pair. Reasonable offers considered. RRP is in excess of $7,000.

I am testing the waters with:

-One mint Paradigm Reference Signature C5 v.2 Centre Speaker in High-Gloss Piano Black

The speaker is in absolutely mint condition. There is a small blemish on the rear of the cabinet, but you would not be able to see if if placed on top of an entertainment unit. The woofer(s), tweeter(s), and the grille looks as if its brand new.

I am hoping to get $3,000 out of it. Again, reasonable offers considered. RRP is also in excess of $7,000.

The centres are powered by a stand-alone Anthem MCA20. I haven't actually used the ADP3, only tested them.

-One Pair of Studio 20s v5 in Cherry Brown – I am the original owner, and brought these with me from Canada. (Asking $1,300)

-One Pair of Studio 10s vs5 in Piano Black – I am also the original owner, and brought these with me from Canada (Asking $950)

The previous owner powered his Signature series with a NAD M15 + M25 combo.

I am based in South Melbourne, VIC (3004) and do prefer a local sale. I dont know how to ship the C5 - it is almost 50kg on its own.

I may consider trades for an receiver/pre-amp with HCDP2.2 support, or speakers from the Paradigm Prestige series in Walnut finish that will match my walnut 85F that will arrive in March.

Thank you for viewing my ad.

*Picture was taken on the 17th of January*

Additional pictures can be viewed via my Google Drive https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B79Lzh_p6HA6cG1qRWdFTG5ZM1k&usp=sharing

Cheers,

Johnathan

post-201433-0-27066300-1453199964_thumb.

Many offers received, but not quite there yet. I've adjusted the price accordingly:

Studio 10v5 Gloss black : $900

Studio 20v5 Cherry : $1200

Signature ADP3v2 Gloss Black : $2650

Signature C5v2 Gloss Black : $2850

Cheers,

Johnathan

Also, "i_love_japan" is a serial lowballer.

We went back and fourth on the condition and colour of my studio10s (despite my OP was 100% clear on them), and he later arrived with an offer of $500.

He then proceeds to educate me on the average transaction prices on Ebay (telling me that studio 10s go for $500 and 20s for $700).

Sellers beware.

I guess i need to make myself clear here.

I did not say that studio 20 is worth $700. Please do double check your PM. I clearly said that it it worth 900-1100 depending on color.

As for studio 10, I'd say somewhere between 600-800 depending on color, condition, and usage (age) of the speakers as well. Eastwood HiFi used to sell them for $899 brand new.

My suggestion on the price is just a reference and you won't need to take my word for it. At the end of the day, you have every rights to sell it at whatever price you're after.

i have bought a lot of stuff from dtv in the past and I believe some of the forummer out there would be happy to vouch for me.

No hard feelings and good luck with the sale.

Here's another thread posted by OP with comments from fellow DTVs.

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php/topic/208333-fs-paradigm-reference-signature-speakers-in-piano-black/#entry2052015

Edited by i_love_japan

Also, "i_love_japan" is a serial lowballer.

We went back and fourth on the condition and colour of my studio10s (despite my OP was 100% clear on them), and he later arrived with an offer of $500.

He then proceeds to educate me on the average transaction prices on Ebay (telling me that studio 10s go for $500 and 20s for $700).

Sellers beware.

For someone who has 7 posts on DTV forum to call fellow members low ball is a little rich.

I can vouch for I love Japn having dealt with him.

That he had the courtesy to advise by PM rather than in the main forum shows that.

Very few here try to rip off fellow members, rather try to get a fair price for both parties.

I understand you are merely trying to re-coup the money you paid on eBay. Is that correct?

Reference to the ebay sale: this will give you an answer KEF

http://www.ebay.com....-/331750723431?

http://www.ebay.com....=p2047675.l2557

And what Ilovejapan saying is correct if you look at the past sales history, studio 10's where around $600-$800 mark and studio 20's where $900-$1100. But those are old pricing, the product is discontinued and you cannot buy them anymore, replacement costs double. AUD dipped, so as all the other recently advertised sale items prices are went up. Its upto the seller to decide what he wants to sell for, but not a good practice to call someone a low baller when he offered a price through PM.

KEF, we can agree to disagree. Lowballers should not be given a free-pass regardless of how long you've been on the forum. Here is a screenshot of the lowballer in action:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B79Lzh_p6HA6Xzhwd2hlc3pGTlk

Sub25 - The prices are inflated to account for the lowballers, and the 14 hour drive + petrol to get the speakers from Canberra to Melbourne personally. The seller had a tight schedule, and sold it to whomever can go to his house within 48 hours of negotiating the sale. I usually don't respond to accusations for trying to make a quick buck. I am making nothing if you factor in the cost of a cheap hotel for one night as well for making the pickup. If you see these speakers in my current living room, it looks ridiculous. Unfortunately, my wife thinks they're an eyesore, therefore the speakers are on the market.

To those that have messaged, no I will not sell the Signatures for $2,000.

Is that $500 per speaker? LOL

$900 for gloss black Studio 10s is awesome value. Hook them up to your PC!

I had a huge chuckle when I received his PM too!

I'm in no rush to sell the Studios. If I sell them, great - I'll order new matching Prestige bookshelves. If not, I'll use my Sonos Connect AMP on the Studio 10, and get a stereo amp for my 20 in my bedroom. Cheers.

If you truly feel offended by low ballers, feel free not to respond.

Keep in mind that some are genuine and merely stating what they believe an item is worth.

over time you might find yourself desperate and inclined to accept, you never know.....

Edited by KEF Ci2000

KEF, we can agree to disagree. Lowballers should not be given a free-pass regardless of how long you've been on the forum. Here is a screenshot of the lowballer in action:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B79Lzh_p6HA6Xzhwd2hlc3pGTlk

Sub25 - The prices are inflated to account for the lowballers, and the 14 hour drive + petrol to get the speakers from Canberra to Melbourne personally. The seller had a tight schedule, and sold it to whomever can go to his house within 48 hours of negotiating the sale. I usually don't respond to accusations for trying to make a quick buck. I am making nothing if you factor in the cost of a cheap hotel for one night as well for making the pickup. If you see these speakers in my current living room, it looks ridiculous. Unfortunately, my wife thinks they're an eyesore, therefore the speakers are on the market.

To those that have messaged, no I will not sell the Signatures for $2,000.

I have insisted not to make an offer from the very beginning and I have also made it clear to you that my offer will not come close to what you would expect.

More screenshots from our conversation for those who are interested.

@too_slow - you need to chillax!! Putting up private conversations as proof doesn't make you look good at all either.

Low ballers are part of any sale - you need to smile and and say Shoo Doggie, if not interested in entertaining them. Publicly shaming them really doesn't serve much purpose apart from self satisfaction.

(whose side am I on ..???)

If I can rewrite history, I would not have mentioned him at all on my postings. My sincerest apologies to everyone here.

FYI grays has a pair of 30th anniversary towers for sale. I have never them in person, but they're epic!

Don't tell Parayam but there is a Sub12 there as well

I've just noticed this.

Hey KEFCi2000, what you are doing is not acceptable at all. I wonder how you would feel if someone does same to you. :no:

Edited by parayam

Mate it was a joke, I would never buy off Grays as from what I hear most of the stuff is seconds etc and they don't tell you. At least Eastwood tells you up front.

Anyone who searches for the 30th Ann speakers will see the Sub12.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, thank you for all the PMs and e-mails. The C5 and ADP3s have been sold to a very happy new owner. Thank you for driving all the way from Sydney to Melbourne to pick them up. For those interested, I got really close to my asking price on here.

Those that have continually email me - telling me that they're worth <$2k each, best of luck with your search. You need a reality check. You'll have to adjust your expectations. You're not getting caviar for hambuger prices.

Studio 10s, I've decided to keep - I just bought a Sonos Connect AMP for them, and I must say, I'm really impressed with what the little white box is capable of.

Happy New Year everyone.

Moderators - please kindly lock the thread.

We have a very strange system in this country where the seller sets the price, and the buyer ether excepts it or moves on to the next seller. Most people will drop a few dollars, Some will include the freight costs in the price, as a discount. Some buyers will say the E-bay price is so-an-so, But that's no reason why any seller should conform with that price. And if the items now out of production,or in short supply, then the price will increase accordingly.

In short if the item for sale is worth 3 Goats and a milking Cow. That's the price. So any low-ballers should ether get with the program or bugger off. And saying the sellers had it a long time is no excuse for a discount

Edited by Guest

Too Slow, glad you got your sale ?

Bassett - willing buyer : willing seller

That is what sets the price in this country

Have never paid full price for anything except petrol, some groceries and public transport/govt services etc

Even utilities these days can be acquired at a discount

Most HiFi can be purchased 25% off RRP if you shop around and are willing to buy in the spot

Edited by KEF Ci2000