Sign in to follow this  
Ralfi

Logitech Harmony Smart Control Impressions/review

1 hour ago, Malich said:

My current one handles the smart TV, smart Blu-ray, Foxtel, & streaming box setup here better than anything else, albeit after spending a ridiculous amount of time and effort beating it into submission & usefulness. At least it could be beaten...

That is partly behind my not even trying to use a universal remote control for my main AV setup, a fear that the time and effort that might be entailed to get everything to work, could outweigh the benefit. I personally don't find it too much of a chore to pick up a separate remote control, or to change the source selection on the AVR.

2 hours ago, MrC said:

Thanks Ralfi for your help .... I now have the FoxTel channel icons installed and in use.  I must say that I am uplifted by the positive suggestions and help offered by many here on this forum.  Well done !!

Phew! Glad that helped.....admittedly, the only flaw is the setup process, hence my vague recollections of how I went about it.

It's a complex device that rewards you with simple functionality once set up.

Some bad & good updates.

The Bad is that the PS4 isn’t supported as much as the PS3. You need to turn the console on manually as Sony doesn’t allow foreign controllers to power it up (yet it can be powered down...). & button support for watching BD movies has been significantly reduced...very disappointing.

The Good news is that I’ve found an App that syncs with the Harmony Hub & allows Siri voice control to change Activities - it’s called Yonomi & it’s brilliant. It also has location-based triggers, so you can turn all devices off when leaving home etc. 

Posted (edited)

Have used one for about a year of two. Have started to gravitate to using an Apple TV instead of this to control everything. For a start, that is all I use. The Harmony annoys me when it turns TV on as well as it takes a few seconds to go to the default channel and if you’ve been watching something else, you will watch a few seconds of that and then it will switch. So annoying. So I’ve resorted to just using the on demand apps for live TV so I don’t have use the tuner on the TV at all. Plus it doesn’t scroll properly with KAYO. The only thing I’m worried about is losing the Receiver control automation although maybe the Apple TV can control that instead.

Edited by deviltoob

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this