The Official 4K Ultra H D - Blu Ray Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Spider-Man Far From Home for the first time ever on UHD and projector and am very impressed with the PQ. It’s almost like being in my own cinema lol. More impressed with the projector tbh as I wasn’t expecting comparable PQ to that of my TV from a projector that isn’t oft talked about.

Only early into the movie but I reckon it’s gonna be good. I’m not even a comic book fan, but have so many action hero movies on disc, especially Marvel ones. They simply know how to make compelling stories and this movie has so many good actors, Tomei, J. Gyllenhaal, Leon from Curb, Zendaya and I like the kid who’s playing spidey these days. His sidekick is funny too.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone

I just came here to rave about The Matrix in 4k HDR when viewed on an LG OLED CX.  Since owning this TV I've seen a small mix of 4K UHD movies and found Disney Plus to be a good source, along with some jaw dropping Apple TV+ content.  
However we have to appreciate the visual masterpeice of the Matrix.  I've watched it on Laser Disc and DVD and not since.  This new transfer literally dropped my jaw and I looked around the room as if to say "WHAT is that!" WOW!   The night scenes are so perfectly subtle in brightness, the TONE of skin colours is perfect and I could go on and on.  A must see for HDR grading, subtleties in tone and general polish in presentation.  I don't know how it gets much better. 

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Went a few pages back but couldn’t find any discussion so sorry if this has been done before. I’ve heard most modern movies are from 2K DIs and not true 4K but upscaled and that most benefit is found for movies that are remastered in 4K from film, therefore, older movies. Just wondering if anyone has found this to be true in the 4K blurays they’ve  watched. Do newer movies seem to be much like normal 1080p or are they bought simply for the HDR?

Edited by deviltoob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 16/02/2021 at 12:52 PM, Mr_Gadget said:

Just ordered Man of Steel and Batman Vs Superman (JB 2 for $30). Apparently the Extended Version of B vs S transforms the movie.

Narrative-wise it definitely does and links more closely with the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League which is out on UHD on May 26. Hang on wasn't the remastered second release of Batman vs Super due to be released on that date as well?

• 3 months later...
On 27/07/2020 at 6:52 PM, muriwai said:

HThe aliens thread got closed so I guess we will never know now?

Apparently James Cameron oversees the re-releases and is reportedly quite busy working on the Avatar sequels, so it might get be a while before we see 4K Aliens, The Abyss or True Lies for a little while longer.

• 2 months later...

Just noticed this thread and having recently bought a new 4K player, I can now contribute.🙂

I highly recommend the recently released 4K box set of the "Back To The Future' trilogy. They look and sound absolutely stunning....like they could have been made yesterday. Colour tones are superb, visual details are crisp and concise and the sound is excellent. A visual and sonic feast.....a big two thumbs up! 👍👍

Back To The Future - The Ultimate Trilogy | JB Hi-Fi

Another 4K release worth a look is "Toy Story 4"......the animation is beyond brilliant and comes up an absolute treat in 4K.....oh and it's a superbly rounded story that absolutely does justice to the three previous releases and concludes the Toy Story saga perfectly. 👌

See the source image

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...