Sign in to follow this  
mello yello

The Official 4K Ultra H D - Blu Ray Thread

2 minutes ago, IMDave said:

Thanks 

absolutely gorgeous movie, a must buy ! I posted some screen shots below, its come up absolutely gorgeously on uhd

also well worth getting is fifth element on uhd :) both for audio and video

Is Leon the extended version or only the theatrical cut?

On 11/12/2017 at 5:40 PM, groovem said:

Is Leon the extended version or only the theatrical cut?

It has both versions on the disc.  :D

I've also just ordered the latest Luc Besson movie, Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets 4K Ultra HD from Amazon as apparently will not be coming on 4k in Aus.

I've heard varying reports on the movie itself but the PQ is meant to be top notch so hopefully it'll look awesome on 4k

51IAA0O4ugL.jpg

19 hours ago, Kazz said:

I've also just ordered the latest Luc Besson movie, Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets 4K Ultra HD from Amazon as apparently will not be coming on 4k in Aus.

I've heard varying reports on the movie itself but the PQ is meant to be top notch so hopefully it'll look awesome on 4k

51IAA0O4ugL.jpg

Didn't reach the lofty heights of The Fifth Element for me Kazz but it looks incredible. 

I'd purchase on 4k for sure

20 hours ago, jutta said:

Didn't reach the lofty heights of The Fifth Element for me Kazz but it looks incredible. 

I'd purchase on 4k for sure

The Fifth Element is pretty hard to beat that's for sure,  :D but glad to hear it looked great, should come up well on 4K then.

There is a lot of talk around at the moment about the T2 4K release and excessive DNR, but I read a french review this morning that gave a polar opposite review on it.   http://www.avcesar.com/test/bluray/id-3585/terminator-2-le-jugement-dernier.html

We warn you from the outset: you can forget all versions of the film already seen. This one, remastered in 4K by James Cameron and his teams in 2016, is worth more than a detour, a view image by image could even be envisaged as there is to see and discover.

The overall dynamic is dazzling, the light incredible, the steel blue tempered, the precision simply surgical, the chrome of the cars and weapons glowing as ever ... We could continue until the end of the night, point out the smallest details that win in quality like the electric red of the scan in the subjective view of Terminator, the incandescence of the grid when the T-1000 arrives on Earth, the shine of the grounds like varnish by the rain, the renewal of the explosions which are tinted this time of red ( against yellow on the Blu-Ray). Without forgetting the sharpness, unpublished.

No doubt, the film goes into another visual dimension without being betrayed by its innovative special effects for the time (twenty-six years of age all the same). A subtle feat when compared to Blu-Ray present in the box (very very beautiful too, but less brilliant, a little less brilliant), but a feat of all times that goes from the background finally opened in the bar with scenes of action or resplendent night. All with the manisfest desire of the master not to yield to the sirens of the technical demonstration HDR, which explains the rendering steeped in timeless elegance. In short, a big YES!

To note, the images opposite were captured from the master restored in 4K. Beautiful, they give a little idea what awaits you in 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray.
Top image: none
Picture rating: 6/6

Hey guys, Is the 20% off at JB still going? Doesn't look like it but didn't know if it was some sort of coupon or special site.

they have jacked up their shipping and with prices going up down no idea if really ever 20% off !

Yeah having a look now and doesn't look like it may hold out and wait for it to come up again. In no huge rush really cant watch any of it for 6 months.

19 minutes ago, Camo1151990 said:

Hey guys, Is the 20% off at JB still going? Doesn't look like it but didn't know if it was some sort of coupon or special site.

Ended Sunday the 12th the day before Baby Driver and Atomic Blonde were released.

1 minute ago, duke said:

Ended Sunday the 12th the day before Baby Driver and Atomic Blonde were released.

Cheers thanks mate

1 hour ago, Camo1151990 said:

Whisper is that it'll be back on Friday, maybe with an extra 10% for those on JB's mailing list. Note the email with the extra discount code usually comes after the start of the 20% - be patient...

Going all out for 4k yesterday because of the extra 10% off for JB newsletter subscriber + their usual 20% discount. On top of that they are giving away $20 coupon for any spending over $100. I think I should split my purchase so I can get multiple $20 coupon instead of one. That sure is better than using the one off 10% voucher for one big purchase. Oh well. 

Just spent that $20 coupon on all 8 Harry Potters. Too bad there is no boxset available within reaching distance.

Can't wait for the Transformers boxset from UK and another dozen "3 for $50" from US. Really miss the glory days of our dollar. 

Guest EZYHD

Set up my new Samsung M8500XY yesterday to watch Planet Earth 11 in 4k on the 65" Panny, wow the colour and sharp detail blew us away, I can see myself on the hunt for more 4K titles for sure.