Next Generation Jvc's: X5000/7000/9000

1 hour ago, Satanica said:

They produce sharper images because they come with a nice new clean lens :D

Well depending on who you believe (AL says an expert said the X7000 and X7500 have the same lens) ... or are you suggesting people need to clean their lenses !?!?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, MrC said:

Well depending on who you believe (AL says an expert said the X7000 and X7500 have the same lens) ... or are you suggesting people need to clean their lenses !?!?

Well yeah, it might make their old projectors look at bit sharper compared to their new one ;)

3 minutes ago, Satanica said:

Well yeah, it might make their old projectors look at bit sharper compared to their new one ;)

Maybe and maybe not.  Perhaps wishful thinking of those with the older models too :lol:

Just now, MrC said:

Maybe and maybe not.  Perhaps wishful thinking of those with the older models too :lol:

Sure, so perhaps wishful thinking on those who have just spent thousands of dollars yet again :)

Just now, Satanica said:

Sure, so perhaps wishful thinking on those who have just spent thousands of dollars yet again :)

Yep it goes both ways.  It is funny isn't that not many people trash or bag the significant purchase they have just made.  Then again I sometimes laugh when so much gear is 'upgraded' or traded here after only a couple of months.

When did the 7500 get released? And when is the new Jvc model next due? This year or next year?

The x500 models have been out a few months I'm sure. They seem to drop around FEB each year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont have a x5000, but i reported 3 months to oppo the issue, not sure what was done, make sure have latest update and report to them if still an issue.

it actually does it when i play it through the xbox one also. tried both with hdmi direct to x5000

thats why i think it was x5000 related.

Edited by STAINLESS

16 minutes ago, STAIN0 said:

it actually does it when i play it through the xbox one also. tried both with hdmi direct to x5000

thats why i think it was x5000 related.

maybe something else going on then....

with the oppo i cant imagine they didnt solve a base problem like this pretty early up, so any issue like that would be sorted otherwise picked up with latest comparisons with pana etc would think.

Just to make sure I am talking about the right thing.

The outter black bars in pic below, do not show for me at any brightness setting.

This means below black is being clipped yes?

image.jpg

Edited by STAINLESS

The projector does not "clip" blacks unless you set it to.

When properly calibrated black level (video level 16) is set at the lowest level the projector can display, any lower level should be clipped because the display cant go any darker.

You absolutely should not be able to see any level below video black.

Edited by Owen

13 hours ago, STAIN0 said:

Just to make sure I am talking about the right thing.

The outter black bars in pic below, do not show for me at any brightness setting.

This means below black is being clipped yes?

image.jpg

stainless i hope a dve user comes along to help answer your question, if not pop over on avs, will likely find an entire thread devoted and plenty people there using that can help you wiht the specifics to understand what you are seeing... or shouldnt be seeing using the system :)

Yes,if you are based in melb I can forward you details of the service centre that will update for you,and load the BT 2020 update for you ,JVC will pick up the tab,I have no Internet at home do this was my only option,PITA to have to take it all down as ceiling mount here ,also I believe Juddy had his done same place

I did the update about 12 months ago and been enjoying since :)

jvc have detailed instructions on cables required and procedure, which can be pointed to. have to follow to the letter or can brick your unit. otherwise get jvc to do for you as has been suggested by muri, probably the safest and cheapest option :)

ps there are also specific settings required for the samsung as well, again these can be pointed to if needed.

the samsung is cheap and will do all its supposed to do. just need to bung in the settings suggested. its also region modable. the pana can go for about 3x the price and not region modable. the pana is ultimately the better player ...but comes at a cost :) the sammy also comes with more media capabilities like do on their tvs.

id have no qualms suggesting either...

7 hours ago, steffanth said:

cheers guys.  I am in perth and have contacted jvc to find the service agent here.  i am not ceiling mounted so its not too big a deal.  i havnt decided on the samsung or panasonic uhd player yet........i need to do some more research and weigh up the pros and cons of each.  What are you guys using?

If you can wait a few weeks you can get the new pana without the exxy frills ; would go with its advanced processing and video audio file playback [ seems good like my ub900]

http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/home-entertainment/blu-ray-and-dvd-players/dmp-ub300gnk.html

3 hours ago, steffanth said:

I can definitely wait a few weeks...thanx for flagging that up as i am more inclined to go the pana than the samsung......based on what i have read

No worries ; the Samsung will be a superseded model soon and the new one is much the same :)

21 hours ago, steffanth said:

so i contacted JVC Australia on friday Re: firmware upgrade to get the benefit of the rec2020 colour palette and find out where the perth service centres are.  Peter from JVC took the time to call me and have a chat and said while technically the firmware update is not warranty as it is adding a new feature.  He did however tell me to get the service centre (once i had picked one of the three in perth) to contact him and he would see what he could do.  So i got a return email from the service centre today and they said they had spoken to Peter and they will do the firmware upgrade for me under warranty.  My loved projector is now with the service centre.  I am extremely happy with the service provided by JVC and their after sales willingness to help out (i had some hdmi handshake issues with my x500 which they also put alot of effort into helping me fix).  Its really nice to experience such care and attention to a costomer post sales and its one of the reasons i will stick with JVC over other similarry prices and specced units.  They have won my loyalty......twice now

Good stuff Steffan.

Agree with Al here ( as usual ). In the early days of ownership , when Al and i were amongst the first in the world to actually own an X7000, I had a few issues getting things up and running and Peter was very helpful ( though his experience with the new units was pretty limited at the time as well. LOL.)

Would definitely recommend JVC Australia on a customer service basis. Getting the firmware update under warranty saves the $50+ I spent getting the null cable. 

And the reality is that there likely be no further firmware updates for this series with the arrival of the next generation, despite the CMD vertical banding issue that really does need fixing.

1 hour ago, IMDave said:

And the reality is that there likely be no further firmware updates for this series with the arrival of the next generation, despite the CMD vertical banding issue that really does need fixing.

hi dave i noticed in the new series jvc thread on avs, 2 existing issues... autocal that doesnt work and the CMD banding so likely they will still get a firmware update. well I hope they do for the new series.

but yes suspect for our series here, unlikely anymore updates to worry about :) so if can get done much better idea to get done by jvc. less stress. no cost... just the time away... which if can plan leaves without too much down time.

4 minutes ago, steffanth said:

well i dropped mine off at the service centre yesterday and just got the email to say its ready to pick up.  Shame i wont have the time to pick it up today....will have to wait for tomorrow arvo.

thats an awesome turnaround :)

42 minutes ago, steffanth said:

the projector is limited to 4k 30 f/s

its not actually :)

just matter of setting the pana for 4k 50/60 in the hdmi settings :) its something the pana asks you when booting up for first time. whether you want to allow 4k 50/60 if said no, then can re select anytime in the pana menu to allow.