The Official 4K Ultra H D - Blu Ray Thread

I notice that The Matrix Trilogy on 4K has been announced in the US. Typical that the studios allow everyone to purchase the original Matrix release on 4K, then expect you to double dip to get the extra movies in a box set, or buy the individual releases of the two following movies at a far greater cost than buying the three pack.

No double dipping here , only wanted The Matrix, zero interest in 2 and 3. Not even had The Matrix on normal dvd or blu-ray, but i didn't mind getting it on 4K  for the right price, had it on couple of weeks ago, looked nice, but fell asleep during it, so need to rewatch some day lol

• Haha 1

This has probably been mentioned before but Planet Earth II is the so far the best example I have come across of what 4K UHD is truly capable  of.    I think some other studios could  learn something from the way this disc was put together.   I noticed the calibrator who did my projector was using it as well as one of his reference disc s.

• Like 4

On 09/08/2018 at 6:12 PM, Tasso said:

This has probably been mentioned before but Planet Earth II is the so far the best example I have come across of what 4K UHD is truly capable  of.    I think some other studios could  learn something from the way this disc was put together.   I noticed the calibrator who did my projector was using it as well as one of his reference disc s.

The colours and the details are awesome, but the stand out for me is the lightning strikes in "Deserts" where you truly see the point of HDR. 

I should probably buy a 2nd copy and add it to my demo material.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CAVX said:

The colours and the details are awesome, but the stand out for me is the lightning strikes in "Deserts" where you truly see the point of HDR. 

Yes - I forgot to mention the HDR  rendering .  Superb.

When does SOLO come out?  

I got PREDATOR and like T2, it is the best version of the film to date. 

My original BD is as grainly as a bowl of rice, the Ultimate Hunter Edition was scrubbed clean to the point where Arnold looks like clay in the opening sequence.  Not to mention the cropping back to 16:9 UGH!  But this is nice.  Enough grain to look like film, but clean like we expect from UHD and back to the TE AR of 1.85:1.  

• 2 months later...
On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 7:20 AM, CAVX said:

A 2nd copy Mark ? or maybe see how the 1st hdr10 + variable metadata with IMAX enhancement go :)

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1539649049

Hopefully WB and 20fox get the hdr10+ disc mastering moving soon for Panasonic and Samsung owhers :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought Matrix-Reloaded and Revolutions and tested some scenes from both and Wow. Incredible wide dynamic soundstage. I’m just running 7.1 but every speaker gets used extensively with excellent separation and bass hits very hard. Just the credits at the start of Revolutions is excellent. 

Unfortunetly each disc defaults to the Dolby Digital 5.1 audio so you will need to change it to True HD to experience the full audio experience. 

Edited by SimonNo10

• 3 months later...

• 6 months later...

Hi. Has anyone tried Godzilla:King of Monsters on an Oppo 205 player (Latest firmware installed).  Mine won’t play the disc( Unknown disc error on screen). I took it back and exchanged the disc at JB to rule out a faulty disc today but the replacement is the same. Tried other 4K discs and they play without an issue. 

Edited by SimonNo10

On 29/09/2019 at 2:28 PM, SimonNo10 said:

Hi. Has anyone tried Godzilla:King of Monsters on an Oppo 205 player (Latest firmware installed).  Mine won’t play the disc( Unknown disc error on screen). I took it back and exchanged the disc at JB to rule out a faulty disc today but the replacement is the same. Tried other 4K discs and they play without an issue. 

May be better posting on the oppo owner thread. I've the UHD, but not an oppo

• 8 months later...

seems we are to get on 4k uhd some of the alfred hitchcock classics....which is great ot hear these were all scanned on 4k so I expect they are going to turn out pretty fantastic !!!

Alfred Hitchcock Classics Including ‘Psycho’ and ‘The Birds’ Coming to 4K Ultra HD

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/3621844/alfred-hitchcock-classics-including-psycho-birds-coming-4k-ultra-hd/

"Several classic horror films have made the jump to the 4K Ultra HD format in the last couple years, and we’ve learned today that four Alfred Hitchcock classics are coming soon.

Dawn of the Discs brings us the word that Universal is gearing up to release The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection, a 4K Ultra HD set that’ll include both Psycho and The Birds.

Rear Window and Vertigo are also part of the 4-pack release.

Additionally, Dawn of the Discs reports that the set will include the original uncut version of Psycho, which was released on home video for the first time back in 2018 in Germany.

The uncut version of Hitchcock’s Psycho is home to minor bits of footage (seen below) that were ultimately cut from the film; this version has aired on TV in Germany in the past.

More details as we learn them."

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...