Power Sound Audio Subs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a fair price would be about 2-2.5k.

My currency convertor puts $1300 US at under $1800 AUS.

I think most here would agree.Im not paying nearly double the US retail price.

Not trying to be anal,was just expecting a lower price.Was wanting to buy,but will look

elsewhere now.

I think a fair price would be about 2-2.5k.

My currency convertor puts $1300 US at under $1800 AUS.

I think most here would agree.Im not paying nearly double the US retail price.

Not trying to be anal,was just expecting a lower price.Was wanting to buy,but will look

elsewhere now.

I agree that the prices seem steep, however if you were to pay for the v1800 to be imported by yourself you would probably be looking at around $2500 or more and then if there's warranty issues you need to get it back to the US yourself

Hmmm ... Not so sure ... Shipping could be way more than $300 ... Checkout the Seaton prices, guarantee you they work out to much more than the offer here.

At the end of the day no one HAS to buy them.

Last person quoted $1000 per item for shipping Seaton

I've shipped cars from the states for not much more

What's that got to do with the final price here in Australia

They ship them over via container on a ship

Doesn't cost them that much per unit

I shipped half a container from Holland 15 years ago and it cost twice that amount ... Not so sure your impressions are an accurate reflection of the circumstances and cost.

Perhaps contact Power Sound and get a quote if you really want to know.

You are being unrealistic if you expect pricing parity with the US ... Reality is Australia is a captured market and the "Australia Tax" is why companies set up shop here.

Edited by Mr Robot

I've shipped cars from the states for not much more

What's that got to do with the final price here in Australia

They ship them over via container on a ship

Doesn't cost them that much per unit

Yeah a 40ft container from the west coast of the US is around 3 grand US, plus customs clearance and all the fees.

Around 5 grand AUD plus GST and any tariffs etc. But if you're shippingg 60-80 units, per unit isn't much at all at $60-$80 each.

Far less again if you can get more in the container. or do an LCL shipment and pay per cubic metre.

I'd say the $1000 for shipping was via fedex via air not sea.

That's my point.

If it's $1300 U.S. Retail including shipping

And let's say the Aus distributor is paying $100 per unit shipping

I'm sick of paying the Aussie tax,and won't out of principal.

Will just look elsewhere

Totally understandable, but there isn't anything comparable manufactured here ... Perhaps Red Spade (Mark Spencer) might produce something comparable or better, but I don't know?

Hi Guys.

Our mission with Power Sound Audio (PSA) is to supply their products at similar prices (less where possible) as if self-importing and to supply local back-up and support if ever required. Oz prices can never be similar to US retail (US retail prices do not reflect US state taxes which are added after the sale) as PSA are not a wholesale to retail model.

Our Ice model pricing has supported this philosophy (prices same as self-importing) and if after receiving actual shipping charges we can pass on any further savings we will. The 70 cents exchange rate hurts us all big time (both for stock and shipping charges) on the new Ice models. X series prices reflect our previous shipments when exchange rates were simply so much better.

As we get closer to the early November container's arrival we'll see about posting a DTV member price for all models.

Please feel free to email me at any time.

Peter.

Hey guys,

Thought I'd pass on some feedback I've had from Tom.V of Power Sound Audio about how the V1800 compares to the SVS PB13 Ultra and my current sub, a Velodyne CHT15R ( a popular and well reviewed sub in its day, paid $1700 for it )

He had this to say about the V1800 vs PB13 Ultra "I know we're behind in website updates but the 16-100hz of the V1800 is approx double the pb13u(20hz mode)...weighted to the upper bass. If you ever have the chance, try em' side by side and let us know your thoughts.."

And this about V1800 vs CHT15 R "Best guess would be 15-17hz versus 30-32hz in terms of extension----so about one full octave. And this isn't 5hz versus 10hz where we might here a difference in 0.5% of movies for a few seconds. The 15-30hz octave is commonplace and this will make a HUGE difference with a majority of modern films. In terms of output...I'd say you'll be around 6x more.

Perhaps most importantly I believe you'll find the overall sound QUALITY to be audibly improved as well----even with relatively low maste volume levels. Pop in your favorite music concert disc and let us know.."

So I guess although initially a sub like the V1800 seems expensive, when you compare it's performance to what else is available in Aus it still stacks up fairly well I think. Plus with predications that the Aus dollar could go down to 60 cents US , it could mean getting in now on pre-order pricing might be a good idea

Cheers ?

Hey guys which PSA sub would compare to the HSU VTF-15H MK2

performance wise,Just exploring my options.Reviews seem very good.

The XV15SE or the V1500 would probably offer similar output levels to the VTF-15H MK2, I haven't heard any of them so can't comment on how they sound

Cheers