Integra Dta-70.1 Or Elektra Hd7

Hey guys, still doing a lot of research in deciding what amp to purchase.

I do know there is a lot of forum members here who love there Elektra, but how would it compare to Integra DTA-70.1.

Im more leading towards the Elektra due to a lot of good reviews.

im looking for sound quality both for HT and stereo

What's you opinion.

Edited by clinton1983

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, still doing a lot of research in deciding what amp to purchase.

I do know there is a lot of forum members here who love there Elektra, but how would it compare to Integra DTA-70.1.

Im more leading towards the Elektra due to a lot of good reviews.

im looking for sound quality both for HT and stereo

What's you opinion.

Do you need a 9ch amp Clinton ; maybe for atmos;dts x ? Apart from the vanishingly low thd figures of the elektra [ which points to a good psu] its more of a non cluttered design with short cable runs ; ime a bit biased though with a theaterhd :ike: Agree with the sentiments in this review quote ;

The DTA-70.1 should have enough power to drive most any modern loudspeaker with an efficiency of 90dB or better to theater-like levels, though if you have a larger room or inefficient loudspeakers such as electrostatics the DTA-70.1 may not be enough juice for you.

• At the end of the day you'll have to decide if the DTA-70.1's extra channels are worth the extra money, for if you don't plan on adding height or effects channels to your existing five or seven speaker setup or if bi-amping isn't important to you, then you will be throwing some of the DTA-70.1's $1,800 asking price away.

as a distinction the integer amps are not even in the same league, planet or solar system to the integra research power amps of old (that weren't actually made but onkyo/integra)

under the hood the integer/onkyo amps more akin to marantz av range of amps i.e. more like power stages on avrs. the 70.1 for instance with only a 1050w max consumption gives away its real capability. and there are many avrs that can buy with larger power stages. additionally things like onkyos power claims with dynamic power, 2 channels driven and at 1khz etc not worth comparing with anything else.

the elektra we know a conventional multi channel power amp, very best components massive power supply to back up claims. decent heat sinks and your not paying exchange rates, import costs and charges or middle men costs for importers and distributors.

much better value and a quality local product. no comparison in my opinion.

Do yourself a favour and have a look at;

https://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/xpa-7

•Power output (all 7 channels driven):

200 watts RMS per channel @ 8 ohms (0.02% THD)

315 watts RMS per channel @ 4 ohms (0.2% THD)

•Power output (two channels driven):

520 watts RMS per channel @ 8 ohms (0.1% THD)

•Rated power bandwidth: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.06 dB

•Broadband Frequency response: 5 Hz to 80 kHz, +0 -1dB

•Amplifier gain: 29 dB

•Signal to Noise Ratio:

1 watt: > 101 dB

Full power: > 117 dB

•Input impedance:

unbalanced: 23.5 kohms

balanced: 33 kohms

•Power supply:

1,700VA toroidal transformer with 120,000uF storage capacitance

Cheers

Gary

Emo $2k vs Elektra $4k

$1599 in US.

try $3k aussie for the emo by the time it gets here.

https://www.finallink.com.au/buy-EMOTIVA-XPA-7

What is price in Australia for this versus the HD2?

Tipping the HD2 is better value

the elektra is indeed better value given for your $3k for the emo you are really buying a $1599us product and paying almost twice as much only because of shipping, exchange rate and middle men to get here. at that price difference I wouldn't bother, buy once and buy well a top quality local product built to last and with top quality components.

the elektra is working very well with my htm2 bi amped :)

this is my 3rd elektra amp now, having the original theatre, the reference and now the theatron.

I only sold them originally as i got rid of all my HT stuff and went purely 2 channel.

Elektra is well built and local support is very good having dealt with Arthur on a couple of occasions now

Cant compare with emotiva though as have never tried it

I've been using Elektra power amps since 2003 without issues. I started out with 7 ch Elektra Theatre then added the 2ch reference and used that combo for about 11 years. Ended up selling them on to other forum members last year and upgraded to a new Elektra Theatre HD2 and matching Reference HD, could not be happier. Nothing wrong with the original combo but thought they had served me well and I was ready for an upgrade and wanted full balanced connections.

I've never owned the Onkyo/Integra amp, however I did have a couple of failures within warranty for an Onkyo AV receiver and pre-amp and CD players which I found disappointing.

In summary I consider the Onkyo power amp as equivalent to the built in amp stage of their flagship AV receivers but no where near as good as the Elektra. The Onkyo will however be substantially cheaper than a 2 x Elektra combo and take up less space. Number of pros and cons depending on what you want to achieve with your setup.

JDH

Edited by JDH

Don't know about prior but Pure music group, mcleans are couple come to mind as retailers. I too long time owner have had theatre 7 for 7 or so years before upgrading to the theatre hd. adding more channels for atmos can't think of s better option than adding a theatre hd2 into mix. A 4-5 channel would do but given small cost difference will go 7ch .... Leaves future options ... Who would have thought Be doing 11 channels even when bought my theatrehd

Never heard of them. I'm in TAS. One store, a few brands.

Well there's two stores. But the last time I tried to buy the X4000 it was double the price and they "didn't carry that model in stock"..... So I've not been back there

Edited by Jutta

Hi JDH,

Who did you get your Elektras off ... The couple of dealers I have contacted no longer carry them and Prior hasn't been around for some time ... I think his PM box is full.

I bought my HD from Cleff Hifi. It was a lot less than their advertised price.

How would the Anthem MCA50 compare against the Elektra? Would anyone pick the diff seriously or anyone actually had both for comparison?

in a lot of ways along similar lines to the elektra in spec, just 5 channels, good honest design with decent heat sinking, good quality decent sized power supply and caps...would have to compare both if get the chance

in melbourne i know puremusicgroup sell them

and melbourne hi fi have them listed also

Not sure Arthur sells direct, but he may well have started.

I think thats always been one of his downfalls, that his advertising and online presence is non existent...or maybe he just like it this way