Isf Calibration Basics

54 minutes ago, poppybob said:

Hi all,
Asked this question before but couldn’t work out the answer. When I have my JVC calibrated will I need one input calibrated for HDR disc and another for regular 1080p discs.

not one input for uhd blu-ray and one for 1080p, you just have to have it calibrated for both formats as HDR and WCG needs different calibration to SDR blu-ray

7 minutes ago, Benje said:

I don't know Poppybob, but Rec709 was telling me this week that an OLED (4K) could have a 1080P and a 4K setting, to get the best out of HDR10.

I have no idea whether the difference is significant or not at this stage. I haven't ad my set professionally calibrated.

it will definitely have two settings. on some sets it will detect HDR and swap to the HDR setup. others its just a click of a button to swap settings :) 

53 minutes ago, poppybob said:

Thanks Al, what are your thoughts on the tone mapping feature in the UHD players for instance the Panasonic. I know the new JVC have it however I only have the x9900.

poppy I used the tone mapping on the oppo and it was not something very impressed with. much happier with what I managed with what I could dial up myself :)