Sign in to follow this  
mello yello

The Official 4K Ultra H D - Blu Ray Thread

trivia time :

1993: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – First film to be entirely scanned to digital files, manipulated, and recorded back to film at 4K resolution. The restoration project was done entirely at 4K resolution and 10-bit color depth using the new Cineon system to digitally remove dirt and scratches and restore faded colours.

968full-snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-
2004: Spider-Man 2 – The first digital intermediate on a new Hollywood film to be done entirely at 4K resolution. Although scanning, recording, and color-correction was done at 4K by EFILM, most of the visual effects were created at 2K and were upscaled to 4K.
2008: BarakaThe first 8K resolution digital intermediate by FotoKem of a 65 mm negative source for the October 2008 remastered DVD and Blu-ray Disc release. The scan produced 30 terabytes of data and took 12–13 seconds to scan each frame, for a total scan time of over 3 weeks.
(8K, thats for the next thread)
Edited by mello yello

"The UHD image, up-sourced from the 2K digital intermediate, was undeniably impressive. Perhaps because of the increased resolution, but I suspect more likely due to the HDR processing, the images had an undeniably improved definition and depth that was all the more noticeable when as the frame became more crowded.

If you watch the extras on the Fury Road Blu-ray, it's obvious that the film's flame effects are a combination of practical and CG, but on the UHD almost every flame looks like a painted cartoon. Just as the enhanced depth and detail are pulling you into the film's ravaged wasteland, the artificiality of these effects pushes you back out."

147183_large.jpg

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Mad-Max-Fury-Road-4K-Blu-ray/147183/#Review

JSmith :ninja:

$52.97 for Kingsman on 4K blu-ray:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/blu-ray/kingsman-the-secret-service-uhd-4k/dp/6173682

It's like the early days of blu-ray all over again.

$29.99 USD @ Amazon... 4K BD's are not region protected. :)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Kingsman-The-Secret-Service-4K-Blu-ray/140080/

A few others here too at the same or cheaper price;

http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?sortby=popularity&category=4kbluray

$29.99 USD @ Amazon... 4K BD's are not region protected. :)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Kingsman-The-Secret-Service-4K-Blu-ray/140080/

A few others here too at the same or cheaper price;

http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?sortby=popularity&category=4kbluray

I pre ordered and Amazon automatically price matched with not sure who but the last one for instance that just shipped was $31 aud landed :)

I pre ordered and Amazon automatically price matched with not sure who but the last one for instance that just shipped was $31 aud landed :)

Not too bad at all, bonus. :)

Been dropped to $44.97

The Revenant UHD Blu-ray was only $52.97 on Ezydvd's site for approximately a day. It was actually first listed on Ezydvd's site about 3 weeks ago, at the end of last month, with a price of $44.97, however they removed it from their site a few days later. They didn't put it back up until the middle of this month. When it was relisted on Ezydvd's site, it was priced at $44.97, the same as when they first listed the title. Ezydvd listed the Fox UHD titles a couple of days later, this is when the price of the Revenant went up. It went back down again roughly 24 hours later.

No region coding and you expect to pay that much!!

Ezydvd's price is practically on par with Amazons current price in AUD. Edited by Cevolution

Ezydvd's price is practically on par with Amazons current price in AUD.

Well $30USD is about $40AUD... but then the Amazon delivery charges kick in, ouch. This is why when I do order from Amazon I always order at least 4 titles... but the $4.99 + $1.99 per item is getting a bit harsh with conversion now.

dont forget with amazon the price match they do. on release anyways there were good deals happening. they only apply the discount on shipping though so it can be a bit of a lottery depending on prices around at the time and when they ship. I did well with the titles I got though. however not sure on going rate of anything out of them now. i'll probably sit tight given dont have a player in any case. I wouldn't suggest something to rush into. pretty early days with this stuff. i for one now will see how things pan out locally for future purchases :)

Well $30USD is about $40AUD... but then the Amazon delivery charges kick in, ouch. This is why when I do order from Amazon I always order at least 4 titles... but the $4.99 + $1.99 per item is getting a bit harsh with conversion now.

They should pop up on JB's site very soon (they are up on Sanity's site now). When they do, I expect they will be a few dollars cheaper, as JB usually are cheaper than Ezydvd. JB have 20% off sales frequently enough, so for many of them you will be better off picking them up locally, based on their current pricing.