Sign in to follow this  
Croc

Going Crazy With Screen Choices Please Help

installed w1070+, on creamy wall it looked great, if it wasn't for bunch of power points i would consider just leaving it on the wall.

got my first screen, build quality not too bad but screen viewing angles are shocking due to ugly hot spotting.

I'm returning the screen tomorrow but question is what do i replace it without without spending big?

i was almost sold on going selby but just seen report in one of the threads that it hot spots as well, so looks like instead of $300 i would spend $460 for more less same junk?

i really can't believe my ugly wall produce better picture than fixed frame projector screen and i'm at loss what to do.

all i want is screen that doesn't have horrid hotspots, don't need any crazy ambient light absorption properties, ability to watch it with all light on and so on.....

really didn't want to go over $700

EDIT: 110"

TIA

Edited by Croc

thanks beejay would prefer to buy locally, really want to get one in next couple of days

Hi, a method I am considering is using a second hand frame and placing fabric for something from oz theatre. Great product to fit within my budget. Just an idea but that may take you more than a couple of days to round up parts.

I was looking at thier screens the other day and was suitably impressed ... I'd love to hear from some owners, but for the price they charge I can't see any downside to their screens.

Edited by Will Graham

Cable Connection

They don't have 110" in stock :(

It was first place I went for

I was looking at thier screens the other day and was suitably impressed ... I'd love to hear from some owners, but for the price they charge I can't see any downside to their screens.

Cable connection or Selby?

What's the hurry? Find what best suits your application, within your budget, and then wait for it to arrive. Really, getting one out of the U.S. is a quick process. My screen arrived here in Perth from the U.S. within a couple of days of ordering. Quicker than if I had of ordered ex Melbourne.

Very happy owner of the TCC screen. Have the 110" and is a great display imho. Have also seen the Showtime TCC screen and they are probably marginally better.