Sign in to follow this  
MKSOUND_HT

Led 1080P Projector - To Replace My Epson Ehtw3000 Or Just Save For Another Bulb One Day

Hey all,

I don't have much experience in 1080P projectors, but for some reason i'm always thinking about the bulb life of my Epson EH-TW3000. It only has 100 hours left on the bulb but I do tend to use it like a TV, and I am always cautious putting more life on the bulb.

I usually use it for 2-3 hours a night, so it does add up quite quickly. I was thinking about possibly selling my projector to get an LED Projector second hand.

What are my chances of finding a 1080P LED Projector for around $600-$800? I'd want to make sure it had at least 1100 lumens.

Thanks

Adrian

Hey all,

I don't have much experience in 1080P projectors, but for some reason i'm always thinking about the bulb life of my Epson EH-TW3000. It only has 100 hours left on the bulb but I do tend to use it like a TV, and I am always cautious putting more life on the bulb.

I usually use it for 2-3 hours a night, so it does add up quite quickly. I was thinking about possibly selling my projector to get an LED Projector second hand.

What are my chances of finding a 1080P LED Projector for around $600-$800? I'd want to make sure it had at least 1100 lumens.

Thanks

Adrian

Adrian,

the bulb doesnt stop working at 3000 hrs, you might get 4000+ out of it. Just replace the bulb when it goes, they're cheap. There are no LED projectors for under 4 grand right now and I certainly wouldn't buy one because it doesn't use a bulb that's probably $300.

Adrian,

the bulb doesnt stop working at 3000 hrs, you might get 4000+ out of it. Just replace the bulb when it goes, they're cheap. There are no LED projectors for under 4 grand right now and I certainly wouldn't buy one because it doesn't use a bulb that's probably $300.

Agree.

Also, don't get sucked into the cheapie LED projectors on ebay, kmart etc. They're junk.

Hi There,

Opps I put the wrong details down sorry. I mean't to say i've only put 100 hours on it so far (so still extremely early into the life of the projector.

I'm somewhat worried when the bulb does actually go, I worry about my health and always get worried about any mercury vapours if the lamp does end up popping eventually.

I'm also concerned that the lcd will eventually get burn marks into it, I think its already had 1 bulb through it by the previous owner.

I bought it with a brand new lamp installed/serviced.

Edited by aad_ht

Hi There,

Opps I put the wrong details down sorry. I mean't to say i've only put 100 hours on it so far (so still extremely early into the life of the projector.

I'm somewhat worried when the bulb does actually go, I worry about my health and always get worried about any mercury vapours if the lamp does end up popping eventually.

I'm also concerned that the lcd will eventually get burn marks into it, I think its already had 1 bulb through it by the previous owner.

:w00t:

Hi There,

I think you have more chance of being run over by a bus driven by suicidal canadian mountain yaks than getting crook from a blown lamp.

Never heard of burn marks on the panel from a blown lamp, they dont blow up like a grenade.

100hrs in, you're laughing, sit back and enjoy the next 2000-3000+ hours of tv and movies.

2 or 3 hours per night is not a lot of use given the average movie is 2 hours.

Don't drink a bear during your evenings viewing, it will cost you MUCH, MUCH more than the projector lamps running cost, including power usage.

Find something else more important to worry about.

Edited by Owen

Don't drink a bear during your evenings viewing, it will cost you MUCH, MUCH more than the projector lamps running cost, including power usage.

Find something else more important to worry about.

Exactly, not to mention drinking a bear a night will probably kill you from hairballs before any released gas from a bulb will :) .

Drinking 'a bear' a night .....aaah ! the mind wanders. :baby:

C.M

Spam reported.

Exactly, not to mention drinking a bear a night will probably kill you from hairballs before any released gas from a bulb will :) .

That's what a bottle of red does for me. :blush:

After washing down a packet of Kettle chips with the red I've spent enough to run the projector for 100 movies, even with a cheap bottle of red.

The cost of lamps and power to run the projector is totally insignificant, its so cheap its silly.

Hairballs are not a problem when drinking "bears", just put em through a blender first. Smooooth. :D