Sign in to follow this  
McDigital

Reception Problems In Cafe

G'day everyone,

I've seen the boss in the café lately, He reckons he has figured it out Finally, and it seems to be working!

Simply turn off all wall lights, and down lights, and leave every other light on and it's perfect, even on Nine

So, I'm assuming something in the electrics with the lights being the problem

Glad to hear the problem is solved OP. :)

JSmith :ninja:

Edited by jsmith

Crappy LED drivers... common problem.... just sit in the dark to watch telly.....

Isn't it worse too when they have dimmers?

JSmith :ninja:

G'day all,

Thanks for your previous responses. But this is a new query about the same product

I've been providing AA batteries for the remote and have been wondering why they've going flat so quickly, not even a week it seems!

I noticed last week, that while nobody was touching it, the little LED light was flashing at the top of the remote. This seems strange and I can only imagine there's some sort of interference from something, but I've never heard of such a thing happening before

It does sit in top of a computer tower, behind the monitor, next to an EFTPOS machine, a cordless phone and a wireless internet delivery docket printer. Would my assumption be correct that these things are causing the remote to go nuts?

2 minutes ago, McDigital said:

Would my assumption be correct that these things are causing the remote to go nuts?

Use the camera function on your mobile phone to see if the IR emitter from the remote is flashing as well. Then move the remote away from the stuff to see if it still happens.

3 minutes ago, McDigital said:

I've never heard of such a thing happening before

Neither have I, but there's a first time for everything.

1 hour ago, McDigital said:

I noticed last week, that while nobody was touching it, the little LED light was flashing at the top of the remote. This seems strange and I can only imagine there's some sort of interference from something, but I've never heard of such a thing happening before

I would suspect a stuck key. Suggest you tap the various keys/buttons on the remote to try to loosen them up; and see whether that stops the flashing (and battery drain).

G'day All,

Always read the manual, as they say. I just downloaded it last night and it says "The LED light will flash when the batteries are running low"

Great....doesn't explain why a new pack of batteries doesn't last a week. Time for tougher batteries

41 minutes ago, McDigital said:

"The LED light will flash when the batteries are running low"

Like that is going to help a running low battery... :lol:

I agree with MLXXX that a button is stuck and draining the batteries. There's not much other reason apart from a short circuit... which is pretty unlikely in a remote control with band new batteries.

How old is the remote... get a new one?

JSmith :ninja:

G'day jsmith,

Apologies, didn't see this post until now

The remote came with the TV, so it's probably two years old approx.

I've downloaded a remote control app for my phone, which makes it way easier to drive the TV (thankfully the app was mentioned in the manual otherwise I wouldn't have known about it) - Now I just need to sort out how to get streaming going. I've tested casting from my mobile phone, it was too laggy on screen (but was perfect on my mobile screen) so there might be compatibility issues there

The way this is going, I'll look at a VAST box, it seems to be the only solid solution that looks (on paper) that will work