Sign in to follow this  
MKSOUND_HT

Isf Calibration Basics

I had my BenQ PE8720 calibrated by a Pro, it made a huge difference.

When I upgraded to JVC HD550 the picture out of the box was perfectly acceptable.

I own CalMan software and a calibrated colorimeter. Complete waste of time and money. Just get a Pro to do it.

hi mate, who did you call for the calibration? how much was it? i was thinking of calling someone to calibrate mine properly. cheers

Just now, Satanica said:

I didn't find one :(

Where are you?  

The page used be by country and then would list every ISF dealer in Australia.  It seems the page now finds locals using an IP address.  

2 minutes ago, CAVX said:

Where are you?  

The page used be by country and then would list every ISF dealer in Australia.  It seems the page now finds locals using an IP address.  

Darwin.

Just now, Satanica said:

Darwin.

Yeah wow, I don't think there is anyone up  that way and a long way to go for a single calibration job.  

TV or projector?

8 minutes ago, CAVX said:

Yeah wow, I don't think there is anyone up  that way and a long way to go for a single calibration job.  

TV or projector?

Yeah, I've got a JVC X7000. I've done the JVC Auto-Cal but I'm not kidding myself that it couldn't be improved upon with a proper manual one.

I have advised other to DIY calibration, but  it seems too scary a thought to actually do it for most.

Funds spent proportional to gear is the major factor.

On 15/09/2017 at 9:10 AM, Satanica said:

Yeah, I've got a JVC X7000. I've done the JVC Auto-Cal but I'm not kidding myself that it couldn't be improved upon with a proper manual one.

If I can get at least one more job up in Darwin lined up, I might just have to jump on a plane.  A friend in Darwin just bought himself and Panna OLED TV and really wants it calibrated.  

Anybody else tried using the 10,000 nit test pattern from the Diversified Video Solutions UHD/HDR-10 Test disc?

http://diversifiedvideosolutions.com/dvs_uhdhdr-10.html

I've tried it twice now, [I have it as MP4 files on a USB Flash drive] and both times when it's been plugged into my Panasonic UB4000 disc player, it's played for a few moments, then the disc player and Panasonic TV have both decided to reset / shut down, in a sort of mutual self preservation mode.

It's the Disc player that craps itself first.

@dreamz well considering your in Melbourne, call mike from Avical (google it) he’s coming up to Canberra on Friday to do 3 tv’s at my place, nice guy and does good work.