Jvc X500 Issue

Hey all

So i have my new x500 setup with the signal coming out of my avr and to the projector.

Runs beautifully with the pc, with my blue ray, laptop.

When it comes to FTA tv however its no dice. I get a blue screen and thats about it.

I still get the sound just fine through the avr.

I have put my old projector back inline to see if it replicates the issue but it doesnt.....fta TV works fine on the old projector (and has worked fine on it for a year).

I have tried turning off all scaling pre the projector and e shift and mcp to no avail. I even tried bypassing the avr and hooking the Digital box direct to the x500 but no luck on that either.

Any thoughts on a possible solution.

Cheers

Steffan

Do you have the latest firmware in the X500 - believe it fixed a lot of HDMI issues.

Also try changing the start up sequence with the set top box direct to the X500.

Also check colour space/depth settings on the box and X500 - best to keep them the same. Again, try direct connection and bypass the AVR until you get it sorted.

ok......so i have had a play and this is what i have come up with.

I pulled out the old projector to make sure that the digital box was still working and it worked just fine with no problems at all.

Now the digital box has 3 output options at 1080........they are 24, 25 and 30 . so it was set on 25 and worked fine with the epson.....no dice with the jvc. Tried 30 and same deal. Tried 24 and i was able to get a picture on the jvc but its not a good picture.

So by this i conclude that the jvc projector does not have a hdmi handshake issue but its an incompatible refresh rate issue. Would you concur?

So my options in this case are to get a digibox that has a refresh rate of 60 or to get a tv tuner card for my htpc and run things through there. I don't really want to go through the hassle of setting up a front end for the tv tuner though so i guess its a matter of finding a new digital box.

Any other ideas..............?

And now about getting the 3d working but it's not so much a projector issue as the br player not recognizing the avr as being 3d compatible....i am yet to try playing anything 3d from my pc. Is there anything specific i have to set up on the jvc to get 3d going?

Thanx in advance for your help

Suspect it may still be a HDMI issue. What firmware version do you have? These had a feast of HDMI connectivity issues until the updated firmware came out.

We are offering the firmware updating program when the software version is r1178.*/r1210.*.
The version number is available in the Information tab of the projector menu.

OK, firmware has the updates.

Local FTA TV is 50Hz interlaced (effectively 25Hz). What color space and input level settings do you have? See p.50 of the X500's manual. Auto can be problematic, especially when passing through an AVR. Easiest is to have the same fixed settings in all sources, the AVR and display, if possible.

Recognition that the AVR is 3D capable is usually an EDID problem. Sometimes fixed by changing the starting order - I'd start with player, projector then AVR. Also make sure all other sources and displays are disconnected - especially displays that aren't 3D capable - some will keep HDMI ports powered while in standby and can confuse the issue. Also check that your AVR has the latest firmware.

i had a look into the settings as suggested and changing them made no difference. I still get the blue screen and its interesting that when i get that i also have no onscreen display for the avr so its getting absolutely no signal at all. Yet i can hook up my old projector and get signal no problem.

My X35 seems to have handshake issues depending on whether content is 'i' 'p' or 24 or 50 frames. Only fix I've found is to set my amp Denon X-2000 to upscale all content to "p" and now only rarely get the blue screen. Hard to identify whether it's a foxtel or Ps3 or amp or projector problem hope you get an answer soon

I understand where your coming from. I have tried mine with the avr upscaling to 1080p and turned off...........it this instance it is not making any difference at all.

I am thinking about getting a tv tuner card and just throwing that into my pc and seeing what happens from there

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys........begining to think my x500 is a dodgy unit.

A couple of days ago i put in a blu ray to play and the whole screen came up with a pink tint. I tried connecting the dvd player direct to the projector and no difference......tried the other hdmi input on the projector and no dice. I then hooked it back up through the AVR and then the projector would not pick up the dvd player at all. Tried a couple of different hdmi cables with no change.......so dvd player doesnt work with it anymore.

Tonight i was watching fta tv and the same thing...pink tint across the whole screen. Tried digibox to projector direct and same thing. hooked it back up through the avr and swapped inputs and screen is normal again.

What do you reakon..........its time to call JVC and see what they have to say?

Cheers

Stef