Sign in to follow this  
MKSOUND_HT

Regarding Projector Advice

Hey all,

I'm in the market for a new projector. I used to have a EHTW-3000 but wanted something to match in with the colour of my other equipment.

I was considering a Benq W6000 but I don't think I can fit the screen size I am after from the distance its positioned (around 3.5m with 100" screen, well at the moment its a 90" screen).

was wondering what other recommendations may be available? I'm looking at spending between $400-$850 second hand.

Thanks

Adrian

For a W6000 you would need 3.6m from the lens to the screen for 100". You can run the numbers here for any make - just move the Throw slider to the minimum and then select your screen size.

Thanks for the info :). My worry is that it will be too far back for me. One day i'd love to go upto a 130" screen but I don't think I could do it at the same distance.

Have you heard many good things about a DC6800 Mitsubishi projector for about $800?

Edited by Rotel_RMB1095

I was doing 133" scope from 4.3m on a TW6000, 133" scope is like 140" 16:9

Thanks for the info :). My worry is that it will be too far back for me. One day i'd love to go upto a 130" screen but I don't think I could do it at the same distance.

Have you heard many good things about a DC6800 Mitsubishi projector for about $800?

Presume that's a HC6800 you're referring to. The real issue with these is they have very low brightness compared to more recent models (about a quarter of the lumens of the W6000). See here for a review.

Thanks for the mention. My current projector has a similar brightness so I suppose its not too bad (around 1500 lumens).

Sorry I mean't to say HC6800 (thats the 10th time i've done it now lmao)

Hey all,

I ended up buying a fantastic Mitsubishi HC6800 last night and i'm super happy with it. The only problem is that it was bought with the intention it had a recently replaced new bulb but ended up having 1500+ hours on the lamp (I didn' think to ask, since it said "New bulb" you generally think under 1-100 hours at MOST.

I would not be over concerned if the pj is still giving a bright picture to your eyes. I see you are also taking the precaution of looking for a spare lamp in case this one suddenly expires. Good luck and enjoy.

I would not be over concerned if the pj is still giving a bright picture to your eyes. I see you are also taking the precaution of looking for a spare lamp in case this one suddenly expires. Good luck and enjoy.

Thanks :) At least the projector bulb was run on low (which is more than bright enough at the moment), so I technically have only useed 33% of the bulb (With a rated 4000w on low)

hmm i would be concerned... they falsly advertised a product.. new is new.. not second hand.

but if you are happy then ok i guess.

hmm i would be concerned... they falsly advertised a product.. new is new.. not second hand.

but if you are happy then ok i guess.

Thanks for ur reply. Yeah I was quite disappointed that I was put out at all but I got something towards the new bulb at least. The previous owner donated $50 towards the new bulb (at least got something)

I must admit i'm over the moon with it though, its been taken care of well and functions great. Would love to grab a new bulb soon so I can enjoy it to the full extent (as in from 0 hours :))

good to hear that.. actually interesting to hear about someone not buying the standard (entry) projector models being mentioned all the time on every website.... ie bq 1070.. epson 2030 optoma.. blah blah blah..

gave me another model to research.. thanks

good to hear that.. actually interesting to hear about someone not buying the standard (entry) projector models being mentioned all the time on every website.... ie bq 1070.. epson 2030 optoma.. blah blah blah..

gave me another model to research.. thanks

Well thats very true. Thanks :) I must admit the 1070 and epsons were in the choice but I am extremely impressed with the picture quality of this HC6800.

I also think the HC6800 looks fantastic too:

01-Mitsubishi__HC6800.jpg