Sign in to follow this  
mello yello

The Official 4K Ultra H D - Blu Ray Thread

dunkirk on uhd...out today in the shops...I only watched 15 min of.... just as a taster....

232286-L-LO.jpg

and gosh have to say...this is quite something in audio and video......

cant wait to watch the rest ! 

I must be one of few people who thought Dunkirk sucked.

The sound would probably be really good if it has Atmos.

I thought I read somewhere its DTSMA,if so a shame that they didn't use a 3D audio track,

27 minutes ago, muriwai said:

I thought I read somewhere its DTSMA,if so a shame that they didn't use a 3D audio track,

Yes a bit of shame but tell you what withthe neural-x upsampling it’s bloody good !!

Can anyone here clarify what the resolution/bit depth etc for UHD is? I've been digging online and can't find anything definitive. I believe it is:

- 3840x2160 (obviously)

- 10 bit (pretty sure on this one)

- 4:2:0 (this one I'm 100% unsure of...)

3 hours ago, Mobe1969 said:

Can anyone here clarify what the resolution/bit depth etc for UHD is? I've been digging online and can't find anything definitive. I believe it is:

- 3840x2160 (obviously)

Yes

Yes

Yes

40 minutes ago, davmel said:

Yes

Yes

Yes

... city Ford says yes more often. ;)

JSmith :ninja:

6 hours ago, Mobe1969 said:

- 3840x2160 (obviously)

UHD bluray ? Just add '  Don't let Sony fool you with the alternative 4K resolution ; that's for DCI in the film industry :)

Sony’s native 4K (4096 x 2160) SXRD panel technology produces true 4K resolution pictures with over four times the quality of Full HD.

Guest Sime

Just watching the 4k of this stupid movie “Billy Lynn’s long half time walk” and it’s out of the player at 10mins, what a crap film, crap cinematography and don’t get me started on the acting/directing. 

And to to add insult to injury, 60fps. Yuck. 

Edited by Sime

6 hours ago, Sime said:

Just watching the 4k of this stupid movie “Billy Lynn’s long half time walk” and it’s out of the player at 10mins, what a crap film, crap cinematography and don’t get me started on the acting/directing. 

I bought it a few months ago to test whether my new cabling could transmit an 18Gb/s signal ( 4k60fps). I've only watched the first 5 mins, and haven't been tempted to try to go further.

Cable works.....that's all I really need to know.:)

6 hours ago, Sime said:

I liked that movie.

Guest Sime

Has anyone seen”Murder on the orient express” and is it good?

Just a copy of the original so if you've seen it then you know the ending.

Hi guys. I haven't jumped into 4K as yet, still using a JVC X-35 projector but I am purchasing 4K BD's (only own 3). I borrowed Last Jedi in 4K from a guy at work to test on my Oppo 205 as it wont play on his Panasonic 4K player. I know this has been raised before but what is it with these latest Disney releases where the audio is sooo low? My normal listening volume typically is around -18 to -16 but for Last Jedi I had to bump it up to -8 to get any decent sound and even then IMO the audio was just average compared to other BD's. Thor- Ragnarok was the same but at -8 it sounds excellent but still no where near BD's like Wonder Women (one of best I've heard) or classics like TIH, WOTW, Tron-Legacy and the first Thor. 

I feel like they have lost the art of studio recording and wish the person who mixed those mentioned movies would do the more recent ones. Going to JB Hi-Fi today so any recommendations on some reference 4K BD's?