Sign in to follow this  
Peterpack

Tauris Projector Screens

This should be somewhat better, 2 year warranty..

I wouldn't recommend any electric or pull-down screen that was not tab tensioned.

I tried a Tauris motorised screen. Presumably similar materials and construction?

It looked great in my local HN, nice and flat with a heavy bar. However the one I received had really bad curling on the edges and a couple of major ripples.

Tauris acknowledged the issue and replaced it with one from a new batch. However it also had the same problems. And the third one was the same!

In the end HN and Tauris were fine with giving me a full refund but I was really disappointed with the quality.

I'm back to projecting onto the wall....

I wouldn't recommend any electric or pull-down screen that was not tab tensioned.

How much would i have to pay for a 120 inch 16 x 9 tab tensioned pull down screen ?

How much would i have to pay for a 120 inch 16 x 9 tab tensioned pull down screen ?

I use Stewart, all their electric screens are tab tensioned. However they are way outside your price point ($10k-ish for electric 120 inch). There maybe different manufacturers that offer tab tensioned pull-down screens, which others here might be able to offer suggestions on.

thanks mate, yeah i think they will be out of my price range

i really am only going to have an entry level projector and screen package so it's not going to be top quality

Entry level projectors can be quite good. But they all turn to rubbish if you use an entry level projection screen. Buy the best screen you can't afford, it will last many years, unlike most projectors.