Wtb: Paradigm Studio 100 V4 Or V5

It's highly unlikely you will get a pair of studio 100s in gloss black for $1,800 or anywhere close. It would have to be dinged up pretty well, or at fire sale value which is rare. Your estimations are well below the actual sale amounts on dtv and sna, which can be misleading for someone starting out.

Your upper price is about right, $2.700 for a pristine pair is thereabouts, but gloss black is harder to come by.

Lol you guys are dreaming studio 100's were considered high end the only reason people got a pair for 3k was on run out as they have been super seeded.. You would be lucky to grab a pair second hand for 3k as you can't even get them new anymore! The only people selling for less than 3k are obviously desperate to sell. Hey you might get lucky !

Well to be fair celts was selling his for around $2,800, which is slightly above digitalhome's upper price of $2,700. Same with Eastwood's newsletter sale. Both happened within the last month but both weren't gloss black.

Again I highly doubt you could get a good pair of 100s for $1,800. Reasonable is $2,700 - $3,000, but depends on condition and finish.

I think his price estimate of $1800-$2700 was $1800ish for V4's and $2700ish for V5's, which is roughly about right for average condition with maybe a scuff hear or there. I am lucky enough to own both V4 & V5's, i must say i prefer the sound of the V4's as they are a little more neutral, but the V5's look nicer & have a ever so slightly more forward sound. You would never pick the difference unless you can compare them side by side like i can in the same room, with the same equipment and in the same speaker positioning. You would be completely happy with either!

Edited by bmwheath

If you could get these for around $2k it would be money well spent, plus they come with decent interconnectors! Seriously, the upgrade bug will bite & you will move onto some more expensive speakers down the track anyway lol

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Paradigm-Reference-Studio-100-Version4-Speakers-/172045379876?hash=item280eb42924:g:FQwAAOSwUdlWgxjO

Edited by bmwheath

If you could get these for around $2k it would be money well spent, plus they come with decent interconnectors! Seriously, the upgrade bug will bite & you will move onto some more expensive speakers down the track anyway lol

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Paradigm-Reference-Studio-100-Version4-Speakers-/172045379876?hash=item280eb42924:g:FQwAAOSwUdlWgxjO

nice find,. exactly a steal for 2k.