The Official 4K Ultra H D - Blu Ray Thread

$52.97 for Kingsman on 4K blu-ray:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/blu-ray/kingsman-the-secret-service-uhd-4k/dp/6173682

It's like the early days of blu-ray all over again.

$29.99 USD @ Amazon... 4K BD's are not region protected. :)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Kingsman-The-Secret-Service-4K-Blu-ray/140080/

A few others here too at the same or cheaper price;

http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?sortby=popularity&category=4kbluray

JSmith :ninja:

$29.99 USD @ Amazon... 4K BD's are not region protected. :)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Kingsman-The-Secret-Service-4K-Blu-ray/140080/

A few others here too at the same or cheaper price;

http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?sortby=popularity&category=4kbluray

I pre ordered and Amazon automatically price matched with not sure who but the last one for instance that just shipped was $31 aud landed :)

Been dropped to $44.97

The Revenant UHD Blu-ray was only $52.97 on Ezydvd's site for approximately a day. It was actually first listed on Ezydvd's site about 3 weeks ago, at the end of last month, with a price of $44.97, however they removed it from their site a few days later. They didn't put it back up until the middle of this month. When it was relisted on Ezydvd's site, it was priced at $44.97, the same as when they first listed the title. Ezydvd listed the Fox UHD titles a couple of days later, this is when the price of the Revenant went up. It went back down again roughly 24 hours later.

No region coding and you expect to pay that much!!

Ezydvd's price is practically on par with Amazons current price in AUD. Edited by Cevolution

Ezydvd's price is practically on par with Amazons current price in AUD.

Well $30USD is about $40AUD... but then the Amazon delivery charges kick in, ouch. This is why when I do order from Amazon I always order at least 4 titles... but the $4.99 + $1.99 per item is getting a bit harsh with conversion now.

dont forget with amazon the price match they do. on release anyways there were good deals happening. they only apply the discount on shipping though so it can be a bit of a lottery depending on prices around at the time and when they ship. I did well with the titles I got though. however not sure on going rate of anything out of them now. i'll probably sit tight given dont have a player in any case. I wouldn't suggest something to rush into. pretty early days with this stuff. i for one now will see how things pan out locally for future purchases :)

Well $30USD is about $40AUD... but then the Amazon delivery charges kick in, ouch. This is why when I do order from Amazon I always order at least 4 titles... but the $4.99 + $1.99 per item is getting a bit harsh with conversion now.

They should pop up on JB's site very soon (they are up on Sanity's site now). When they do, I expect they will be a few dollars cheaper, as JB usually are cheaper than Ezydvd. JB have 20% off sales frequently enough, so for many of them you will be better off picking them up locally, based on their current pricing.

dont forget with amazon the price match they do. on release anyways there were good deals happening. they only apply the discount on shipping though so it can be a bit of a lottery depending on prices around at the time and when they ship. I did well with the titles I got though. however not sure on going rate of anything out of them now. i'll probably sit tight given dont have a player in any case. I wouldn't suggest something to rush into. pretty early days with this stuff. i for one now will see how things pan out locally for future purchases :)

Amazon often won't price match. These days, Amazon are often more expensive than other U.S. retailers. If you can manage to get Amazon to price match some other U.S. retailers (especially if they waive the shipping too), then yes Amazon will be the better option for some UHD titles. The problem with this is, the more often you ask Amazon for a discount, the greater the chances of you being flagged for excessive refunds, and them cancelling your account.

Amazon often won't price match. These days, Amazon are often more expensive than other U.S. retailers. If you can manage to get Amazon to price match some other U.S. retailers (especially if they waive the shipping too), then yes Amazon will be the better option for some UHD titles. The problem with this is, the more often you ask Amazon for a discount, the greater the chances of you being flagged for excessive refunds, and them cancelling your account.

I never have asked amazon to price match. they did without asking wiht the uhf's. its their price promise. on shipping they must survey other retailers and apply the discount they will send you an email to tell you the saving. hence why my last ones somehow ended up $29 landed. might have been a special other retailers in us were running or something dont know. I know fox connect were running a special deal which if went through one of the discount sites ended up cheaper again. perhaps what amazon matched dont know.

I've never heard of amazon flagging accounts and cancelling accounts and such, sounds utterly ridiculous.

FACT JB and the likes will have to compete with overseas orgs like amazon as UHD blu-ray is region free....get used to it :)

They should pop up on JB's site very soon (they are up on Sanity's site now). When they do, I expect they will be a few dollars cheaper, as JB usually are cheaper than Ezydvd. JB have 20% off sales frequently enough, so for many of them you will be better off picking them up locally, based on their current pricing.

hope so....id rather buy local. and will and always have if the local option is as good or better. even if a smidgeon more I will probably buy local :)

ps as a note....I am also not sure what is going on...but amazon with all my last few UHD blu-ray orders have all come from AUSTRALIA..... i suspect they are bulk shipping now to a local drop shipping location and shipping on locally to save cost ...possibly. though who knows.

I never have asked amazon to price match. they did without asking wiht the uhf's. its their price promise. on shipping they must survey other retailers and apply the discount they will send you an email to tell you the saving. hence why my last ones somehow ended up $29 landed. might have been a special other retailers in us were running or something dont know. I know fox connect were running a special deal which if went through one of the discount sites ended up cheaper again. perhaps what amazon matched dont know.

I've never heard of amazon flagging accounts and cancelling accounts and such, sounds utterly ridiculous.

FACT JB and the likes will have to compete with overseas orgs like amazon as UHD blu-ray is region free....get used to it :)

I think you might be confusing price matching with their pre-order price guarantee. It's not Amazon's policy to price match. If they price match, it's either because they made the choice to officially dropped their price to match another retailer (which you will find they regularly don't do. Other U.S. retailers are cheaper on many occasions, but Amazon don't match), or because the customer has asked, and at their discretion they granted the request (which isn't something they agree to all the time).

There are multiple threads on Blu-ray.com about being flagged and Amazon closing accounts for excessive refunds/waived charges etc, would you like me to link you to them? I was actually given a warning by Amazon about this late last year.

Btw, not all UHD Blu-ray's will be region free. Online authentication is in the UHD Blu-Ray specs, this can be used as a form of region locking. As time goes on, some studios/distributors will choose to use the feature for some titles.

I think you might be confusing price matching with their pre-order price guarantee. It's not Amazon's policy to price match. If they price match, it's either because they made the choice to officially dropped their price to match another retailer (which you will find they regularly don't do. Other U.S. retailers are cheaper on many occasions, but Amazon don't match), or because the customer has asked, and at their discretion they granted the request (which isn't something they agree to all the time).

There are multiple threads on Blu-ray.com about being flagged and Amazon closing accounts for excessive refunds/waived charges etc, would you like me to link you to them? I was actually given a warning by Amazon about this late last year.

Btw, not all UHD Blu-ray's will be region free. Online authentication is in the UHD Blu-Ray specs, this can be used as a form of region locking. As time goes on, some studios/distributors will choose to use the feature for some titles.

FACT they price match. call it what you like if want to play semantics. I dont give a flying. reality is I got it heavily discounted landed.

FACT I cant be bothered to ask Amazon for price match so couldnt careless who they kick of their systems.

FACT UHD blu-ray are region free.

dont forget with amazon the price match they do.

Amazon.com state in their terms and conditions that they do NOT price match ( as a guarantee )

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201133150

About Price Matching

Amazon.com consistently works toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry and will match the price of other retailers for some items.

Amazon.com will price match eligible purchases of televisions with select other retailers.

For all other items, Amazon.com doesn't offer price matching.

i then clicked "YES this information was helpful"

Edited by mello yello

FACT they price match. call it what you like if want to play semantics. I dont give a flying. reality is I got it heavily discounted landed.

FACT I cant be bothered to ask Amazon for price match so couldnt careless who they kick of their systems.

FACT UHD blu-ray are region free.

I'm not in a position to quote Amazon's terms and conditions at the moment, however if you are so sure of yourself, perhaps it should be you that provides this to support your claim, and by you doing so you will discover that you are mistaken :). If you don't, I'll post it later myself ;)

Perhaps you should read up on the UHD Blu-ray online authentication/activation feature. There are 2 main threads on the topic on Blu-ray.com, one in the 4K/UHD sub-forum, and the other is in the Blu-ray player sub-forum, the title of this thread is about Oppo UHD players specifically, and how their players will (like all others) comply with this spec. It has been said that the use of the feature is entirely up to the distributor, there is little doubt that some will use this feature in the future. It is a FACT that the discs themselves are not region locked, however they don't need to be, online authentication/activation can be used to restrict access.

Edit: spelling error.

Edited by Cevolution

It's not Amazon's policy to price match. If they price match, it's either because they

I'm not in a position to quote Amazon's terms and conditions at the moment,

see post #166

you appear to be correct :)

no need to get drawn in any further mate ;-)

Sorry I didn't see it. I'm on my mobile and am trying to multitask.

no worries, i had posted probably while you were still fingertyping lol

anyway the point is you might be lucky and able to get the odd price match here and there, but not as a policy and certainly not as a guarantee from Amazon

Bit of confusion here maybe... Amazon do have a price matching policy on TV's but that seems to be all on their site;

But other sites do refer to potential price matching;
"2. On the Amazon page, scroll down to the Product Details section. At the bottom of this block of information, you should see a highlighted link that says, “Tell us about a cheaper price.” This might be listed beneath “Feedback” in the same section. Know that not all products have this option, as Price Match isn’t available for everything."
Now the last 3 products I looked at don't seem to have such a link and I don't recall seeing such a link... but apparently it does exist.
So it seems like a pretty inexact science...

Typically farcical stuff from the usual suspects......

good point... its enough for me that amazon sends me an email to clearly state they have price matched with lowest price in the market and telling me the saving I made on my purchase. and this is with no doing from me...at considerable saving over the original listed price that I pre ordered on.

perhaps they exclude muppets from this process ! I really dont know, dont care, dont have the time to be bothered any further !