Benq 1300 Vs 1400 Model

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what are the pros and cons of these 2 projectors.

they look similar on paper but in the real world?

I will be in a living room situation with a 120-125" screen.

thanks

Mixo

Edited by mixo

hmm the 1300 was an upgrade to the first 1070.. (now replaced by the 1070+) it supposedly had a better picture, slightly different focusing blah blah than the 1070 but was a longer focal distance ( the 1070 gave a bigger picture than the 1300 at the same set up distance)

the 1400 is the middle level pj for benq.. the 1300 is technically below the 1400. the 1400 has a bigger body, higher power use, better picture quality better hardware... but it retains the closer set up ability of the 1070.. that is the 1400 will have a bigger picture than the 1300 at the same distance.

as for online gaming the 1400 has more lag than the 1300. the 1300 has same lag as the 1070

just from my own research... (1070 owner)

W1400 also has frame interpolation and slightly better zoom ratio. Image/lens shift is pretty much identical to that of the W1070. As for that extra $500 for the W1400 - yeah, that's what you'd need to spend if you needed the flexibility of a longer zoom. I haven't seen anything else that comes close to W1070 for value. Check projector central website for image throw calculations.

If you wait around a bit, you might see the W1400 for $1299 again on BenQ website.

Got plenty of time , house doesn't get built till November.

I could save a packet on a projector buying w1070+.

I loved the JVC when i saw it but i haven't got 5K in loose change at the moment.

I also like the Epson projectors, but then go into the whos is longer argument DLP vs LCD.

Decisions decisions..

mixo

p.s hopefully there will be a group buy around the 1500 - 2300 mark soon...missed out on the benq 7500 runout.

I Heard that a new model is coming out the W1350 and will retail for 2K.

Anyone know about this one?

Supposed to be out by the end of the month.

Should I wait or get the run-out model?

mixo

p.s looked at the euro site of benq and i can see they have added wireless and upped the lumens to 2500

Edited by mixo

thats probably why the 1070+ is an upgraded model.. not the next level up.. as for 2k? well the aussie dollar may have something to say about the price. but as has happened many times NO ONE SERIOUSLY BUYS THE FIRST MODEL ON RELEASE. a few months later competition will bring it down lousy dollar or not.

i think you seriously need to decide your price range and only look for pjs that fit it. it will drive you crazy looking at everything existing, new and not yet released. what ever you buy will be great.. your friends will think the same and you will wonder why you worried so much.. :-)

oh the lumen increase is the logical step as pjs are being made and sold for "entertainment rooms" ie not the old bat caves the higher end pjs live in.

Edited by hopefullguy

Well this is going in a living room not a dedicated HT room.

Maybe the extra lumens helps for my situation?

My budget is 2.5K with screen so even if it goes up to 2k I can afford it. But still prefer to save the cash and get something else.

mixo

I am leaning to a w1300 seen it in action next to a jvc and to my eyes there is no $4000 difference(yes there is a difference in PQ)

I heard the new one is coming out(W1350) so I am hoping i can pick you up around the 1K mark.

mixo

p.s i did see the w7500 on benq site and was temped to about 30 sec..seen one in action and I thought the w1300 was better and the epson 6600 in the next room.

well they are 1400 retail now.

maybe wishful thinking but hey 20% off will bring it tad over 1100..

I'm not in a rush and I have budgeted for more but the money i save I could get something else like a good BD player or Speaker I need.

mixo