Sign in to follow this  
mello yello

The Official 4K Ultra H D - Blu Ray Thread

That seems to have been going for a while. I bought a couple nearly two weeks ago.

11 hours ago, duke said:

That seems to have been going for a while. I bought a couple nearly two weeks ago.

Yeah, I just noticed it hadn't been mentioned here yet, so thought I should post it.

... haven't seen a 20% off yet. :blink:

JSmith :ninja:

I've been waiting for a long time for one of those seeing I have a JB gift card waiting to be used and I was given that at the start of August.

@:) al and anyone else looking for this just a heads up  JB have Serenity in stock (although not on their site) and it's $32.99 compared to Sanity which have it listed at $39.99.

10 minutes ago, Kazz said:

@:) al and anyone else looking for this just a heads up  JB have Serenity in stock (although not on their site) and it's $32.99 compared to Sanity which have it listed at $39.99.

how strange of jb to have on shelf and not on the website ?

no idea how to change the ezydvd order but I note they adjusted the price to $34.57 ? probably close enough to leave 

11 minutes ago, Kazz said:

Serenity

IMG_1004.jpg

:D

... good movie actually, should look awesome in 4K, but only 2K intermediate;

http://realorfake4k.com/my-product/serenity/

It is not real 4K in any material way due to having a final master at 2K.  Studios have upscaled the 2K image to 4K and retouched the content for your 4K UHD TV.  You should see some visual improvement over a standard 1080p Blu-ray.  Check the information below to see if the studios have upgraded the video with HDR or added immersive Dolby Atmos or DTS:X audio tracks.

JSmith :ninja:

21 minutes ago, :) al said:

how strange of jb to have on shelf and not on the website ?

no idea how to change the ezydvd order but I note they adjusted the price to $34.57 ? probably close enough to leave 

You just give ezydvd a call or drop them an email but it may be too late as release date is tomorrow.

Just now, Kazz said:

You just give ezydvd a call or drop them an email but it may be too late as release date is tomorrow.

pity jb dont have it listed or id just point them to it !

3 hours ago, Kazz said:

Amazon has 3 for $49.99 UHDs at the moment.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/promotion/A30S4IVIR5X2K3/panandscathed-20#

Thanks Kazz. Always up for a bargain, but the link isn't taking me anywhere special, and all discs show in my cart at full price. Has the promo finished? 

not sure anyone has seen Serenity disc on uhd.... stunner of picture :)

even though ha 2k DI and audio wise the DTS-X is an awesome track. right from get go. the sub bass at the start is massive ! and pretty punchy dynamic all ways through with great use of surround sound stage as well.

all pretty well come across to uhd given its a 10+ year old movie.

12 hours ago, :) al said:

not sure anyone has seen Serenity disc on uhd.... stunner of picture :)

even though ha 2k DI and audio wise the DTS-X is an awesome track. right from get go. the sub bass at the start is massive ! and pretty punchy dynamic all ways through with great use of surround sound stage as well.

all pretty well come across to uhd given its a 10+ year old movie.

Production values reminded me of early Dr Who or Red Dwarf when I watched on Blu ray several years ago. I couldn’t come to grips with why this was such a cult hit.

Edited by blybo

34 minutes ago, blybo said:

Production values reminded me of early Dr Who or Red Dwarf when I watched on Blu ray several years ago. I couldn’t come to grips with why this was such a cult hit.

Definitely in that vein, and reason for popularity is likely the firefly series that had a bit of a following,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(TV_series)

ps I used to watch red dwarf, never quite got into dr who.

I have Firefly on BD but I supose it won't be earmarked for 4K. I was hoping for a Serenity 2...