Sign in to follow this  

Jurassic World.............

The first half an hour into the movie was really slow, nearly fall asleep! the story is almost the same plot as the previous one, wonder why they made so much money, sometimes it's just luck to the producers ?

The first half an hour into the movie was really slow, nearly fall asleep! the story is almost the same plot as the previous one, wonder why they made so much money, sometimes it's just luck to the producers ?

Dinosaurs have always been a drawcard and it had been a while since the last one. $1.6 Billion worldwide is pretty damn impressive.

Walked right past the disc in jb Hifi earlier ... Didn't bother stopping to bother to even look at it.

Walked right past the disc in jb Hifi earlier ... Didn't bother stopping to bother to even look at it.

I am surprised at this. In comparison to San Andreas, it was Shakespeare :lol: Very watchable :)

I am surprised at this. In comparison to San Andreas, it was Shakespeare :lol: Very watchable :)

hehe !

unfortunately I made the mistake of watching it in one of those little cinemas on a ferry on the way to tassie and still trying to forget the experience :lol:

hehe !

unfortunately I made the mistake of watching it in one of those little cinemas on a ferry on the way to tassie and still trying to forget the experience :lol:

The last time I went to tazzie, the cinema on board was totally unacceptable ... A poorly adjusted epson with light pouring in from the door ... Was it any better when you went?

Edited by Mr Robot

actually the ferry has had an upgrade...turns out was running a jvc ! but very unfortunately possibly due to improper installation its image wasnt fully fitting the screen. a little bit crooked even...and then to top off they play the DVD layer :o

because of the judder motion of the ship the entire time the image was shuddering !

audio wise the theatre has had an upgrade as well. some sort of B&Ws around but very oddly placed, volume was feeble and no bass to speak off let alone sub bass or anything.

of an I should mention the screen...again no doubt because of poor install..was a bit bigger than our plasma at home and but quite a bit smaller than our projector screen ...and I run not what I would call a large screen by any means ! how anyone could setup to project a jvc on such a small screen is beyond me !

trying to forget the experience...ok didnt pay much and it was time to kill..but I so much rather I did not....but it has left a bad memory of the film in question and watching again will no doubt bring those back !

So sad ... I was actually looking forward to it and was very disappointed ... similar to what you describe, it could be so much better with a tiny amount of pride and maintenance.

Tassie is for more entertaining than the 'cinema' on the Spirit.

Tassie is for more entertaining than the 'cinema' on the Spirit.

enjoyed the week in tassie, and made sure I never visited the cinema on the way back !

enjoyed the week in tassie, and made sure I never visited the cinema on the way back !

Agree, I wouldn't bother with it, especially given your report and Tassie is a great place otherwise. I'd move there if I could find work.

Loved this movie, reminded me a lot of the first....but that's what made it great!.

Comedy factor was great as well, Chris Pratt is AWESOME!. New dino's made it even better......Plot was good, not great but I certainly enjoyed it regardless!.

That end scene had me sitting on the edge of my seat :).............it literally bought out the little kid in me lol. So much so, i ended up elbowing my niece in her arm in excitement hahaha.

Cant wait to watch it on my system this weekend, as I heard the PQ and AQ is awesome!....>....Guys on AVS are giving it a thumbs up :)..............although my Integra 80.3 is at JLS electronics getting repaired lol.....My OZTS 140" scope screen will be arriving this Thursday and im using an old pre hdmi onkyo amp for sound atm lol :)

Hope everyone is well! :)...............It has been a while since Ive posted. But since ive settled in our new home finally. I got some free time..................oh hang on lol..............I got tons of landscaping to do lol.

Edited by buddhamus

Loved this movie, reminded me a lot of the first....but that's what made it great!.

Comedy factor was great as well, Chris Pratt is AWESOME!. New dino's made it even better......Plot was good, not great but I certainly enjoyed it regardless!.

That end scene had me sitting on the edge of my seat :).............it literally bought out the little kid in me lol. So much so, i ended up elbowing my niece in her arm in excitement hahaha.

Cant wait to watch it on my system this weekend, as I heard the PQ and AQ is awesome!....>....Guys on AVS are giving it a thumbs up :)..............although my Integra 80.3 is at JLS electronics getting repaired lol.....My OZTS 140" scope screen will be arriving this Thursday and im using an old pre hdmi onkyo amp for sound atm lol :)

Hope everyone is well! :)...............It has been a while since Ive posted. But since ive settled in our new home finally. I got some free time..................oh hang on lol..............I got tons of landscaping to do lol.

Congrats on moving in Budd, good to see you.