Sign in to follow this  
DR.ZOIDBERG

Reception Issues

Hi Doc,

Probably in the same area in the menu where auto tuning is there should be a manual tuning setting where you tune the channels you want

one at time,or you could pull out the antenna to the tv and do an auto tune with the antenna out to clear the memories then start

an auto tune again and put the antenna back in before it gets to ch 34, hopefully your tv shows the channel numbers as it tunes and

not just a line across the screen.

cheers Tazzy

Hi Tazzy

Good advice, just a shame Currumbin channels are both sides of the Tamborine block and a half to complicate things

Worth a try though if Dr Zoidberg can't find the manual tuning.

James

Hi James and Doc

Just looked at 'myswitch' for the Gold Coast area, what a can of worms that area is with 4 transmission sites and the channel

groups and vertical and horizontal polarity.You certainly need your head around it all and a good Digital Signal Meter to make the

magic happen there in bad signal areas.

I think you will need the 'man' to measure the signal quality etc Doc

cheers Tazzy

Yer in sure my antenna is picking up different singles for different transmitters

I did find the manual option so I can tune it in but I'm not sure what I'm doing sorry. It has a number and a frequency option

Hi again

I think you have probably have been watching tv from more than one possibly multiple transmitters and you have been sitting on the

edge of failure with the channels and now your quality has dropped below what some of the tv tuners can handle on some channels.

If you refer back to James's first post you will see the Gold Coast is a complex area for the correct tv transmitter for your area

Not sure if you have looked at the 'myswitch'site ?if not type in your address and you will see how many towers you could get signals

from,what is possibly the best tower for you and channels for that tower and the antenna polarity vertical or horizontal for that

tower.

Tune your tv in manual to the channel numbers for that tower only. don't worry about the frequency tuning at this stage keep it simple

You can't mess anything up, worst case doing another auto tune should get you back to where you are now.

It maybe that the antenna needs to be relocated to get the best signals from the best available tower.It would have to be done

with a signal meter to get a best possible out come.Also the antenna may not be the best one for that area follwing the channel

restack.

A bit more to think about.

cheers Tazzy