Jurassic World.............

Post deleted - member suspended.

Mate, thin skins and the agendas of one person beyond this thread aside:

You know as much as me that so much of a soundtrack is lost without a decent sub. I'd suggest that most of the enjoyment in this film is due to the below 80hz lfe that a tv by itself just doesn't produce.

Jurassic World is nothing in the order of Mad Max, but it's a keeper imho and going by this thread in all but one members opinion.

Edited by Guest
Quote deleted

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better read the thread then Chopsus... as many have said they didn't like it across the 4 pages. :rolleyes:

JSmith :ninja:

Who besides you buddy?

Jutta gave it 2/5 but will still buy it, the overwhelming majority of this thread has been positive, beyond your continual, personal attacks on those who have expressed otherwise. I think you need break Smithy you are far from the positive contributor you used to be.

Edited by Guest

Who besides you buddy?

Jutta gave it 2/5 but will still buy it, the overwhelming majority of this thread has been positive, beyond your continual, personal attacks on those who have expressed otherwise. I think you need break Smithy you are far from the positive contributor you used to be.

I'll stick to 2/5 as a movie..... as an installment of JP I'd say it's a 3.5/5. Looks and sounds good and it's stupid brainless fun.

Fave movie of the year is easily The Martian by a long way currently.

As I said champ, read up... all will become clear. :)

Seems it's a problem for you that some of us don't like JW? :wacko:

Jutta gave it 2/5 but will still buy it, the overwhelming majority of this thread has been positive

seems to be a fair assessment of whats been said ... I don't see why you think otherwise, let alone a problem for anyone?

Edited by The Barstool Executioner

For me the film not only lost it on the CGI and colour grading, but about half way through many of the characters seems to become brainless... clearly a script writing issue right there. As for a quick CGI laded popcorn flick... ok I suppose, but there's better even in that genre. It pales in comparison to the original as had every sequel in the JP franchise.

I might buy it in a few years when it's $8...

seems to be a fair assessment of whats been said...

Yep... I did say I'd buy a copy of JW eventually, just not @$28+. ;)

I'd probably agree with Jutta, CM and others with a 2/5.

I am getting rather tired of the vitriol around here... I love this forum, it's my favourite forum to visit. It is inappropriate that every time some of us try to discuss something technical about a film that we get harassed for doing so. It really is poor form... :hmm:

I am getting rather tired of the vitriol around here... I love this forum, it's my favourite forum to visit. It is inappropriate that every time some of us try to discuss something technical about a film that we get harassed for doing so. It really is poor form... :hmm:

Mate, I did not see that at all, even in the deleted posts ... you were doing you fair share to keep the bickering going and if you can't see that then Chopsus is right and you need a holiday :yes:

edit: perhaps you should review, what is left, of what everyone has said?

Smithy, everyone is allowed their own space to express themselves, right or wrong whatever their personal opinions may be, but if a technical correction is needed then that's another thing in itself.

All we are doing in this thread is expressing a personal opinion of a film and the over pricing of a piece of plastic.

Hardly something to get ruffled over.......and, we are free to change our opinion anytime we wish.........just give me some money.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

C.M

Edited by Tweet

everyone is allowed their own space to express themselves, right or wrong whatever their personal opinions may be...

Agreed... which is why I posted this a few days ago. I should be given the same space as others expect...

I thought forums were for actually discussing the topics and having opinions...

I never said my opinion was correct or that others should adopt it.

I tried to post a YT video about Jurrasic World and it's use of CGI... the next comment was "who gives a f***". That is hardly fostering discussion is it?

I was involved in a long and technical discussion on this subject of CGI and JW @ WP and thought some members here may be interested in a similar discussion... but it appears not.

Instead I got insulted by a recently suspended member...

The "ruffled feathers" here are to do with the personal attacks and thinly veiled insults... nothing to do with having an opinion on the film.

It seems the days of having a frank and technical discussion around here are gone... :hmm:

The "ruffled feathers" here are to do with the personal attacks and thinly veiled insults... nothing to do with having an opinion on the film.

Again jsmith, please review the thread and you will find that you are just as guilty as others in this regard. Many of your thinly veiled insults remain intact.

... You could always go back to posting your thinly veiled insults (by way of claiming certain unpopular titles as bargains) in the Blu Ray Bargains thread mate ... You don't think they were missed do you? they are still all there for anyone to see.

You keep wanting to put on the pretense of not being involved in the trolling, but you quite clearly are, so it's about time you stopped claiming otherwise methinks.

NOW, can you please allow this thread to get back on topic rather than continually use it to claim you have been slighted in order to try to get others banned?

Did anyone else see this in the cinema with black bars at the top and bottom of the screen?

I complained at my local cinema and they said there was nothing they could do as the film was shot at a 2:1 ratio ... If my little setup at home can scale to any screen size then why can't their multi thousand digital cinema?

Bought the blu-ray today and noticed the aspect ratio was also 2.00:1. Almost half way between the two common formats. :hmm:

I wonder why? Something to do with IMAX or 3D perhaps?

"IGN: Can you tell us anything about how the film will look?

We’re shooting 35mm and 65mm film. We’re also using an aspect ratio that hasn’t been seen theatrically in a very long time. The movie will be presented in 2 to 1. It’s basically a middle ground between 2.35 and 1.85. It allows us enough height to fit humans and dinosaurs into a single frame, without giving up that sense of scope. It’s very close to the ratio of the digital IMAX screens, so it will look great in large format. I think other filmmakers will want to give it a try when they see how it looks. It’s very comfortable"

http://jurassicworld.org/?id=143

I wonder why? Something to do with IMAX or 3D perhaps?

IIRC the original Jurrasics were the same AR or close to 16:9. On my system 16:9 or 2:1 zoomed slightly to fill the screen are best for 3D given the added brightness of the full pj frame.

Edited by Guest