Sign in to follow this  
mello yello

The Official 4K Ultra H D - Blu Ray Thread

Magnificent Seven (4K): $25 (Aus Release)
Sicario (4K): $25 US Release

Creed (4K): $16 (Aus Release)
The Player - Criterion Collection (Region A) Brand New/Sealed: $30

Free Post

Edited by agent47

10 hours ago, agent47 said:

Magnificent Seven (4K): $25 (Aus Release)
Sicario (4K): $25 US Release

Creed (4K): $16 (Aus Release)
The Player - Criterion Collection (Region A) Brand New/Sealed: $30

Free Post

Shouldn't this be in the 4K Ultrahd Blu-Ray Title Trade thread ?

Seems Pioneer will release soon a UHD BD player/burner drive for PC's... handy for those who are into HTPC setups;

http://pioneer.jp/pcperipherals/bdd/products/bdr_s11j/basic.php

Although, may be difficult to implement too;

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/243463-new-pioneer-ultra-blu-ray-burners-pack-4k-playback-16x-burn-speeds

I wonder when studio's may implement AACS 2.0 enhanced on UHD 4K bluray discs;

http://www.myce.com/news/sony-hack-reveals-aacs-2-0-ultra-hd-blu-ray-copy-protection-details-75833/

Maybe once they have DolbyVision HDR? :blink:

... hopefully never.

JSmith :ninja:

3 hours ago, JSmith said:

Seems Pioneer will release soon a UHD BD player/burner drive for PC's... handy for those who are into HTPC setups;

No it's not handy at all. All existing HTPC setups have been locked out due to the ridiculous restrictions placed on AACS 2.0 decryption. Frankly it is a total waste of time to buy (eventually when everything is available) all the parts needed to get it working. It's so much easier to download 4K UHD bluray rips from unofficial sources and just watch them without any restrictions whatsoever. The industry has gone above and beyond to shoot themselves in the foot this time making it so much harder to legitimately view UHD disc content on a PC that all PC users are turning to unofficial sources. They only have themselves to blame and now have no revenue from PC viewing users. And all this comes at a time when iTunes has locked out 1080p download access to older iTunes versions where the download could be decrypted, now only allowing 720p downloads and effectively cutting off revenue from customers that legitimately paid for content but wanted to view it on software that wasn't iTunes. The movie industry doesn't deserve an income if they want to dictate what hardware and software you can use to view their content. Screw em.

12 hours ago, JSmith said:

http://pioneer.jp/pcperipherals/bdd/products/bdr_s11j/basic.php

Although, may be difficult to implement too;

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/243463-new-pioneer-ultra-blu-ray-burners-pack-4k-playback-16x-burn-speeds

I wonder when studio's may implement AACS 2.0 enhanced on UHD 4K bluray discs;

http://www.myce.com/news/sony-hack-reveals-aacs-2-0-ultra-hd-blu-ray-copy-protection-details-75833/

Maybe once they have DolbyVision HDR? :blink:

... hopefully never.

probably easier / cheaper to just buy the $188 sammy uhd player ... 

27 minutes ago, said:

$188 sammy

Wasn't that just a one off deal @ JB a while back? It's a good $530 with region mod...

33 minutes ago, said:

probably easier / cheaper to just buy the $188 sammy uhd player ... 

That's a heavily discounted price JB were offering a week ago. It's now back to its normal price of $396.

I agree with the sentiment however, having used home theatre pc's in the past to play HD DVDs and Blu-rays. There were many hiccups to sort out in the early days. There's a lot to be said for the simplicity and dependability of a dedicated player.

9 hours ago, davmel said:

It's so much easier to download 4K UHD bluray rips from unofficial sources and just watch them without any restrictions whatsoever.

It might be easier, but for many, including me, it is morally unacceptable not to pay for access to a 4K movie.

20 minutes ago, JSmith said:

Wasn't that just a one off deal @ JB a while back? It's a good $530 with region mod...

$188 last week.  it goes on and off sale very regularly. just have to keep eye out just like with the other uhd players. region freeing it isn't that expensive I think from memory mine cost me $220 installed and that was on release(be cheaper now surely). even then looking at a $400 odd prospect these days for a region freed player which is d@mn cheap ! 

I wonder when we will see a panasonic dmp-ub700 here in Aus? :huh:

When is the movie industry going to understand that hardware and software is not the issue, it's the price they want everyone to pay to get a physical copy.

If they reduced the price, more people would be willing to pay rather than look to illegal sources.

Why do actors need multi-million dollar salaries anyway? That is likely the biggest reason for prices being too high to start with.

3 hours ago, JSmith said:

I wonder when we will see a panasonic dmp-ub700 here in Aus? :huh:

Not sure we're getting the UB700 here, but the UB400 and UB300 are due in June.

Why are there so many models running concurrently? What's the difference?

- 1 vs 2 HDMI?

- analog outputs vs none?

Considering the 900 is already just under $600 on offers, how much cheaper will the other ones be?

3 hours ago, digitalj said:

Why do actors need multi-million dollar salaries anyway? That is likely the biggest reason for prices being too high to start with.

I think the special effects are what cost so much. It takes multiple digital artists thousands of hours to create the effects for movies like Rogue One etc

6 hours ago, doggiehowser1503564764 said:

Why are there so many models running concurrently? What's the difference?

- 1 vs 2 HDMI?

- analog outputs vs none?

Considering the 900 is already just under $600 on offers, how much cheaper will the other ones be?

As you go down the pana line that's exactly right doggie ; logos for 300 then 400 below ; the 900 has the multi analogs and 32bit dacs but if you don't need this the 400 also has a better  low jitter clock to help mitigate hdmi's silly video clock timing ; just like the oppo 205 without the fancy analog stage :) 7.1 analog outputs are ok for music depending on your system but totally redundant for atmos 7.1.4 say ..

4K High-Precision Chroma Processor4K Direct Chroma Up-scaling4K 60p/50p, 4:4:4 Output4K NetworkingHigh-resolution Audio PlaybackInternet AppsHDMI CEC
  • 4K High-Precision Chroma Processor4K Direct Chroma Up-scaling4K 60p/50p, 4:4:4 Output4K NetworkingHigh Clarity Sound PremiumHigh-resolution Audio PlaybackTwin HDMITwin HDMIInternet AppsMirroring with Smartphone / TabletWireless LAN Built-in
Edited by cwt

Hi Folks

Just had my Samsung UBD-K8500 Modded by Gatti Audio.

will now no longer need to have two BD players side by side, one region A one region B.

Any one want a region A Sony BDP-S5200 complete with AU 240/12V transformer ?

will offer for sale in the Hardware section too. ($50 for pickup in Gembrook) postage added for it to be sent anywhere in Australia.

Edited by bernievink
typo