What Channel And Frequency To Use For A Dvb-T Modulator

What suburb are you in?

I ask this because every block of 6 channels are used either in Melbourne or for high power transmitters in Ballarat, Bendigo and Tararalgon.

looks like http://www.matchmaster.com.au/commercial/headend-equipment/14mm-dm05 If it is then use 212.5 MHz (Channel 10) with a 7 MHz bandwidth. If the output filter is not narrow enough then use A UHF channel which will depend on your location.

Alanh

Pheggie,

The stronger signals in your area are Block A channels 6 - 12 from Mt Dandenong and Block block D channels 40 - 46 from Arthur's Seat, Block C channels 34 - 39 from Upwey and Selby. Very high power from Mt Tassie block B channels 28

- 33 Geelong is block E channels 46 - 51. These are all the available TV channels with those from channel 52 and above for 700 MHz Wireless Internet which is only starting this year.

I would use channel 51 or (channel 32 after "channel 31" goes off the air and on to the internet. These channels are unallocated at present and the Geelong signal is not strong enough to reach you over Port Phillip Bay. Mt Tassie has a terrain blocking.

Alanh

Pheggie, Is this in a domestic or commercial situation?

I would ensure that I wasn't getting any uhf from your antenna and use whatever you want as you're unlikely to be getting a strong enough signal to cause interference via your cabling.

That said I'd stay away from block D and E. usually anything from 27-31 is pretty safe around melbourne but I have sites with 40+ modulated channels and if they are filtered and mixed properly you don't have issues

It's for home use I'm using C51 and injecting Modulator in to my aerial system with a splitter using output as input in reverse haven't noticed any reception issues in any channels