Hdmi Or Wireless

Hey guys, I asked this over at avs but did not get an answer so maybe you guys could assist. I have had my 9200w for about a year now and love it and its my first PJ, my question is as I have only used the wireless which works great but I am curios about running a HDMI cable to the PJ to see if the picture is any better, has anyone with the wireless system done this? I would like to know before I get in the roof and run the cable if it will make any difference cheers In advance.

Its a common oversight.

But I'd be surprised you'd see any difference. Wireless v HDMI is usually about reliability of signal transport. Both send the same image but wireless is more susceptible to transmission issues. If you're happy with your wireless performance then you'll get no better from HDMI.

Regards

Peter GIllespie

My TW9000w has always run over the wireless connection.

Only reasons I thought about going Wired are:

- reduce the number of things to turn on/off ( I always turn off the Wireless Sender after use)

- time the image takes to sync when changing inputs (haven't timed direct connection so this is an assumption)

Main reason I haven't run a HDMI is the very cramped roof space above the core filled block wall the projector hangs off. Can't think of a tidy way to install it so the wireless has remained for several years. I have been very happy with the reliability and image.

I suggest you run the cable and decide for yourself. No need to go inside the roof first just run the cable from the floor itself.

This is also good advice before you run any cable in the roof/walls etc - I've gone to the trouble of running a 10 mtr HDMI cable in my roof without testing it and you guessed it, faulty. Learn that lesson, now I always test quickly before I run anything permanently!

Edited by bassmaniac69