Jurassic World.............

Perhaps this is because the item is being sold by a marketplace seller Movies and Games Plus, and not Big W directly. We all know that Australian online retail services are pretty lacking in many areas, so I don't know why anyone would bother to bicker over it. We all choose to live where we do, and this will sometimes come with disadvantages. When a title is cheaper in store than it is online by a substantial margin (and you don't have access to the retailer nearby), surely you have a friend or two on here that could pick you up a copy and post it to you for a couple of bucks (on Blu-ray.com members do it for each other all the time, isn't this site friendly enough for members to want to do this for one another?). If you don't have someone on here that would be willing to do this for you when you need it, perhaps being quick to throw around the word troll over something so minor has something to do with it ;):)

Edit: Removed two words from a sentence, to help it flow better.

Edited by Cevolution

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished watching this at home in 3D. Fantastic transfer. A way better film than I was expecting.

In terms of 3D PQ, no ghosting or annoying anomalies at all. Super bright picture - although most of the 3D visual was "into" the screen.

Loved it!

I had a mate that apparently stood up and cheered with the rest of the patrons at the cinema at the final scenes........ I on the other hand really disliked the ending.

Lucky to get a 2/5 from me

Edited by Jutta

This may be so but in store at Big W Burleigh Heads the price is $28. Their online store should get on the same page!!

online = rural and regional are are always gouged as second class citizens.

feigned offence

Huh? :huh:

I don't believe Bris007 meant anything of the sort... you carry on about taking the thread off topic when it was you who did so. You can't make such comments without expecting a retort of some kind. To then carry on like some kind of martyr rather than just backing up your original comments with facts simply shows you cannot do so.

Clearly we were all just discussing Jurassic World itself, the merits of CGI and pricing of the bluray release.

Is all this just because Yorac started this thread? If so let us all know and we'll start a new one ok? :unsure:

This video discusses some very interesting points regarding use of CGI in Jurassic World, particularly how we perceive it;

JSmith :ninja:

who gives a ****.........

if you dont like it, dont watch it.

if you dont like the price, dont buy it.

i enjoyed the film, so i will buy it to enjoy again.

I still bought it. Just watched it with my son. He enjoyed it.

Bit disappointed with the scenes running over the menu at the start of the bluray. I'd avoid looking at those of you haven't seen the movie before watching as it gives up much of the story and highlights in just a few short cuts. But maybe that's me. I even try to avoid the trailers for movies I want to see. Rather the surprise of watching it.

Anyway looks pretty tidy on bluray. Only watched the 2D. Both 3D glasses have been broken by the kids, snapped wings......very flimsy design.

who gives a ****.........

if you dont like it, dont watch it.

if you dont like the price, dont buy it.

i enjoyed the film, so i will buy it to enjoy again.

Sorry Browny, I thought forums were for actually discussing the topics and having opinions... my apologies. :hmm:

For me the film not only lost it on the CGI and colour grading, but about half way through many of the characters seems to become brainless... clearly a script writing issue right there. As for a quick CGI laded popcorn flick... ok I suppose, but there's better even in that genre. It pales in comparison to the original as had every sequel in the JP franchise.

I might buy it in a few years when it's $8...

Everyone has an opinion..

Depending on what rose coloured classes you are wearing they are correct or not.

mixo

+1

Watched this last night and was impressed ... Just don't get what or why some would bother arguing over it.

Just gotta love those big lizards through a Seaton F2

Bit disappointed with the scenes running over the menu at the start of the bluray. I'd avoid looking at those of you haven't seen the movie before watching as it gives up much of the story and highlights in just a few short cuts. But maybe that's me. I even try to avoid the trailers for movies I want to see. Rather the surprise of watching it.

Wow, thanks for the heads up!

For me the film not only lost it on the CGI and colour grading, but about half way through many of the characters seems to become brainless... clearly a script writing issue right there.

So continuing on perfectly with the franchise then! :D

Ah, here comes the thugish, elitist comment... getting bored with the Facebook page are you guys?

You have no idea what my system is comprised of... best not to judge huh? Really, trying to attack someone based on their system is very poor form.

you wonder why I don't put pics of my entire system on a public forum

well that is sad people cant show their systems.

Everyone has different tastes and more importantly different budgets.

Are there so many snobs on this forum?

Whats so bad about a person enjoying a HT system worth 1000 or 100K?

In the end both people are enjoying what they have.

I love seeing peoples setups, everyone is different and that's the beauty of it.

mixo

You are correct , gone way to the left...or is that to the right...

Have to make time to watch this, is it kid friendly(6 and a 7 yo) ?

mixo

Yeah may be a bit "scary" for the little ones... depends on what they're used to seeing I suppose too.