Hello all, just wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on this issue. I have an older Samsung Plasma TV (PS-63P71FDX), and whenever I am running a device with its output set to 1080p, it shows this noise in the image on the panel.

I've tested with a standalone blu-ray player, ps3, ps4 and a wdtv. Switching it back to 1080i solves the issue, but just wondering if anyone has any ideas what might be causing it?

I've attached a video of the issue in action. I've also tried numerous different HDMI cables, connecting devices straight to the TV instead of through my receiver (Onkyo SR605) and still have the same issue.

Cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH6W_XD5ZIQ

I guess your upscaling sd sources to 1080p zaphodis ? You cant polish a xx as they say and maybe the sammy is doing a good job deinterlacing to progressive so 1080i is best fed ? A ps3/4 wont do a good job like say an oppo when its converting to progressive :winky:

Switch off any edge enhancement and signal manipulations and see how you go or try a bit of dnr :purple:

 Digital NR: Off/Low/Medium/High/Auto
If the signal received by the television is weak, you can
activate this feature to reduce any static and ghosting that
may appear on the screen.
 Active Colour: Off/On
If you turn on this option, the Colours of the sky and grass will be stronger and clearer for a more
vivid on-screen picture.
➢ When you select Standard or Movie in Picture Mode, the Active Colour automatically changes
to Off and it is deactivated. When the Picture Mode is set to Dynamic, the Active Colour is
activated regardless of the Picture Mode setting.
 DNIe: Off/Demo/On
This TV includes the DNIe function so as to provide a high visual quality. If you set DNIe to on, you
can view the screen with the DNIe feature activated. If you set the DNIe to Demo, you can view the
applied DNIe and normal pictures on the screen, for demonstration purposes. Using this function, you
can view the difference in the visual quality.
➢ DNIeTM (Digital Natural Image engine)
This feature brings you more detailed image with 3D noise reduction, detail enhancement,
contrast enhancement and white enhancement. New image compensation Algorithm gives
brighter, clearer, more detailed image to you. DNIeTM technology will fit every signal into your
eyes.