Sign in to follow this  
hopefullguy

Which Benq?

hi, i will buy one of the following (sorry set on choice from these 3, ruled out the w1080st) benq w1070, w1070+ or w1300.

From what i can see the 1070+ is quite similar operating system to the w1300 so it comes down to price.

the problem i have is i have the room, have the screen 92" and i cannot work out those distance calculators.

we will sit 8 to 9 feet away with the projector on a small stand, tripod or a beam i will fit.. not worry which.

this is NOT a dedicated room and am not worried about how the room (walkway) will look when not watching movies or gaming in the dark as chairs, screen and pj are all put away.

the room will be quite dark when using the pj.

from what i see the w1300 will be best suited for the distance.. i like the w1070+ and seem to be able to get all these within about a $150 price spread.

thankyou

So will there be 8'-9' throw from the front of the projector to the screen, or is this a different?

So the projector will not need to be mounted above or below the screen?

Sure you don't want a larger screen e.g. 100"?

sorry we will sit 8 to 9 feet from the screen (can not change this)..

the pj can be put anywhere but not more than 9 feet away from the screen..

it can be from ground level to above head height mounted, table,stand, not matter.

in the future.. long.. i will have a room but for now i am using a makeshift, light controlled hallway area. about 3m long by 2.5m wide.. but i am set on 1 of the 3 pjs mentioned earlier.

92" is it for now.. for the space i have and this particular area..

thanks

Edited by hopefullguy

The minimum throw distance for a W1070 to throw a 92" diagonal 16:9 image is 7'8" from the screen to the projector's lens.

Try to mount on a stand just above the bottom of the screen so you can use lens shift and avoid keystone adjustments.

well i actually just got the 1070 yesterday and returned it today.

my room is a makeshift room with reasonable light control, the pj must be about 2.5 m from the screen on a stand showing a 93" diagonal image. 2 people sit either side of the projector with 2 people standing behind it ( strange but we prefer split screen COD gaming and limited movie use)

the 1070 was actually great ( even though the screen is a bedsheet for now!!) no noise worries as i have a over head fan directly above the pj and a side pedastal fan to keep the ps3 cool. so noise is not a worry for us. sitting quietly even in movies is not our stong point anyway.

the speaker.. well because we just play for fun.. and are use to a 50" plasma hd sound and make more noise than a mob of yelling idiots we actually liked the 1070 sound..so the 1070+ for us will be even better.. yes we are strange but the reason for a pj was to have a bigger screen.. nothing more, no way we will sit back in our recliners sipping chardonay enjoying the ambience of twin coned wofflers wofferling.. blah blah.

2 things really annoyed me

the lense cover... really s***s me off. but the killer is THE REMOTE.. now i got the w1300 remote with my 1070 WHAT A JOKE

we are all in our 50's and all agreed this was a waste of time. backlit was worse than without the light!.. so it went back. i will order the 1070+ once i see the new releases this january. i want the benq but for a group of old farts.. just playing cod splitscreen.. and a downloaded movie once a week its the small things that are important.

for the $160 extra i seem to be getting.. slightly better pq. slightly quieter (not important).. mhl (usefull0.. speaker (probably better0.. remote (hope better).. if not then this too will be returned

Edited by hopefullguy

Not sure why a remote would be such a killer for someone that only wants to play games and the odd movie and says only reason for PJ is larger screen but anyway why don't you get a Logitech harmony 650? I doubt the remote on the + will be much different .

pic of 1075+ remote here

http://www.whathifi.com/benq/w1070%2B/review

http://www.logitechshop.com.au/logitech-harmony-650-remote.html

Edited by wheelz